- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in St-Barts
Best Hotels in St-Barts
Hotel Le Village St Barth 25 rooms from $167St-Jean, St-Barts
Charming hillside hotel. Rooms and villas are colourful with hammock-terraces, dark wood floors and bathrooms with a view. Outdoor pool, gardens, gym and spa. Villa cottages are perfect for families; a quiet spot and good value.Families - The villas have full kitchens, living areas and outdoor terraces with space for all the familySailing - Sailing and yachting options are also available at Colombier and CorossolPrivate Hot Tub - Book La Case, a charming Caribbean cottage, for your own private hot tubDiving - To Coco Island and Pain de Sucre - some of the popular dive locationsRecommended by - Fodors
Emeraude Plage 28 rooms from $329Baie Saint Jean, St-Barts
Stylish beachfront property. Decor is low-key with white washed walls, contemporary furniture, large bathrooms and private sundecks. Outdoor pool, direct beach access and Bougainvillea and Hibiscus filled gardens. Fresh, excellent local cuisine and beachfront bar. Modern, tranquil and spacious.Groups - Spacious and chic suites are ideal for groups, with fully equipped kitchensSurfing - Hookipa Surf ShopGreat walks - Along the beachSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Fodors
Tom Beach 12 rooms from $334Baie de St Jean, St-Barts
Boutique hotel on the beach. Modern rooms have four poster beds, granite bathrooms and high ceilings. Outdoor pool, terrace, art gallery and direct beach access. Excellent contemporary menu in the popular restaurant. Lively and laid-back, ideal for younger couples.Beach Life - Set on St-Jean beach, with watersports galore and a buzzy atmosphere in the hotelFishing - Deep sea fishing trips can be organisedSights nearby - Wall House and Gustavia HarborSurfing - Hookipa Surf ShopRecommended by - Fodors
Villa Lodge Quatre Epices 4 rooms from $365Gustavia, St-Barts
Colourful villas on a hillside above Grand Cul de Sac beach. The villas are themed on Caribbean spices, and decor is modern with polished concrete, kitsch furnishings and full kitchens. Outdoor pool and sun terrace. Chic, cool and great value.Groups - Chic villas have full kitchens, large terraces and a very relaxed moodViews - Overlooks the Grand Cul de Sac lagoonGreat walks - Along Grand Cul de Sac BeachDiving - Ouanalao Dive
Le Sereno from $595Grand Cul De Sac, St-Barts
Stunning hotel on the beach at Grand Cul de Sac. Designer rooms have white-washed walls, polished wood furnishings and contemporary furniture. Outdoor pool, gardens, spa and direct beach access. Excellent restaurant and cool bar. Slick, exclusive and secluded.Active Holiday - The beach is ideal for watersports and kitesurfing, and lessons for all can be arrangedIn/by a Nature Reserve - Located in a marine reserve which is a sanctuary for turtlesDesigner - The property has been designed by Christian LiaigreSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool overlooking the beachRecommended by - Fodors, Kiwi Collection, Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Isle de France 39 rooms from $616St-Barts
Sublime hotel on the beach. Elegant rooms are styled in white and blues with modern artworks and opulent bathrooms. Outdoor pool, gardens, tennis courts, gym and spa. Sophisticated French menus, chic bar. Nestled amongst banana plants and bougainvillea and white sands, ideal for honeymoons.Honeymoons - Superb spa, secluded garden or beach rooms, stunning white sand beach and low-key atmosphereGreat walks - Along pristine Saline BeachSailing - Can be booked nearby.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors
Le Toiny from $621Gustavia, St-Barts
Colonial style villas overlooking the ocean. Contemporary rooms have dark wood floors, four poster beds, patio hammock and private pool. Gardens, gym and spa. Sublime French cuisine and romantic bar. Secluded, chic and boutique.Hideaway - Secluded location, private beach, quiet al fresco dining and peaceful atmosphere throughoutSurfing - At your disposal: a long board of 9"0', a 7"3', as well an SUP Paddle BoardFishing - Hotel organizes half and full day fishing tripSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Fodors
Guanahani 31 rooms from $621Grand Cul de Sac, St-Barts
Colourful beachfront hotel. The elegant rooms have creamy mosaic bathrooms, contemporary furniture and colonial style architecture. Enormous outdoor pool, beach access, spa and gym. Excellent seafood cuisine and breezy bar. Luxurious whilst remaining friendly and relaxed.Families - Excellent kids club options for both younger and older children, superb spa for adults and watersports for all familyRomantic Break - The suites have private pool, large terrace and private garden for ultimate Caribbean seclusionSailing - Boat Cruise aboard the Donzi 35 ftKids Club - Fully staffed.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors
Eden Rock 32 rooms from $1514Eden Rock, St-Barts
Five-star resort overlooking coral reefs. Contemporary rooms and villas have mahogany furniture, opulent bathrooms and silk extras. Some with jacuzzi terraces or private pools. Outdoor pools, gardens, gym, spa. Superb continental menu, bar with a view. Luxurious and very chic.Families - The villas have full kitchens and enormous living rooms, child-friendly menus and wonderful spread of watersports for all agesRomantic Break - Luxurious in-room spa treatments, opulent bathrooms, superb dining and romantic viewsFishing - Deep sea fishing trip to the famous “Marlin Boulevard”Great walks - Hike along St Jean beach which is right beside the hotelRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Fodors
Technically 'St-Barthélemy', St-Barts is probably the Caribbean's most sophisticated island. Both the beauty and the atmosphere draw the rich, famous and beautiful, so the best places to stay on St-Barts range from opulent to majestic. But out of season there are some excellent value deals to be discovered.
A beautiful volcanic outcrop in the Leeward Island group, St-Barts is less French West Indies than metropolitan France. Though of course in a daydream setting of turquoise waters, white sand, windswept granite cliffs and sprouts of bright green.
Around 200,000 people visit this tiny island each year - sold on the beauty of the place. But St-Barts actually has a fascinating history. Discovered by Columbus it was settled by the French, then briefly sold to Sweden, before being bought back by the French. This little pocket of Swedishness is quite apparent in the architecture, and certainly adds to the unique flavour of St-Barts.
Gustavia is St-Barts' pretty capital. Its smart beach bars and restaurants attract an affluent crowd and it's full of mega-yachts at Christmas and New Year - making it great for people watching. And for shopping. Gustavia is also where you'll find the majority of the excellent small hotels.
You don't have to be wealthy to enjoy St-Barts, though, the beaches are all public and easily accessible.
The Hotel Guru's selection of the best places to stay in St-Barts are mainly located around the bay of St Jean and on the Eastern side of the island. Whilst none is exactly cheap, they reflect the going rate on this smart island.
For a Special Occasion
- Le Toiny is a selection of colonial style villas over looking the ocean in a secluded spot on the island's eastern coast. The decor is contemporary, with plenty of terraces and outdoor dining to take advantage of the spectacular views.
- Le Sereno is a stunning beach hotel overlooking spectacular Grand Cul de Sac. The design is simplicity at its best by Christian Liaigre; white washed walls and dark wood in a happy marriage of Caribbean and cool. Direct beach access and an excellent seafood restaurant. Very sleek, and secluded.
- Emeraude Plage, overlooking the Baie de St-Jean, is a stylishly low-key property, set in bougainvillaea and hibiscus filled gardens. Great restaurant, great beach bar and direct access to the beach. Unfussy, but perfect.
For a tropical island break
- Tom Beach is a 12 room, boutique hotel right on the beach at the Baie de St-Jean. The decor is modern and they make as much of the perfect views as they can. Buzzy and fun, there's plenty of watersports to try and lots to do at all times of the day and night.
- Isle de France is an elegant white and blue hotel right on the white, sandy beach, nestled in amongst banana trees and bougainvillea. Very French and very stylish.
- Villa Lodge Quatre Epices offers just four chic villas, overlooking beautiful Grand Cul de Sac Lagoon. The decor is modern, with plenty of brushed steel and concrete. Self-catering and plenty of do in the area.
- Guanahani is the perfect family beach resort destination. It's built above a spit, so there are back-to-back beaches, with calm turquoise water on one side and slightly rougher seas on the other. And plenty of palm trees. Elegant but colourful there's also an enormous pool and there are kid's clubs for both younger and older children.
- The Hotel Le Village St Barth in St-Jean is a charming hillside hotel overlooking a beautiful bay. There's a choice of rooms and villas, the villas have full kitchen facilities, living areas and terraces perfect for hammocks. The gardens are beautiful and there's a large pool. And plenty of peace. The 25 rooms start from £126 per night making this easily one of the best places to stay in St-Barts if you're looking for great value.
- At the other end of the price scale is Eden Rock a five star resort overlooking coral reefs. Villas have full kitchens and enormous living spaces - and some have jacuzzi terraces or private pools. There are a number of family-friendly restaurant choices and every opulent spa service you can imagine.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay on St-Barts,
- expand your search to the best places to stay in the Caribbean,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.