- ✓ Best selection
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in St. Croix
Best Hotels in St. Croix
Hibiscus Beach Resort from $99Christiansted, US Virgin Islands
A colourful and lively beach front resort on a magnificently white beach. Attractive rooms and suites painted in yellow with private balconies and all the mod cons. A lively bar and restaurant on the beach. Many watersports, pool, and hiking close by. Excellent value, ideal for beach life.Beach LifeValue chicLively - Regular live Reggae, Calypso bands, and Old School Jam sessions.On the beach - Situated on Pelican Cove Beach
Carringtons Inn 4 rooms from $110Christiansted, US Virgin Islands
A really charming little Inn with B&B rooms and a two-bedroom condo (rental on a weekly basis). Pastel coloured cosy rooms with attractive furnishings and private balconies. Lovely pool and courtyard area. Lots to explore from the beach to the casino to small surrounding islands.Views - Its hilltop location ensures stunning views over the surrounding area and out to sea.Sights nearby - Holy Cross Catholic Church, Fort Christiansvaern, and St. Croix Government House.Restrictions on children - Adults only.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.
Sandcastle on the Beach 21 rooms from $149Frederiksted,, US Virgin Islands
A charming collection of rooms with private balconies just a short walk from the beach. Each room has all the mod cons, plus there are two swimming pools, hammocks swinging between palm trees, international cuisine and sea views. An ideal spot for pure beach life, and good value too.Beach LifeSights nearby - St Paul's Episcopal Anglican Church, St. Patrick's Catholic Church, and Frederiksted Pier.On the beach - The hotel provides beach umbrellas, towels, and deck chairs.Swimming Pool - Two pools.
Tamarind Reef Resort 39 rooms from $200Christiansted, US Virgin Islands
A charming hotel on a private beach with fantastic facilities. Huge pool, gym, beauty salon, gardens, two excellent restaurants, beach cabanas and a tennis court. Rooms and suites in attractive pastel colours with private balconies and all the mod cons. An all round hotel.Beach Life - Beach cabanas and a short walk onto the beach.Views - Stunning beach views.Sailing - Marina with 154 slips for sailing and motor yachts + charters trips to Buck Island, sunset cruises, fishing and divingSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool overlooking the Caribbean Sea with views to Green Cay island and Buck Island.
The Buccaneer 138 rooms from $285St Croix, US Virgin Islands
An all round Four Star property with its own golf course, ocean views, yoga centre, top of the range spa, restaurants, and immediate access to the beach. Chic rooms, suites, and cottages are elegant with sophisticated furnishings. Ideal for beach enthusiasts, golf lovers, families, and spa goers.Views - Stunning ocean views from suites and terraces.Golf - The hotel has its own golf course.Active Holiday - Golfing and watersports galore.Spa breaks - Top of the range spa.
About St. Croix
By far the largest of the US Virgin Islands, St. Croix has a lush, varied interior, which has earned it the nickname of the 'Garden of the Antilles'. St. Croix is also the least developed island, with just two, pretty towns, Christiansted and Fredriksted, one at either end of the island. The best places to stay on St. Croix are generally the smaller resorts, or else one of the two town's smattering of charming, independent hotels.
The island is well known by divers, it's a garden below the water level, as well as above, and many of the smaller resorts have excellent diving facilities. Though this is also a great spot just to have a mess around with a snorkel if you've never done that before.
St. Croix was once a big sugar cane producer, and the legacy of this period can be seen in its 18th Century forts - and in its rum production, which is ongoing.
Most of the larger beaches now come complete with a hotel, so amongst the best places to stay in St Croix you'll find plenty of small, quite private resorts. Though there are also still plenty of remote, smaller beaches along this island's beautiful coastline.
Most people arrive by ferry, which brings you the forty miles south of the capital of the US Virgin Islands, St. Thomas.
For a beach break
- Colourful and lively, the Hibiscus Beach Resort in Christiansted benefits both from the peace of the magnificent white beach it sits just behind, and the lively bars and restaurants close by. It's also great value, with rooms starting from just £61 per night.
- The Tamarind Reef Resort near Christiansted is a charming hotel with its own private beach, landscaped gardens and two excellent restaurants.
- The The Buccaneer is a larger, four star hotel/resort right on the beach, offering a choice of rooms, suites and cottages, with elegant decor. The top of the range spa and golf course mean it's a great place to be whatever the season.
To hide away
- Carringtons Inn is an intimate B&B with just four attractively furnished, pastel coloured rooms, and a lovely pool and courtyard. You're in a quiet spot on a hilltop, with excellent views, but you're still just a short stroll to the beach, or the casino.
- Sandcastle on the Beach in Fredriksted, has 21 rooms - with private balconies and some lovely sea views, just a short stroll from the beach. Even though there are only a small number of rooms, this mini-resort still has two pools, and plenty of palm trees and hammocks. The food is supposed to be good as well.