- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Book Now
Search the best hotels in Gros Islet
Best Hotels in Gros Islet
Ginger Lily 11 rooms from $88Rodney Bay Village, St Lucia
Colourful B&B in Rodney Bay. The large rooms have tropical print furnishings, big bathrooms and hammocks on the balconies. Outdoor pool and gardens, short stroll to beach. Relaxed bar area. Ideal for families and great value for money.Families - Spacious suites have full kitchens and living room areas and can accommodate all the familySights nearby - St. Joseph the Worker ParishGreat walks - To nearby Rodney Bay MarinaSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - Fodors
Coco Palm 103 rooms from $165Rodney Bay Village, St Lucia
Elegant hotel in French colonial style building. The rooms are spacious and filled with mahogany furniture, sleigh beds and with claw-foot baths. Outdoor pool, gardens, spa and gym. Some rooms are swim up from the pool. Great Caribbean menu and lively bar. Charming, pretty and good value.Active Holiday - The hotel has an excellent menu of tours and activities which are thoughtful and interestingFamilies - Elegant family suites with adjoining bedrooms, and plenty of tours and activities for allBirdwatching - Hike with our experienced Nature Interpreters and watch for endemics like the St. Lucia Parrot and OrioleSights nearby - Guided tour of picturesque fishing villages of Anse La Raye and CanariesRecommended by - Fodors
Windjammer 330 rooms from $200Gros Islet, St Lucia
Elegant family friendly beachside resort. Rooms and villas feature contemporary furniture, four poster beds and private terraces. Outdoor pool, gym, tennis courts, spa and direct beach access. Superb Mediterranean menu, laid back beach bar. Luxurious, spacious and outstanding location.Honeymoons - Couples massages, candle lit dinners on the beach, champagne breakfast in your roomFamilies - Chic, spacious and functional family suites, excellent kids club, spa for adultsPrivate Hot Tub - Some suites have private jacuzzisKids Club - Fully staffed.Recommended by - Fodors, CN Traveller
Cotton Bay Village 75 rooms from $214St Lucia
Clusters of villas on secluded beach front. Colonial style rooms feature dark wood shutters, French antiques and private pools. Shared outdoor pool, spa, gym and private beach. Superb fusion cuisine, slick bar. Family friendly and great value.Families - Bigger suites can hold everyone, excellent kids club, child friendly activities and menus, spa for adultsSights nearby - Rodney BayKids Club - Fully staffed.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Fodors
Bay Gardens Beach Resort 36 rooms from $222Gros Islet, St Lucia
Colourful resort in Rodney Bay. Rooms and suites are spacious with four poster beds, modern bathrooms and ocean breeze-sized windows; the suites have proper kitchens. Big outdoor pool, spa and games room. Asian-Caribbean fusion cuisine and lively beach bar. Excellent value and location.Beach Life - Choose a beachfront room and you'll be just metres from the sand; take coastal walks or take the chance to learn a watersportFamilies - Villas have proper kitchens, plenty of bedrooms, and the hotel has both adult and child friendly activitiesSights nearby - St. Joseph the Worker Parish and Rodney Bay MarinaSailing - Hobie cat sailing coursesRecommended by - Fodors
Cap Maison 49 rooms from $435St Lucia
Sensational hotel above Smuggler's Cove. Rooms & villas are spacious, with shuttered windows, dark wood furniture and large verandahs. Villas have kitchens, living rooms & flexible layouts that are perfect for families or groups. Outdoor pool, gym, spa and gardens. Luxurious, intimate and serene.Groups - One-bedroomed suites can join; ideal for up to 3 couples. Sitting room with a dining area, a full kitchen and 2 verandasHoneymoons - Splash out on a Villa Suite, some with a pool, a Jacuzzi or a roof terrace - total privacy and seclusionBirdwatching - Little blue herons, hummingbirds, magnificent frigate birds, broadwinged hawks, mocking birds and even ospreys on the estateSpa - Wide range of pampering treatments (including couples massages) offered in a variety of locations.Recommended by - I Escape, CN Traveller
East Winds Inn 30 rooms from $551Gros Islet, St Lucia
Elegant all inclusive beachfront hotel in 14 acres of lush gardens with 30 large airy rooms in cottages scattered throughout. Outdoor pool, direct beach access, outdoor fitness track & complimentary yoga classes. Fantastic fresh local cuisine, jolly bar area. Ideal for a laid back, low key holiday.Wellbeing - From yoga & pilates to fitness and diet, all aspects of guests' wellbeing are taken care of.Hideaway - Secluded location and quiet atmosphere, extensive bird-filled grounds and shore nearbyGarden - Stunning 14 acre gardens with over 100 tropical species to discover.Diving - Dive shop, Caribbean Divers, is just 200 yards down the shoreRecommended by - Kiwi Collection, Fodors
Calabash Cove 26 rooms from $554Gros Islet, St Lucia
Gorgeous beach front hotel. Contemporary rooms feature dark wood furniture, exposed beams and terraces with hammocks; larger suites have outdoor showers. Outdoor infinity pool, lush gardens, spa and private beach. Excellent Asian cuisine; swim-up pool bar. Chic, slick and friendly.Honeymoons - The ideal honeymooners spot with sunset facing private terraces, spa treatments and much more!Private Hot Tub - Book a swim up junior suite or watersedge cottage for your own jacuzziSwimming Pool - Outdoor infinity pool. Watersedge Cottages have private plunge poolsViews - Great views south to Castries and north to MartiniqueRecommended by - Fodors
The BodyHoliday at Le Sport 152 rooms from $1086Gros Islet, St Lucia
Splendid adults-only, all inclusive, wellbeing hotel on the beach. Rooms feature four poster beds, marble floors and elegant bathrooms. Outdoor pool, spa, gym, tennis courts and watersports. Fantastic pan-Asian cuisine, music evenings in the buzzy bar. Rejuvenating, relaxing and carefree.Active Holiday - Wellbeing hotel focuses on fitness and relaxation - spa treatment, personal trainer and sports lesson included in the rateSpa - Daily spa treatment included in the rateSights nearby - Pigeon Island National ParkRestrictions on children - Adults onlyRecommended by - Fodors
About Gros Islet
The town of Gros Islet is on the northern tip of St Lucia, above Castries and on beautiful Rodney Bay. Only recently promoted beyond a fishing village, Gros Islet has one main stretch of sand - the excellent Reduit Beach. This is also where you'll find the larger resorts, some of which number amongst our list of the best places to stay in Gros Islet.
While some local beaches are well developed and have welcoming facilities and nice restaurants and bars, the beaches on the opposite coast, around the headland to the east, are exposed to the Atlantic wind, so less protected, but also relatively untouched. Making this a great destination for people who want a beach holiday, but want to spread it across a variety of different beaches. These windier beaches are also well loved by kite surfers.
The marinas around here are popular with sailors, and the Pigeon Island National Park, just north of Gros Islet, makes for a great day trip for novice sailors.
If you're planning to visit during the busy winter months, get organised as the best places to stay in Gros Islet get booked up well in advance. Alternatively come in the quieter shoulder seasons, when the beaches are far less crowded and the weather just as good.
The Best Places to Stay in Gros Islet for a Special Occasion
- If you want private chef prepared suppers, a private beach, a swim up bar and outdoor showers, try Calabash Cove, a gorgeous, 26 room beachfront hotel. If you want even more privacy book a junior suite or a Watersedge cottage and you'll have your own jacuzzi too.
- The East Winds Inn is an elegant, all-inclusive, beachfront hotel, with 30 large, airy rooms and cottages set in 14 acres of lush garden. As well as direct beach access, this property has an outdoor fitness track and offers complimentary yoga classes. Laid-back and low-key.
- The BodyHoliday at Le Sport is a 'wellbeing' hotel right on the beach. The idea of this resort is that it focusses on fitness and relaxation, so there are spa treatments and personal trainers and everything else you can imagine. In a truly idyllic location.
The Best Places to Stay in Gros Islet for Families
- The Bay Gardens Beach Resort in Rodney Bay is a colourful resort just metres from the sand. Suites have full sized kitchens and numerous bedrooms, and there's plenty to do here for both kids and adults, from the spa and games rooms to the huge pool and extensive watersports facilities.
- Cap Maison is a spacious beachfront hotel with big shuttered windows and large verandahs. While villas have full sized kitchens, you've also the option of joining several suites together - and some of the suites have private pools, jacuzzis or roof terraces.
- The Cotton Bay Village is around the headland from Gros Inlet, in a secluded, beachfront position on Plantation Beach. This cluster of colonial style villas are decorated with French antiques, and many have private pools, but it's also very family friendly, with a choice of cuisines and kid's clubs.
The Best Places to Stay in Gros Islet for Great Value
- Windjammer offers great value for your family, with contemporary rooms, suites and villas and direct beach access. This resort is large enough (330 rooms) to have a choice of kid's clubs, and plenty of facilities to keep you entertained. There's also a sumptuous spa for the adults and a relaxed beach bar.
- Coco Palm is an elegant French colonial hotel with 100 spacious rooms with charming details and lovely gardens, a spa and gym and a great Caribbean menu.
- Ginger Lily is a colourful B&B in Rodney Bay Village, with fantastic tropical print furnishings and hammocks on the balconies. You're a short stroll from the beach and there's a relaxed bar. There are just 11 rooms, some of which have full kitchens and living areas. Prices start at £72 per night.