- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Antigua and Barbuda
Search the best hotels in Antigua and Barbuda
About Antigua and Barbuda
All our Antigua and Barbuda collections:
- Best places to stay in Antigua
- Best places to stay in English Harbour
- Best places to stay in Barbuda
Antigua is a classic Caribbean destination, lined with superb, soft, white, palm fringed beaches and adored by sailors since the days of Horatio Nelson. Nelson's English Harbour is lively with sailors during the winter season. Barbuda is much dozier, almost just one long beach, with a smaller population of people and a larger population of wildlife. The best places to stay in Antigua and Barbuda range from Antigua's top end once-in-a-lifetime resorts to mid-range, family-friendly all-inclusives and Barbuda's handful of smaller hotels and guesthouses.
Antigua and Barbuda are predominately about enjoying the perfect coastline - from snorkelling or diving, to body surfing, to horse riding, to kayaking, to windsurfing - any watersport you pick is improved by this backdrop. Some of the best backdrops are remote Rendezvous Bay, Half Moon Bay and Deep Bay.
Nelson's Dockyard is a historic highlight, as well as the island's main sailing port. If you find you're fascinated by the island's history, you might also be interested in visiting Shirley Heights, an 18th Century fort perched on a hill (definitely go here on a Sunday - they host a legendary BBQ with steel band and plenty of rum punch!)
Antigua is especially bustle-y on market days.
It's not just historic figures and honeymooners who've been drawn to Antigua's perfect beaches, this is also where Oprah and Giorgio Armani have their winter holiday homes, and many of the best places to stay in Antigua and Barbuda have hosted the odd A-lister or two!
For all out luxury
- Jumby Bay is a sublimely beautiful island resort in the colonial style. As well as perfect colonial tropical chic interiors, this resort has its own particularly stunning beach plus tennis courts, a gym and spa and the food is excellent.
- Hermitage Bay just outside St. Johns is a lush, beachside resort - think direct beach access, day beds and outdoor rain showers. The excellent food - both European and Caribbean style - complimentary facilities (including snorkelling kit and Caribbean cooking lessons), make this a very easy place to have a good time!
- Galley Bay is a relaxed, adults only, all-inclusive resort right on a private beach. As well as the beach and a pool, there's also a lagoon, private plunge pools and a excellent spa. Romantic, quiet and idyllic.
- Blue Waters has a great spot, right on the beach on Antigua's northern tip. It's got generous sized rooms, many with direct beach access or sea-facing balconies, and there's great watersports facilities.
- If you want an easy resort choice, close to English Harbour try Carlisle Bay. This is a larger resort with direct beach access, a huge spa, tennis courts and a yoga space. There's a huge range of choice when it comes to dining and there are clubs for both younger children and teenagers.
- The Dickenson Bay Cottages are a collection of 14 pleasant, self catering villas just outside St. Johns. Expect fun tropical decor, fragrant gardens and a laid-back atmosphere.
- The Anchorage Inn is north of St. Johns, just a couple of minutes from one of Antigua's nicest beaches. Expect large, colourful, fun and friendly, with a reasonable price tag.
- The Verandah Hotel is a family friendly all-inclusive right on the beach, with a tropical vibe and several fantastic Caribbean restaurants. There's also great watersports facilities.
- Secluded Curtain Bluff is an all-inclusive beach resort with both Caribbean and Atlantic facing beaches and contemporary decor. The complimentary facilities are excellent, including the option to go out on a deep sea fishing excursions.
- Nonsuch Bay on Antigua's eastern coast is a small modern beachfront hotel with a private beach offering all sorts of watersports - including sailing lessons, keel boating snorkelling and raft building.
- The Inn at English Harbour is another excellent beachfront hotel this time with a colonial feel and an Italian restaurant. And you're a stones thrown from Nelson's Dockyard and Shirley Heights.
For those on a budget
- Anchorage Inn is a relaxed family run property, just minutes from some of the island's top beaches. Definitely one of the best places to stay in Antigua and Barbuda for those wanting a taste of the islands without the usual price tag. Rooms here start from as little as £75 per night.
- Admiral's Inn is also perfect if you're looking for a cheaper options. Rooms here start at just £89 per night and it's in Nelson's Dockyard!
- The Hawksbill Hotel is a large hotel, but it is spread along four private beaches, so still feels quite private. As well as great facilities and large, comfortable rooms, this resort has an excellent seafood BBQ restaurant and a buzzy bar area.
Still not sure? Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Antigua and Barbuda, or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice. Alternatively check out our recommendations throughout the Caribbean.
Best Hotels in Antigua and Barbuda
Dickenson Bay Cottages 14 rooms from $93St Johns, Antigua and Barbuda
Pleasant self-catering villas near the St Johns. The rooms are spacious and filled with tropical prints, bamboo furniture and living areas. Outdoor pool, fragrant gardens and spa treatments available. Family friendly and laid back.Families - Villas with small kitchens are ideal family size, plenty of activities for allSailing - Boat available to explore other neighbouring islands, including our sister island of Barbuda, Montserrat, Bird IslandLocal markets - St John's market is nearbySights nearby - Just outside St John'sRecommended by - Fodors
Anchorage Inn 40 rooms from $115St Johns, Antigua and Barbuda
Relaxed family-run hotel just two minutes drive from some of Antigua's best beaches. Large rooms have colourful fabrics and balconies. Outdoor pool and spa treatments available. Breakfast is served in the sunny gardens. Casual, friendly, pretty and perfect for those on a budget.Families - Family-run hotel, and family friendly ambience with low key restaurants, and close to island's best beachesLocal markets - St John's is five minutes drive awaySwimming Pool - Outdoor poolSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Hawksbill Hotel 111 rooms from $216Antigua and Barbuda
Charming hotel with four secluded private beaches. Large rooms have vaulted ceilings, hand painted tiles and big balconies. Outdoor pool, spa, tennis courts and gardens. Excellent seafood bbq cuisine, buzzy bar area. A great all inclusive choice for couples.Romantic Break - Four secluded beaches to choose from, snorkelling and sailing trips, quiet villas and large balconiesOn the beach - Four beaches including Antigua's only "clothing optional" beachSailing - Complimentary sailing excursionsViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Fodors
Keyonna Beach Resort 20 rooms from $354Antigua
Set on Turners Beach close to the amazing blue waters of Valley Church Bay. Rustic beach cabins are a perfect couples hideaway. With no children permitted - the entire property lends itself to just that! There is a spa, all inclusive dining, outdoor pool (some cottages have their own). Charming.Romantic Break - Designed for getting away from it all - namely the kids!Honeymoons - Couples only resort popular amongst honeymoonersRestrictions on children - Children are not permitted at this hotelSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Nonsuch Bay 42 rooms from $399Antigua and Barbuda
Contemporary beachfront hotel. Bedrooms have large French windows, wooden floors and ipod docks. All come with fully equipped kitchens and spacious living areas. Outdoor pool, private beach and spa. Great fresh international cuisine. Plethora of watersports available. Ideal for families.Families - Daytime kids club and creche is included for hotel guests. Babysitting can be arranged.Active Holiday - Specialises in sailing activities with dinghy and keelboats plus races and coursesSights nearby - Harmony Hall restaurant and art gallery (open seasonally) and Half Moon Bay beach.Sailing - Hotel has extensive fleet of sail boats and offers lessons from beginners to proRecommended by - Fodors
Sugar Ridge 60 rooms from $340Antigua and Barbuda
Stunning hillside hotel. The spacious rooms feature four-posters, private terraces and large bathrooms. Outdoor pool and some rooms with private plunge pools. Spa, gym and tropical gardens. Excellent local cuisine in the two restaurants. Secluded, intimate and lush.Hideaway - Super private ambience, with private terraces with day beds and plunge pools surrounded by tropical flowersRomantic Break - Four poster beds, breathtaking views, couples spa treatments and trips to local rum makersSights nearby - Nelson Dockyard and Shirley HeightsSailing - Set sail from Jolly Harbour marinaRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Blue Waters 67 rooms from $403Antigua and Barbuda
Splendid beachfront hotel. Enormous rooms feature Italian tiles, big beds and most with direct beach access or sea-facing balconies. Outdoor pool, tennis courts, spa and private beach area. Fresh, healthy cuisine in the choice of restaurants. A perfect stay for families.Families - Suites have plenty of space for the whole family, and cottages with kitchens are perfect for preparing pre-beach picnicsGreat walks - 1.5km route through the groundsSailing - Can be booked nearby.SpaRecommended by - Fodors
The Inn at English Harbour 28 rooms from $494St Johns, Antigua and Barbuda
Excellent beachfront hotel. Charming rooms feature mahogany four poster beds, ipod docks and colonial style furniture. Tennis courts, heated outdoor pool, spa and gym. Superb Italian dishes at the restaurant, chic bar area. Elegant, exclusive and spacious.Romantic Break - Private terrace to take in the view of boats into the harbour, old fashioned style service and romantic ambienceSights nearby - A stone's throw from Nelson's Dockyard and Shirley HeightsRestrictions on children - Children over ten welcomeViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Frommers, Fodors, Mr & Mrs Smith, Small Luxury Hotels, Kiwi Collection
Verandah Hotel 200 rooms from $590Antigua and Barbuda
Family friendly all inclusive hotel on the beach. Rooms have vaulted ceilings, bamboo furniture and big balconies. Outdoor pools, spa, tennis courts and vast gardens. Fantastic Caribbean cuisine in the choice of restaurants. Ideal for families and watersport adventurers.Active Holiday - Plethora of watersports available, as well as interesting boat trips with local marine expertsFamilies - Superb kids club, children's pool, tennis and family size suites with mini kitchensGreat walks - Hiking trails in the 30 acre groundsSights nearby - Devil’s BridgeRecommended by - Fodors
Carlisle Bay 82 rooms from $635St Mary's, Antigua and Barbuda
Sublime beach resort close to English harbour. Rooms and suites feature silk furnishings, contemporary colours, hammocks and large bathrooms. Outdoor pool, direct beach access, spa, yoga space and tennis courts. Superb fresh cuisine in choice of restaurants; chilled bar areas. Effortless indulgence.Families - Clubs for both younger children and teenagers, cinema room, fishing trips and bicycle tours of the islandHoneymoons - Immersive spa, private boat charters, fine dining and indulgent interiors - what more could you wantDiving - A top spot for diving with manta rays and sea turtles - you can even get ceritifiedFishing - Deep sea fishing for marlin, king fish, wahoo and barracudaRecommended by - Fodors, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Curtain Bluff 72 rooms from $790Antigua and Barbuda
Secluded, luxury all inclusive beach resort with Caribbean and Atlantic facing beaches. Contemporary rooms feature funky furniture, private terraces and big marble bathrooms. Outstanding facilities for tennis and watersports. Fantastic Italian and Caribbean cuisine. Peaceful, stunning and chic.Hideaway - Relatively secluded location, access to quiet white beaches and waterfront spaFishing - Deep sea fishing excursions (included in the room rate)Sailing - Cruises aboard the Sentio, a 50-foot sailing ketchCooking classes - Caribbean-cooking and wine-appreciation classesRecommended by - Fodors
Hermitage Bay 25 rooms from $976St Johns, Antigua and Barbuda
Splendid all inclusive beachside resort in lush gardens. Large rooms feature darkwood floors, shuttered windows, outdoor rain showers and day beds. Outdoor pool, private beach area, spa and gym. Excellent Caribbean and European cuisine, laid-back bars. Ideal for foodies or a classic beach holiday.Foodies - Caribbean cookery lessons and farm tour to see where the fresh produce is sourced on the islandTotal relaxation - Infinity pool, 16 acres of lush gardens, white beaches and sailing tripsCooking classes - Outdoor cookery lessons with Caribbean chef included in the priceSights nearby - Visit English Harbour and Nelson's DockyardRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Galley Bay 98 rooms from $940Antigua and Barbuda
Relaxed adults-only, all inclusive hotel on the beach. The rooms have antiques, colourful artworks and wooden verandas. Outdoor pool, lagoon, private beach area, spa, tennis court and gym. Choice of sublime cuisine. Romantic, quiet and idyllic.Romantic Break - Enjoy the lagoon, private plunge pools, excellent spa and sounds of the surf from your elegant roomGreat walks - Three-quarter mile long beachfrontRestrictions on children - No children pleaseSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Fodors
Jumby Bay from $1050St Johns, Antigua and Barbuda
Sensational island resort. Rooms & villas are contemporary yet full of character with colourful prints, muslin draped four-posters and dark wood furniture. Outdoor pools, direct beach access, gym, tennis courts & spa. Superb fresh Antiguan cuisine; chic bar. Gorgeous, luxurious and family friendly.Families - Wide variety of activities for children, as well kid's club for snorkelling, learning about turtles and children's spaTotal relaxation - An island resort, meaning miles of beaches for your enjoyment, watersports, excellent spa and tennisAll inclusiveSights nearby - Monserrat volcano tourRecommended by - Fodors