- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Mayrhofen
If you’re hunting for après-ski in the Ziller Valley then Mayrhofen is for you. Its location, in the glacial Zillertal range, close to the Hintertux glacier, which offers year-round skiing, is also excellent, whether you like a long cruising run or an exciting fast drop. Plus it’s not lost its Tyrolean charms, and the majority of the buildings are traditional and heavily-timbered - rustic even. If you’re here for the après-ski then you’ll find the best places to stay in Mayrhofen in Mayrhofen proper.
But if you’re here to ski, or for the wonderful summer scene of hiking and gasthof-hopping, then you might find your idea of the best places to stay in Mayrhofen just outside the resort, or tucked away in the surrounding hills.
Mayrhofen is small enough so that you can walk everywhere, and there’s a good ski bus service which will whisk you to other places within the Zillertal valley ski area. Mayrhofen’s ski area spreads out around the villages of Finkenberg, Lanersbach and Hippach, and there are accommodation options in all of these towns, which are perfect if you’re looking for something a bit quieter.
Maryhofen is also known for its spas and ‘wellness centres’, some are part of hotels, but there are some purpose built centres.
If you're planning to visit during the busy Christmas, New Year, Feb half term or the annual end of season Snowbomb Festival just be aware that the best places to stay in Mayrhofen will be exceptionally busy So either get very organised and book well ahead, or plan your trip for quieter times!
For central location
- The Elisabeth Hotel is an elegant, five star hotel with 70 chic, Tyrolean style rooms. You’re just five minutes walk from the centre of town, plus there’s a wonderful restaurant and an impressive wine cellar. Adults only.
- Alpendomizil Neuhaus is a great central option for families. They have a range of accommodation from double rooms to family apartments and fantastic facillties including swimming pools (indoor and outdoor), spa, children's play area and restaurant.
For the views
- Just outside of Mayrhofen proper you’ll find the Sporthotel Stock, perfectly positioned for some of the best views in the whole of the scenic Ziller Valley. Expect all the comforts of a five star hotel, including an extensive spa menu and a spectacular pool and a cocktail bar with panoramic views. There are 108 rooms and suites with a romantic feel. Perfect for a romantic ski break?
The Best Places to Stay around Mayrhofen
- The Hotel Tuxerhof in nearby Tux is a great option which doesn’t scrimp on luxury. It’s four star, with wooden interiors and homely decor, 60 alpine style rooms and suites, a spa, indoor and outdoor pools and a salt grotto, and a gourmet restaurant.
- Das Posthotel in Zell am Ziller is an eco friendly boutique ski lodge, with a wonderful design created using locally grown oak, pine and spruce. There are just 27 rooms and suites, and they offer all sorts of indulgences, like pillow menus, an extensive spa menu and gourmet cuisine - you can even ‘book a cook’ to come to your room. And the views from the balconies are something special.
Best Hotels in Mayrhofen
Alpendomizil Neuhaus 150 rooms from $91Mayrhofen
Superb alpine hotel set in the stunning Ziller Valley. The cosy, comfortable rooms afford excellent views out over the valley. In the winter, when not skiing, you can relax in the extensive spa; whilst in the summer months take walk on a Hintertux Glacier trail or simply relax by the pool.Active Holiday - Sking, Nordic walking, yoga and much more - there is an activity for everyone here!Skiing - Great skiing nearby and the hotel has ski storage and pass vendor facilities.Foodies - A delicious breakfast and four course menu are includedSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool.
Hotel Kramerwirt 80 rooms from $114Mayrhofen
This traditionally Tyrolean hotel is located in the village of Mayrhofen. It features rooms and suites decorated in an Alpine style with plenty of wooden features. Be sure to relax in the rooftop hot tub after a day skiing and enjoy the splendid views all around! A family-friendly and cheery spot.Families - Family rooms available, nearby skiing and a projector in the playroom for the kids- a great spot for a family tripActive Holiday - This is the ideal base from which to head off cycling, skiing or hiking to fully explore the region's true beautyCountry Escape - Soak up the fresh air and sights of the hotel's tranquil countryside setting in the Ziller ValleySkiing - Make use of the free ski bus which stops just outside the hotel's entrance
Elisabeth Hotel 70 rooms from $400Mayrhofen (Einfahrt Mitte 432)
A classy and elegant hotel offering five star luxury, in a central location. Chic and modern rooms, decorated in modern Tylorean style. Excellent cuisine and an exquisite wine cellar along with a pool, spa, sauna and steam rooms make this adults-only hotel a top choice when in Mayrhofen.Local exploring - A five minute walk away from the centre of town, with easy access to the train station, slopes and hiking trails.Romantic Break - Comfortable and luxurious rooms with 5 star services, excellent views, massage and spa treatments and no kids!Sights nearby - Visit the interesting Schwaz silver mine, a compelling underground tour.Swimming Pool - A heated pool for guests
Sporthotel Stock 108 rooms from $452Mayrhofen
A high class alpine hotel in the picturesque Ziller Valley. Host to all the creature comforts of a five star hotel, including an extensive spa and a fantastic panoramic cocktail bar. With great skiing on the doorstep, it's the perfect spot for a luxurious skiing holiday.Romantic Break - A perfect romantic, alpine getaway with spacious rooms and suites boasting incredible views, starry skies and king sized beds.Spa breaks - Spend a weekend relaxing in the hotel's extensive spa which focuses on hydrotherapy.Views - Great views from hotelSpa