- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Book Now
Zell am See
Search the best hotels in Zell am See
Best Hotels in Zell am See
Pension Hubertus 21 rooms from $52Zell am See
A family-run B&B in the pretty mountain town Zell am See. Traditionally styled rooms give a cosy feel with pretty fabrics and wood panelling. Stunning lake views can be enjoyed from the best rooms. Hearty breakfast are served. Steps from the nearest gondola. A perfect spot for families.Families - With a laid-back feel and special family discounts, all ages are well accommodated at this hotel.Skiing - 77 pistes to suit all abilities and the Zell am See gondola is right by the hotel.Active Holiday - From hiking to skiing this is an ideal base for adventure enthusiasts.Value chic - Excellent value for a ski holiday
Hotel Berner 34 rooms from $125Zell am See
Situated right next to the town's main ski slope, Hotel Berner features modern rooms with balconies offering great views. The hotel has on site spa facilities, its own restaurant serving both local and international cuisine and a heated outdoor pool open all year round. Quiet but central location.Spa breaks - The hotel boasts a Finnish sauna, heated outdoor pool, a steam bath and massages are available on request.Active Holiday - A great spot for an active break with ski to door access as well as local cycling, hiking and golfing.Great walks - Take a walk around the beautiful Lake Zell.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool open all year round
Hotel Sonnblick 35 rooms from $129Kaprun
A traditional mountain hotel, in the centre of Kaprun. The elegant rooms are decorated in a typically Alpine manner and boast balconies with spectacular views. Feast on Austrian cuisine at the in house restaurant, and pamper yourself in the extensive spa. The ideal mountain getaway!Active Holiday - The perfect active break with ski-to-door acces, an on site pool and horse riding, cycling, hiking and golf all on offer nearby.Families - With family suites, a kids meals at the restaurant and plenty of room to run around.Great walks - Make the most of the many surrounding hiking trails and tracks.Views - Great views from hotel
Steinerwirt 1493 28 rooms from $161Zell am See
Excellent hotel with stunning views of the valley surrounding Zell am See. Steinerwirt is fun and easy-going with plenty to offer including a spa, a modern art gallery and an award winning restaurant. Perfectly suited to family holidays.Families - Catered towards young families with indoor play area, books, DVDs, music for children, board games/puzzles.Active Holiday - Perfect for an outdoor holiday, skiing, mountaineering and watersports are all on tap at Zell am See.Fishing - Anglers will be pleased to hear, there is excellent fishing on Lake Zell.Views - Great views from hotel
Romantik Hotel Zell am See 39 rooms from $165Zell am See
A classic hotel geared up for outdoor pursuit on the shores of Lake Zell. With spacious and comfortable rooms and an extensive spa, it's the perfect place to relax after a day's skiing or hiking. Enjoy delicious Austrian food and wine at its Metzgerwirt restaurant. An excellent value option.Active Holiday - A great place for an active holiday, whether its skiing, hiking, biking or watersports- there is plenty on offer.Total relaxation - After an active day relax in the spa, sauna, steam bath or at the bar and organic restaurant.Sights nearby - Visit Kaprun Castle, only three miles from the hotel.Views - Great views from hotel
Hotel Salzburgerhof 68 rooms from $340Zell am See (Auerspergstraße 11)
A grand luxury hotel surrounded by mountains and lakes in Zell am see. Rooms are opulently furnished evoking a country-house style with carpeted floors, comfort sofas and fireplaces. An awarded restaurant, a superb wine list, a spa and gardens and pools. The perfect getaway.Foodies - An award winning restaurant on site - The SalzburgerstubeLocal markets - Close by to cultural areas and top quality gastronomy in townSwimming Pool - An outdoor and indoor poolFull of character
About Zell am See
Zell am See is a tiny, but perfectly formed Austrian city, right by its own perfect alpine lake and nestled in amongst snow capped, and glacier studded, mountains. Since the 60s it’s been an alpine health resort, the kind of place where the air and water feel like they’re probably doing you good. Even the Zeller See lake is known for being healthily drinkable, no just ripe for bathing and boating.
As well as drinking the water, people come to hike, ski, cycle, drive around the amazing high mountain roads in expensive, preferably opened-topped, cars, and watch other people doing the same. It’s probably no surprise that some of the best places to stay in Zell am See are glamorous alpine chalet-cum-health-resorts, but our Guru’s list of the best places to stay in Zell am See also includes several very family friendly hotels and a very reasonable family-run B&B or two.
If you’re here to ski then you might appreciate that this is quite a developed ski resort, unlike most of Austria’s more rustic village resorts, and the fact that there’s an impressive glacier just down the road at Kaprun and a gondola link to Vienhofen near Saalbach. The skiing is pretty varied but doesn’t come that close to the town itself, but you will find some of the best places to stay in Zell am See for skiiers are just up the slopes out of town.
If you’re here in the summer, or just to experience Zell, then you’ll probably be more interested in the pretty, medieval old town, its Romanesque church and castle. There are also numerous walking routes and plenty of outdoor activities, like paragliding, cannoning, sledding etc.. During summer there’s a light show on over the lake most evenings, plus a nightly festival with great food, art and music.
The Best Places to Stay in Zell am See
The Best Places to Stay in Zell am See for Skiiers
- Active by Leitner’s is a contemporary hotel, with plenty of glass and bare wood, in a stunning Alpine location. There’s a spa with active folks in mind, and a restaurant specialising in healthy food. In the tradition of Zell am See as a health resort.
The Most Romantic Places to Stay in Zell am See
- A classic example of Zrll am See’s charms, the Hotel Salzburgerhof offers wonderful views of both the lake and the mountains, along with 68 opulently furnished rooms with a country house hotel feel. The restaurant has won awards and is known for its extensive wine list and there’s a wonderful spa, a beautiful pool and lovely landscaped gardens.
- The Romantik Hotel Zell am See is a traditional hotel right on the shores of beautiful Lake Zell. The 39 rooms are spacious and comfortable and there’s an extensive spa - perfect for recovering from long days hiking or on the slopes. There’s an excellent Austrian restaurant known for its local food and wine.
The Best Places to Stay in Zell am See for Families
- Steinerwirt 1493 is a 28 room hotel with stunning valley views and a fun, easy-going atmosphere. There’s a spa and modern art gallery, plus an award-winning restaurant and an indoor play area. It’s also well set up for skiers.
The Best Value Places to Stay in Zell am See
- The Pension Hubertus is a family run B&B with 21 traditional rooms and a cosy atmosphere. There are amazing views of the lake from the best rooms and from the balconies, and they serve a hearty breakfast. Rooms start from around £45 per night.
- If you’re looking for a great value ski hotel, the Hotel Berner is for you. It’s right by Zell am See’s main ski slope and has 34 modern rooms - some with beautiful views - a spa, heated pool and Finnish Sauna and its own restaurant. There are just 34 rooms starting from around £100 per night.