- ✓ Best selection
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Hvar
Best Hotels in Hvar
Riva Yacht Harbour Hotel 56 rooms from $100Hvar
A buzzing hotel on Hvar's promenade. Contemporary chic rooms and suites have all the mod cons, white furnishings, and splashes of modern photography. Excellent seafood restaurant, cooking lessons, and a lively bar in the evenings. A hot spot for young couples.City Style - A thriving spot with excellent food and lively after-dark DJs.Lively - A lively spot next to Carpe Diem.Outstanding location - Located on Hvar's pier.Cooking classes - Check for timings.
Hidden House 4 rooms from $86Stari Grad, Hvar
A chic bed and breakfast in the heart of Hvar, offering great views of the town from its rooftop terrace. Individually designed rooms feature exposed stone walls, oriental rugs and contemporary art. A generous home-made breakfast is served everyday.Romantic Break - A romantic destination and a cute and intimate B&B to unwind after a days' walk through the historical town.Local exploring - Located close to the Old Town with lots to explore like the churches, museums and art galleries.Groups - Rent the entire place for ten persons with a self-catering kitchen.Sights nearby - Stroll through the car-free cobbled alleys and visit the 16th century Tvrdalj (aka Hektorovic House).
Adriana Hvar Spa Hotel 59 rooms from $170Hvar
A fabulous spa hotel in a prime spot in Hvar overlooking the bay. Contemporary chic rooms and suites with all the mod cons and balconies. Top of the range spa, excellent Mediterranean cuisine and roof terrace restaurant, and close to all the attractions. Gourmet, pampering, romantic.Wellbeing - The hotel is designed for total pampering.Outstanding location - Fantastically located on the bay front.Spa breaks - Top of the range spa.Views - Great views from hotel
Hotel Podstine 42 rooms from $156Hvar
A charming hotel two bays away from Hvar Old Town. Located on the water's edge, a perfect sunbathing and diving spot. Beachy rooms and suites in vibrant colours with private balconies. Fabulous seafood restaurant, pool, and spa treatments. A super choice for a beach holiday.Views - On the sea face the hotel has unrivalled oceanic views.Beach LifeSpa - Featuring gym, Finnish sauna, hot tub and wide range of treatments and massages.Sights nearby - Boat visits to Vis or Brac islands.
Villa Meneghello from $382Hvar
A dreamy villa, or two apartments, overlooking the sea front. Charming boutique rooms have white washed walls and splashes of colour. Kitchen and dining terrace, chef on request, pool, table tennis, bikes, cinema, and beaches on its doorstep. Ideal for a family or groups of friends.Families - The ideal spot for families: shallow beaches, table tennis, bikes, cinema, chef on request.GroupsViews - Great views from hotelLocal markets - Croatian designers stocked in boutiques in Hvar town.
The island of Hvar is considered to be the jewel of the Dalmatian Coast with its splendid neo classical harbour. It is rich in history, architecture and landscape and enjoys a climate of warm winters and dry summers. Consequently it has long been a popular destination for tourists and sailing folk alike. The best places to stay in Hvar are perfect for enjoying the magnificent sights or following in the footsteps of the illustrious Greeks, Illyrians, Venetians and Napoleonic soldiers who trod these elegantly cobbled streets before.
Hvar is home to lavender fields, olive groves and vineyards. The island is 68km from end to end and up to 10km in width; it is home to just over 10,000 inhabitants. Around the coast are dotted numerous picturesque beaches and bays.
Hvar is easily accessible by boat taxi from Split airport.
Hvar Town is an ideal base for exploring by boat, which is simple and inexpensive to do. Visit the nearby Pakleni islands – breathe in the essence of the Mediterranean. The Illyrians believed that these, largely uninhabited, islands possessed the power to restore the soul!
There is a wealth of architecture, history and culture on your doorstep – the Cathedral of St. Stephan, the Franciscan Monastery, the Hecktorovic Palace, the Fortress etc.... the list goes on.
Alternatively, one can take a tour of the backstreets which are full of interesting galleries and wacky clothes shops. The town is also host to some excellent restaurants and is alive with nightlife with cocktail bars and clubs aplenty.
The island gets incredibly busy during the peak summer months, so if you want to ensure your room in one of the best places to stay in Hvar, you'll need to book well in advance. Alternatively plan your visit for Spring or Autumn when there are less crowds, the sun is still warm and the prices tumble!
- The 59 room Adriana Hvar Spa Hotel is strikingly stylish, with its glass façade and roof top bar. Situated in a prime position on the yacht harbour, it is a boutique spa hotel with echoes of South Beach Miami.
For your private beach
- The 40 room Podstine Hotel is located in a beautiful bay surrounded by palms, cypress and hundred year old pines. It has a spa with outdoor pool, Finnish sauna and facilities for treatments, massages etc. There is an excellent seafood restaurant specializing in local wines – private tastings are available on request.
For the young and trendy
- The Riva Yacht Harbour Hotel is on Hvar's promenade and boasts beautiful views of the harbour. It is a hip hotel and is very popular with young couples. Full of Hollywood glamour, it is a place to see and be seen.
- If you’d prefer a villa holiday, consider the Villa Meneghello on Hvar. It has just two apartments overlooking the ocean, with white washed walls splashed with colour. There’s a dining terrace, and you can arrange a chef by request, plus there’s a pool, bikes, table tennis and the beach is basically on your doorstep.
Off the beaten track
- For total seclusion, stunning views and excellent value for money book Palmizana. Just 10 mins by boat from Hvar, here you'll find an arty retreat with two restaurants serving fabulous Mediterranean cuisine.
Still not sure?