- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Saba
Saba isn't a coral atoll, like many of its neighbours and it doesn't have beaches to speak of, but it does have some fantastic diving, and the best places to stay on Saba tend to be either charming little red and white cottages, or friendly diving centres.
Tiny Saba is a surprisingly mountainous member of the Leeward Island group, known sometimes as the 'Unspoiled Queen', due to its protected eco system. Its peaks and cliffs are volcanic, and coated in a wonderfully lush tropical green, and its pretty, red roofed houses, make it feel like a fairytale island.
Saba is technically part of the Netherlands, but most of its population speaks English, and there's something very English about the white clapboard houses with their neat trim. There's also a certain eccentricity to Saba - seen in their collection of small museums, their colourfully painted church and in the local handicrafts.
While this isn't a coral atoll, there are plenty of reefs to explore just under the water level, and plenty of aqua-explorers to meet, including sharks, giant turtles and all kinds of brightly coloured fish.
Saba's unspoiled interior makes it a bit of a Garden of Eden for hikers. The highest peak, aptly named, Mt. Scenery, has 1064 stairs right to the top, which will wear you out but it's worth it.
- The Cottage Club is a bijou island hideaway of self catering bungalows with fabulous sea views for very reasonable rates. You're in amongst tropical green, perched on a hillside, but there's a pool and great access to watersports and other island fun.
- Juiana's is another of the best places to stay on Saba for families, with rooms, cottages and an apartment for four situated in the centre of town. All have verandahs with hammocks for soaking up the view and some have kitchenettes.
- Queen's Gardens Resort is a stunning five star property on Mount Troy. Here you can expect chic interiors, majestic tropical surroundings and gourmet food. Plus with only 12 suites it's the perfect Caribbean hideaway.
For great value
- Selera Dunia only has two rooms, but these have been beautifully designed and feature many interesting objets d'art, four poster beds and balconies with hammocks. It's a complete steal with prices starting from only £74 per night.
Still not sure which to book? Browse through our list of all the best places to stay on Saba, or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice. Alternatively, expand your search by checking out all our Caribbean recommendations.
Best Hotels in Saba
Selera Dunia 2 rooms from $120Saba
An intimate little spot with just two boutique suites. Stylish and elegant with objects from around the world, four poster beds, large balconies and hammocks. Total peace, quiet and tranquility in the hills above Windwardside. Lots of nature and coastal routes to explore. Romantic, good value.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakSecluded setting - Perched up in the hills in a very tranquil setting.Birdwatching - Mount Scenery is full of nature and birdlife.Recommended by - Fodors
The Cottage Club 10 rooms from $130Saba
A cute island hide-away with self-catering bungalows, fabulous sea views, and excellent rates. Set on a hill amidst tropical greenery simple all white suites with four poster beds, balconies, and kitchenettes. Pool, concierge, access to watersports and wildlife. Good value and family friendly.Views - Excellent views out to sea and over the surf.Diving - Saba has world class scuba diving.Value chicSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool with wonderful sea views.Recommended by - Fodors
Juliana’s 9 rooms from $135Saba
A collection of rooms, cottages, and an apartment (sleeps 4) in the town centre. All accommodations have wifi and hammocks with sweeping views over tropical flora and out to sea, some have kitchenettes. Tropic's Cafe and terrace has a privileged location. Excellent value, family friendly.Views - Great views from hotelValue chicBack to Nature - Saba offers many nature trails across the island.Birdwatching - Lots of birds on Mount Scenery.Recommended by - Fodors
Queen’s Gardens Resort 12 rooms from $212Saba
An utterly dreamy Five Star hotel perched on Mount Troy surrounded by tropical paradise. Suites and one six-person villa all in chic creams and whites with private balconies, some a private pool, and stunning views. Beauty therapies, massages, excellent international cuisine. Truly luxurious.Families - The private villa at the top of the hill sleeps 6 and has its own private pool and facilities.Views - Great views from hotel5* Luxury - Very high service standards.HoneymoonsRecommended by - Fodors