- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Brazil
Best Hotels in Brazil
- (1 hotels) Amazonas hotels
- (1 hotels) Arraial d'Ajuda hotels
- (19 hotels) Bahia hotels
- (1 hotels) Barra de Sao Miguel hotels
- (4 hotels) Buzios hotels
- (1 hotels) Fernando de Noronha hotels
- (2 hotels) Minas Gerais hotels
- (5 hotels) Paraty hotels
- (17 hotels) Rio de Janeiro hotels
- (2 hotels) Santa Catarina hotels
- (5 hotels) São Paulo hotels
- (1 hotels) Sao Paulo State hotels
Hotel Canto Das Aguas 44 rooms from $64Bahia
A rustic hotel in the town of Lincois. Charming colourful rooms and suites have stone floors, wooden beams, and splashes of art. Lovely gardens, large pool, and lots of nooks and crannies to explore. Ideal for families and those on a budget.Value chicKids Club - Fully staffed.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Santa Clara 12 rooms from $86Bahia
A tropical guesthouse with rustic rooms, direct beach access, and rock bottom prices. A completely unspoilt paradise for barefoot luxury and an eco experience. Excellent restaurant and massage therapies.Beach LifeValue chicSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - I Escape, CN Traveller
Castelinho38 12 rooms from $67Rio de Janeiro (Santa Teresa)
A cheerful hotel in Rio's Bohemian Quarter, Santa Teresa. Large colourful rooms, suites, and triples, with sea views. Lovely breakfast terrace and garden. Excellent value, idea for families on a budget.Value chicSights nearby - Santa Theresa is Rio's bohemian quarter, Carioca Aqueduct, Museu da Chácara do Céu.Great walks - Good for walkers.Surfing - Suitable beaches nearby.Recommended by - I Escape
Casa Cool Beans 10 rooms from $84Rio de Janeiro (136 Rio de Janeiro-RJ (Santa Teresa))
Inexpensive, super-friendly B&B in a cool boho neighbourhood. Clean and simple white washed rooms with splashes of colour - most with two double beds. Multiple gardens, open-air areas, pool and sun deck have wonderful views and are perfect to chill out in. A great choie for groups of friends.Groups - An ideal spot for groups or families, most rooms have two double beds, and the garden is a great place to chill in the evenings.Sights nearby - Just 7 km from the iconic Sugar Loaf Mountain, plus the B&B runs a shuttle service to the main sights.Restrictions on children - No children under 13.Swimming Pool - Lovely outdoor pool.Recommended by - Frommers, Fodors
Pousada Casa de Paraty 3 rooms from $108Rio de Janeiro, Paraty
An adorable boutique guesthouse in historic Paraty. Just three suites have white washed walls and private patios. Fantastic breakfasts and access to all the beaches, waterfalls, and rainforest activities around. Ideal for families, excellent value, lots to do.FamiliesSailing - Dona Geralda schooner.Sights nearby - Forte Defensor.Back to NatureRecommended by - I Escape
Fazenda Catucaba 10 rooms from $310Sao Paulo, Paraty
A glorious 1850s farmhouse in a beautiful valley setting. The perfect place for total relaxation, fresh air, organic produce, log fires, and countryside. Chic rooms and suites all in white with cerulean blue shutters. Fantastic food, full board. 10 rooms and 2 small villas sleep 4 each.Active HolidayRomantic BreakCountry EscapeFamiliesRecommended by - I Escape
Tivoli Sao Paulo - Mofarrej 95 rooms from $179São Paulo (Cerqueira César)
A Five Star boutique with flair. Luxury rooms and suites in minimal design with all the mod cons. Fantastic French restaurant, Banyan Tree spa, gorgeous roof top terrace and pool. A hotel with the wow factor. Family friendly, romantic, and gourmet.Spa breaks5* Luxury - Very high service standards.City StyleSights nearby - Parque Trianon, Planetarium and Teatro Municipal.
Villa Bahia 17 rooms from $204São Paulo (Higienópolis)
A glorious boutique hotel, previously a colonial house, right in the heart of a UNESCO heritage district. Romantic bedrooms have four poster beds and elegant furnishings, all in different themes. Lovely roof top terrace, plunge pool, good local cuisine. Bags of character, family friendly.Sights nearby - The hotel is in the Pelourinho district, a historic UNESCO World Heritage site.Four poster beds - For romantics.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Abracadabra 16 rooms from $136Buzios (Centro, Armação dos Búzios)
A cheap and chic guesthouse on the Buzios peninsula. Perfect sea views over the bay, rustic chic rooms, lovely garden, terraces and pool. An ideal spot for an active beach holiday in a lovely town.Value chicSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Pousada Casas Brancas 32 rooms from $224Buzios (Loteamento Triângulo de Búzios)
A stunning boutique to the East of Rio, just outside Buzios with 26 beaches to choose from. Romantic rooms, suites, and 2-bedroom apartments have white washed walls, attractive paintings, and private balconies, some with private pools. Fabulous seafood restaurant, large pool, and sprawling terraces.Families - 2 bedroom apartments.LuxuryHoneymoonsFoodiesRecommended by - I Escape
Solar da Ponte 18 rooms from $174Minas Gerais
A charming colonial house turned boutique inn in a village with cobbled streets. Old world rooms and suites have four poster beds and lots of space. Lovely gardens and pool, walking distance to restaurants, and lots of wildlife to view. Bags of character with lots of exploring to do.Sights nearby - Wander around the cobbled streets of Tiradentes.Restrictions on children - Over 8s welcome.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Reserva do Ibitipoca 14 rooms from $435Minas Gerais
A stunning lodge in the Natural Park with boutique rooms, an Ayurvedic spa, glorious surroundings, and lots of wildlife to view. Fantastic food, all included, and sumptuous suites in traditional style. A few separate houses perfect for groups or families. Horses to explore the area. Fab!Groups - A few private houses with 3 bedrooms are perfect for groups or families.Spa breaksRomantic BreakLuxuryRecommended by - I Escape
Vida Sol E Mar from $143Brazil, Santa Catarina
A beautiful beach resort. Eco condo-style villas have floor to ceiling glass with beach views, private hot tubs, all the mod cons and kitchens. An ideal spot for families, surfers, or those who like nature.Eco breakGroupsFamiliesBeach LifeRecommended by - I Escape
Ponta dos Ganchos from $476Santa Catarina
Utterly dreamy beach paradise. Enormous luxury cabanas with private pools, hot tubs, balconies, all the mod cons. Excellent spa, health club, fantastic restaurant, private beach, and attentive service. Ideal for honeymoons and romantic breaks.HoneymoonsRomantic BreakBeach LifeLuxuryRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Relais & Chateaux, Kiwi Collection
No other country has Brazil's vibrancy. There's so much life in the landscape, and that feeds through into the passionate Brazilians, who infect the architecture, art and way of living with their energy. This is South America's largest and most varied country, with tropical rainforests, white sandy beaches, beautifully dilapidating colonial towns, mega cities with their sprawling favelas, the Amazon river and a rich wealth of wildlife. And of course this life and variety feeds through into the best places to stay in Brazil, which reflect the joie de vivre of the country.
There are many ways to experience Brazil. On many budgets. You might find yourself being whipped into a frenzy during Rio de Janeiro's Carnival, trying out the bossa nova cafés of Santa Teresa, hiking up to meet Cristo Redentor for one of the world's most spectacular views, or sunning yourself with the beautiful Brazilians on the caipirinha-soaked beaches of Ipanema and Copacobana.
Of you might find yourself shopping for fashion in São Paulo, a global city of epic proportions and Brazil’s cultural capital. With 20 million inhabitants, some rich, some very poor and lots of foreigners, São Paulo has a landscape to match this cultural diversity. As well as culture and shopping, São Paulo is also known for its nightlife.
You might also find yourself hiding out on the banks of the Amazon and going on rainforest safaris. Or in amongst the reserves and luscious green valleys of Minas Gerais - also great for those interested in Brazil's colonial past. Or Perhaps you'd like to explore somewhere really remote? Like Fernando de Noronha, an archipelago of 21 islands, for the quintessential tropical paradise.
If you want to come to Brazil for a beach break, try Bahia, with its sunshine, white sandy beaches, coconut palms and bright blue water. Salvador de Bahia was Brazil's first capital, and the ancient mix of cultures - coming from Europe, Africa and the Americas - which gathered here still shows. Or consider Paraty, a gem hidden just west of Rio. A colonial town surrounded by untouched beaches, jungle and natural parks, this is a great place for snorkelling, fishing and just relaxing. Or Búzios, that stunning hippy favourite east of Rio turned luxurious topical hideaway.
If you know which part of Brazil you'll be exploring skip through to our Brazilian Destination Guides:
- The Best Places to Stay in Rio de Janeiro
- The Best Places to Stay in São Paulo
- The Best Places to Stay in Bahia
The Best Places to Stay in Brazil for a City Break Like No Other
- Right on Ipanema Beach, Fasano is a Philippe Starck-designed retro-chic paradise, with fifties and sixties furniture, and pacious airy bedrooms - many with two double beds placed to maximise ocean views. Staff even wear vintage uniforms! And there's a rooftop pool and bar to retreat to when you've had enough of the beach.
- Featured in songs, films and books, the Copacabana Palace is an iconic place to stay in Rio. There's all-out marble and chandelier bedecked grandeur in public areas, so the feeling is traditionally luxurious. The beachfront rooms are the best, with their terraces, and the pool, bar and restaurants are quite something.
- The Ipanema Penthouse is a three bedroom apartment, with chic, all white bedrooms with private balconies, a rooftop pool and fantastic panoramic views of the city.
- Casa do Amarelindo is great for a city break in Bahia. In the bustling heart of the pretty Pelourinho district, it offers a quiet spot, a roof terrace, fantastic views. Just ten rooms, and, with no guests under 14 accepted, this is a grown up, intimate hotel.
The Best Places to Stay in Brazil for a Beach Break
- Rio Atlantica is a large hotel on the beach at Copacabana. Rooms and suites are modern and luxurious, and some of them also have spectacular views.
- Just down from São Paulo, Vida Sol E Mar is a beautiful, eco-friendly beach resort. The location is idyllic and the resort makes the most of it with as many floor to filing windows as possible.
- The Ponta dos Ganchos is also just below São Paulo, another dreamy beach paradise, this time with enormous luxury cabanas with private pools, balconies and hot tubs.
- Uxua Casa Hotel in Trancoso is perfect if you're planning a luxurious beach break. Its ten 'cases', or wooded villa huts, are surrounded by a luscious, shady garden. And you're just a short stroll from the beach.
- Txai Resort ion the Coconut Coast is best for the eco-conscious. Slightly undeveloped and colourful, with just the right blend of rustic and comfort, these 40 rooms and bungalows are perfect for a tropical escape. You're right on the beach, but with access to plenty of resort style facilities.
- Insolito, tucked away on the side of the Búzios peninsula, is a sleek, minimalist hotel with an excellent fusion restaurant and amazing sea views.
The Best Places to Stay in Brazil to Relax
- The Cachoiera Inn is two hours from the capital, in the buzzing resort of Búzios, the St Tropez of Brazil. Cachoeira means waterfall in Portuguese and there are nine here, as well as pools and a swim-up bar. There's a multilevel reef just off the coast, so this is a great place for divers and snorkelers - this is a great spot for meeting local turtles. Can you resist lying in a hammock under a palm tree sipping a caipirinha? Absolutely not.
- Pousada Picinguaba is by a secluded bay with a white sandy beach. Its chic, all white rooms have wooden floors and four poster beds. Great for meeting the local wildlife, but also great for romance.
- Fazenda da Lagoa is a secluded eco-retreat on the Coconut Coast with just fourteen cabanas. Here you'll find peace and quiet amongst the coconut groves, personalised spa treatments and a total pampering service.
The Best Places to Stay in Brazil for An Adventure
- Casa Cairucu in Paraty is a a gorgeous eco lodge with views over crystal blue water. A smart wooden structure on stilts, with just four rooms, floor to ceiling glass windows, this is the perfect spot for families or groups of friends who want the outdoors in all its greatness.
- Also in Paraty, though this time in the town itself, Casa Turquesa is a charming colonial house with three romantic bedrooms filled with artefacts and paintings.
- Fazenda Catucaba is a glorious farmhouse set in a luscious green valley with chic boutique rooms and suites, log fires and fresh local produce prepared by fantastic chefs.
- Fazenda São Francisco do Corumbau is best for whale watching. On a private stretch of quiet beach, there are excellent amenities for scuba diving, snorkelling, fishing and other water sports. There are just ten private bungalows, scattered amongst the palm trees, and it's all very family friendly.
- Etnia Pousada and Boutique in Trancoso has eight rustic, individually styled bungalows just a few minutes walk from the beach.
- Cachoeira Inn, a favourite of Brigitte Bardot, is a slightly quirky hotel set in a tropical forest. Its wooden structure on stilts fuses Asian and Brazilian architecture and you'll find art from all over the world, nine waterfalls and two private beaches.
- The Reserva do Ibitipoca is a stunning lodge in a Natural Park, with beautiful boutique rooms and gardens and terraces that let you soak in your surroundings. There's also an Ayurvedic spa, and riding safaris on offer.
- Solar da Ponte is a charming colonial house on a cobbled street in the village of Tridentes, with old world rooms and suites, four poster beds and bags of character.
The Best Places to Stay in Brazil - The Hip Edit
- The Santa Teresa Hotel is hipness HQ in Rio's Santa Teresa, serving up luxury boho chic. The loft suite the ultimate, but the verandah rooms are also excellent, and the restuarant serves acclaimed Brazilian-French gastronomy by French chef Damien Montecer.
- São Paulo's Hotel Unique is a boutique designer-chic hotel designed in the shape of a ship. The rooftop terrace, extensive spa and gourmet fusion restaurants are hip places to be seen.
- Luxurious and modern, Fasano Hotel is another competitor for São Paulo's hippest hotel. As well as a rooftop health club, a top of the range spa and multiple restaurants, the Fasano also has a jazz club.
- Emiliano might just possibly be cooler though? Luxury all the way - including private butlers and complimentary massages, this hotel is so cool it doesn't even need to try to hard. Understated to the point of being a work of art.
- Close to one of Salvador's best beaches, Hotel Cocoon & Lounge is a funky, spaceship-like hotel building - it's very 60s, in a futuristic, cool way.
The Best Places to Stay in Brazil on a Budget
- Castelinho38 is a cheerful hotel in Rio's bohemian quarter, Santa Teresa. Rooms are large and colourful - some with sea views, and there's a lovely breakfast terrace and garden. The seven rooms start from £67 per night. This is also one of the best places to stay in Rio for families.
- Quinta Azul in the quiet hills of Santa Terese is a good value boutique pousada. The house itself is over 120 years old with thirteen comfortable rooms, close to restaurants and galleries and just ten minutes from the beach. Room rates start from £87 per night.
- Ilha de Toque Toque in São Sebastião is a collection of contemporary chic suites with beautiful bay views. Enjoy the view from a hammock on your private deck, and all starting from just £69 per night.
- Abracadabra offers perfect sea views over the bay of Búzios, with rustic chic rooms, a lovely pool and a fantastic seafood restaurant.