- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Whistler
With its pretty alpine village - which wouldn’t look out of place on a Christmas card - you might think Whistler has been a ski resort for ages, but it’s really very new, the first ski season was held here in 1966. And it’s now the largest ski area in North America, nestled into the fold of the Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains. As with many spectacular ski resorts the best places to stay in Whistler are either those with the best views, or the best skiing access.
Whistler is also extremely popular in summer. It’s packaged as an adventure sports field, with great hiking, climbing, mountain biking etc., and all the best places to stay in Whistler have great summer facilities as well as ski storage etc..
Whistler the resort has several small villages within it, but you’ll find most of the hotels, shops and restaurants in Whistler Village, the higher end hotels and resorts in the Upper Village and many of the B&Bs in Village North, which is a bit quieter (for a selection of self catering apartments, visit our online partner, Booking.com).
Whistler hosted part of the 2010 Winter Olympics, after being created as an Olympic host hopeful in the 60s. And it’s a pretty spectacular place to ski, slide or snowboard. Whistler Backcomb has 37 lifts servicing over 200 runs across the two mountains, with a vertical drop of around 1,500metres or 5,000feet. There’s a huge range of terrain, from great beginner runs, to chutes and trees, powdery bowls and groomed cruising runs. There are also four terrain parks and miles of cross country trails.
As well as the amazing landscape, Whistler also has a few attractions in the town, like a summer Farmer’s Market, the Whistler Sliding Centre and a local museum.
Planning to visit in either winter or summer? To ensure a room in one of the best places to stay in Whistler, you'll need to book well ahead.
For a bit of Luxury
- The Four Seasons Resort Whistler is an elegant resort in Whistler’s Upper Village. This is a large hotels with a range of room options, but some have kitchens as well as balconies overlooking the mountains and floating fireplaces. There’s also a chic restaurant.
- Nita Lake Lodge is a luxurious boutique hotel right on the shores of Lake Nita. The 77 rooms are understated and elegant and many of them have spectacular views. There’s a restaurant specialising in locally sourced produce plus an outdoor heated pool.
For great value
- The Crystal Lodge Hotel has a range of accommodation options, from traditional rooms to loft suites, and they’re all spacious and tastefully decorated. The hotel also has great views and a great bar. And rooms start from around £70 per night.
- Sleek and modern, the Adara Hotel has 41 rooms decorated with floating fireplaces and original art works, plus great ski storage facilities and views. And you’re close to some of Whistler’s best restaurants and bars.
For an apartment
- Some prefer to self cater - it's often the cheapest option for a skiing holiday. If you'd like to find an apartment to rent, we recommend our online partner, Booking.com.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Whistler for you?
Best Hotels in Whistler
Crystal Lodge Hotel 158 rooms from $81Whistler (British Columbia)
A 'has it all' hotel in the ultimate adventure playground. Whether it's a traditional room or a loft suite required you'll find the rooms spacious and tastefully designed. Fill your days in the outdoors be it skiing or bungee jumping before unwinding over a glass or two in the hotel's wine bar.Skiing - When the snow falls the hills come alive with skiing, ice skating, tubing, dog sledging and snow shoeing.Views - Great views from hotelHouse party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Full of character
Adara Hotel 41 rooms from $117Whistler
A stylish hotel located in the beautiful mountain town of Whistler. The sleek modern rooms feature floating fireplaces, comfy beds, and original art pieces. Ski storage, rental and repair make this the ideal ski hotel, while proximity to Whistlers top restaurants and clubs takes care of après ski!Fishing - The rivers of the region are rich with fish, just ask at the front desk about organising a trip!Swimming Pool - Outdoor seasonal pool.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
Nita Lake Lodge 77 rooms from $122Whistler
A luxury boutique hotel and spa on the shores of Lake Nita. Understated elegant rooms feature neutral tones and command breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside. The yummy restaurant uses locally sourced forage and farm produce. A peaceful retreat from fast pace life.Fishing - The hotel provides rods free of charge for fishing on the lake.Great walks - Lovely walks around the scenic Nita Lake.Swimming Pool - Outdoor heated pool.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Four Seasons Resort Whistler 273 rooms from $228Whistler
A high end Four Seasons resort in Whistler's Upper Village. Rooms are modern, elegant and spacious and come with a range of amenities from kitchens, to floating fireplaces and balconies overlooking the mountain. The chic on site restaurant is a huge reward after a day on the slopes.Swimming Pool - Outdoor year round pool.Lively - Hip and happening.Lively area - In the thick of the action.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.