- ✓ Check Prices and book online
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Exumas
Best Hotels in Exumas
Eco hotel in wooden cottages on the beach. Interiors are charming with antiques, Queen-size beds, kitchens and large balconies. Outdoor pool, outdoor living room and library. Laid back restaurant serving locally sourced produce. A perfect hideaway on this undeveloped island location.Hideaway - Alfresco living room where you can enjoy the library or a game of checkers, laid back restaurant and bird-filled gardensKayaking - With nearby StarfishSurfing - Exuma KitesurfingSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Club Peace & Plenty 32 rooms from $155Great Exuma Island, Bahamas
Charming beach front hotel. Elegant rooms feature Caribbean furniture, four poster beds, large balconies and some with sitting rooms. Outdoor pool, gardens, library and massages available. Good Bahamian cuisine and lively bar with live music. Superb location to explore the islands from.Local exploring - Wide range of excursions from this prime location, such as Stocking Island, as well as all watersportsFishing - At the Bonefishing School, you can learn how to use a fly rod from a flat bottomed boatSights nearby - On Stocking Island, you can hike to the salt stoneDiving - Cave diving in Exuma
Staniel Cay Yacht Club 14 rooms from $185Bahamas
Pretty colourful cottages on the beach. Interiors are barefoot-boutique with rainfall showers, wooden floors, large verandahs and modern bathrooms. Outdoor pool, gardens and marina access. Tasty Bahamian cuisine and relaxed beach bar. Superb spot to explore the islands from, and family friendly.Local exploring - Staniel Cay has its own marina, and extensive boat tours and fishing trips, as well as local wildlifeKayaking - All guests with a lodging package receive complimentary access to a Stand-Up Paddle BoardFishing - Fishing trips as well as half-day or day-long excursions and conch expeditionsSights nearby - Visit nearby islands Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park
Turquoise Cay 8 rooms from $410Little Exuma, Bahamas
Gorgeous 5* beachfront hotel. Creamy rooms feature rattan furniture, large balconies, chic nautical furnishings and big bathrooms. Outdoor infinity pool, gardens, private beach. Outstanding menu from Peru, France and Asia; romantic bar. Boutique and luxurious.Romantic Break - Gorgeous creamy decor, ocean front infinity pool, sunset cocktail terrace and spa treatmentsGreat walks - Dozens of nearby trails to coves and cavesSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.On the beach - In front of the hotel.
There are around 365 islands, or cays, in the Exuma collection, spanning around 200kms of beautiful, bright turquoise, reef-adjacent Caribbean waters. The majority of them are uninhabited or privately owned - some of these are the best places to stay in the Exumas - and of the populated, only Great Exuma has many locals.
So a visit to the Exumas is all about pottering around island hopping, or taking advantage of the vastly varied coastlines off which to dive, snorkel, fish or try out any number of other watersports.
The lack of people on the Exuma Cays equals a lack of footprints, and this is one of the best places to come in the Bahamas if you want to have a beach all to yourself.
Great Exuma and Little Exuma are known for their laid-back atmospheres and gorgeous natural surroundings, and the cays themselves are known for being either perfectly pristine, or else dotted with ultra luxurious private island resorts.
The best places to stay in the Exumas are ideal for both those looking for a Robinson Crusoe type experience or for those who like their hotels very much up to date. Our selection covers all bases from an eco hotel with wooden beach side cottages to 5 star modern luxury.
For the perfect beach escape
- Turquoise Cay on Little Exuma is a tiny five star hotel - and, you guessed, it, it's right on the beach. As well as cool, creamily decorated rooms, there's a beautiful ocean-facing infinity pool, a sunset cocktail terrace and a small spa.
- Higgins Landing on Stocking Island is a wonderfully private eco-hotel, where the accommodation is in pretty wooden cottages right on the beach. It looks rustic and undeveloped on the outside, but within you'll find nice antiques, huge beds and modern kitchens.
For great value
- The Staniel Cay Yacht Club is a collection of pretty, colourful beach cottages with a barefoot-boutique feel and easy marina access. There are just 14 rooms and all guests have complimentary access to a stand-up paddle board.
- Club Peace & Plenty, on Great Exuma Island, is a beachfront hotel with plenty of Caribbean charm and a good Bahamian restaurant. The accommodation is comfortable, and they're in a great spot to offer an excellent range of excursions on the Exuma Cays.