- ✓ Best selection
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Copenhagen
Best Hotels in Copenhagen
Urban House 217 rooms from $32Copenhagen (Vesterbro)
A lively hostel in the trendy Vesterbro district of Copenhagen. There's a sociable bar, cool work space and even a tattoo parlour. Rooms vary from "shoebox" for singles to dorms. All are simple in style with minimal furnishings and stripped wooden floors. Ideal for groups or those on a budget.Value chic - Stylish budget accommodation in a great locationSights nearby - Visit the stunning Opera House
Wakeup 510 rooms from $89Copenhagen
An ideally located central spot for the budget traveller. Head to toe contemporary spaces have white washed walls, dark chrome floors, splashes of green, and lots of natural light. Rooms, suites, and family suites cater to couples, families and groups.Value chicViews - The rooms on the higher floors have spectacular city viewsSights nearby - Tivoli Gardens, Town Hall Square.Lively - Hip and happening.
Hotel Alexandra 61 rooms from $134Copenhagen
A funky boutique hotel which pays homage to Danish design throughout. Eclectic rooms and suites are sophisticated yet fun. Trendy bar and library, excellent restaurant, and walking distance to all the main attractions and shopping areas. City style the Danish way.City StyleSights nearby - Just 200 metres from Tivoli Gardens and Town Hall Square.Lively - Hip and happening.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Ocean Hotel 7 rooms from $153Copenhagen
A charming B&B located in a pretty residential suburb. Bedrooms are homely and spacious. Located in an ideal spot for those with a late flight - just minutes from the airport. A quiet retreat with a metro close by to pop into Central Copenhagen.Families - No need to leave anyone at home - you can even bring the dog along!Local exploring - Nearby metro station means you can get around like a localLocal markets - Bredgade is famed for its antique shopsViews - Views of the Øresund Bridge
Avenue Hotel 68 rooms from $154Copenhagen
19th Century boutique offering a great value stay in Copenhagen. Clean, modern, well-equipped rooms (some sleep four) feature Danish designs & Missoni throws. Hang out in the lounge for live music, fantastic cocktails and small bites. A great choice for city visitors and families.City Style - The classical perfection of the 18th century architecture meets cutting edge interiors by top Danish designers.Designer - Stunnig interiors by top Danish designers.Full of characterLively - Hip and happening.
Guldsmeden Bertrams 47 rooms from $158Copenhagen
A chic eco hotel in the trendy Vesterbro district. Beautiful white on white rooms with four poster beds and drapes, some with balconies over-hanging the lovely garden. Teak clad lounge areas and a delightful open plan kitchen-cafe make welcome spot to relax in.Sights nearby - Tivoli Gardens amusement park is a must for all visitors to the city.Restrictions on children - No children allowed.Lively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Skovshoved Hotel 22 rooms from $162Copenhagen (2920 Charlottenlund)
Elegantly restored coastal hotel, just outside Copenhagen. It oozes romance and elegance, but with a hip twist. Ethereal bedrooms with white washed walls, four poster beds, wooden floors and sea views. Plus, fantastic cuisine at the Michelin recommended French/Italian restaurant.Great walks - Walk to two of Copenhagen's best beaches Bellevue strand and Charlottenlund beachpark.Fishing - We will arrange guided tours in the historic fishing camp Skovshoved.Lively - Hip and happening.Full of characterRecommended by - I Escape
Ibsens hotel 118 rooms from $172Copenhagen
Good value no-frills boutique hotel in vibrant Nansengade neighbourhood, with good transport connections, culture and restaurants. Provides a great base for a simple weekend stay.Spa - Oriental Ni’mat Spa at Ibsens' sister hotel Kong Arthur.Sights nearby - World-famous Little Mermaid statue.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Hotel Kong Arthur 155 rooms from $179Copenhagen
A grand building set on a secluded cobblestoned alley, near the peaceful Copenhagen lakes. The hotel has a cosy sitting room with fireplace and airy conservatory dining area. Bedrooms are uniquely decorated and featuring chic Danish design. A great spot with three fine restaurants.Local exploring - Centrally located for getting about townCity Style - Located in a commanding period buildingGreat walks - Visit the Botanical Gardens nearbySights nearby - Christiansborg Palace
SP34 118 rooms from $195Copenhagen
A wonderful boutique hotel in Copenhagen's funky Latin Quarter. Stylish rooms, suites, and a penthouse in muted natural colours with all the mod cons. Two restaurants, four bars and a roof top terrace. A characterful choice with plenty to do for couples and families.Roof terrace - Lovely roof terrace bar.City StyleSights nearby - The hotel is situated in Copenhagen's Latin Quarter and 500 meters from Tivoli.Great walks - Garden H.C Ørsteds Parken is a green oasis.
CPH Living 12 rooms from $197Copenhagen
A converted barge set in the hip area of Christianshavn and moments from museums, galleries, and nightlife. Its slick minimalist interiors and floor to ceiling windows enhance the dazzling river views. A unique hotel for city explorers.Unusual - A floating hotel - a boat on the river.CityCity StyleRiversideRecommended by - I Escape
Nyhaven 71 150 rooms from $200Copenhagen
Designer hotel in converted warehouse. Rooms feature wooden beam ceilings, contemporary furniture, artworks and leather furniture. Excellent restaurant offering international cuisine. Slick and chic, although standard room size means it is worth upgrading to two-floor suite.City Style - Overlooking the Nyhavn dockyard, and walkable to many of the city's finest sights, this designer hotel is ideal for exploringGreat walks - From Nyhavn, Copenhagen's port pearl, which stretches from Kongens Nytorv Square and all the way along the canalSights nearby - Amalienborg, the queen´s official residenceDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Fodors
Andersen Hotel 73 rooms from $212Copenhagen
A crisp modern hotel in Copenhagen's hippest quarter. Rooms and suites have light wooden floors, splashes of pink, and contemporary furnishings. Spa treatments, meeting rooms, and funky designer spaces. A hip spot for trendy travellers.City StyleDesigner - All rooms have decor by the Designers Guild companySights nearby - Bang in the centre of townLively - Hip and happening.
Guldsmeden Axel 129 rooms from $215Copenhagen
Balinese decoration and an organic restaurant, in the hip Vesterbro district A fabulously stylish spot for couples and spa breaks. Beautiful white rooms and suites with pale woods, Persian rugs, teak four posters, and some with private balconies. Enjoy the luxurious roof top spa.City Style - A slick Balineses-style hotel adorned with Persian rugs and Buddha stone statues, in the vibrant Vesterbro district.Spa breaks - Pure indulgence with a Balinese influence, their organic spa products are made in the kitchen every morning.Sights nearby - Near the Little Mermaid statue on the waterfront and opposite the citadel.SpaRecommended by - Frommers
Scandic Palace Hotel 169 rooms from $215Copenhagen
Set in a historic building near the city hall, Scandic Palace Hotel is ideally placed for a trip to Copenhagen. The rooms are comfortable and light with fashionable furnishings. Downstairs, the restaurant serves Nordic cuisine and the hotel's atmospheric bar is a great place to enjoy a cocktail.Local exploring - Right in the heart of the city centre, it's perfect for exploring the sights and sounds of Copenhagen.Great walks - The nearby Tivoli Gardens are ideal for a relaxed afternoon walk.Sights nearby - Right beside the Hans Christian Andersen Fairy-Tale House.
Hotel Carlton Guldsmeden 71 rooms from $223Copenhagen (Vesterbro)
Located on a buzzing street in Vesterbrogade, the hotel is located in a trendy district of Copenhagen. Four poster beds, lush feather duvets and ornate Persian carpets - bedrooms are comfortable with a luxury feel. Enjoy a good breakfast in bed before exploring this vibrant city.City Style - Located in the hip Vesterbro area its chic rooms make for a stylish stayEco break - Boutique, eco friendly hotel with an entirely organic breakfast to boot!Local exploring - Walking distance from many of Copenhagen's top sightsSights nearby - Tivoli Gardens and Copenhagen Central Station are within a ten minute walk
Absalon Hotel 161 rooms from $212Copenhagen
A stylish hotel on the edge of the trendy meat-packing district. Individually styled rooms feature warm hues, sash windows and contemporary bathrooms. A trendy bar is the ideal place for an evening cocktail. A Scandinavian styled breakfast fills you up for city exploration - right on your doorstep.City Style - A hip hotel with a stylish bar on the edge of the city’s famed Meatpacking District.Local exploring - Perfectly located for exploring Copenhagen on foot or bikeSights nearby - A short walk from Stroeget and City Hall Square.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
First Hotel Skt Petri 268 rooms from $413Copenhagen
A contemporary hotel in a one-time department store. Centrally located in the Latin quarter. Rooms are bright and airy with Jensen beds. The restaurant is fittingly modern and stocks an excellent range of microbrewery beers. A slick choice.City Style - Wonderfully located in downtown Copenhagen, with interior colour schemes by renowned Danish graphic artist Per Arnoldi.Great walks - Superkilen is an urban park designed by some of Denmark's leading architects. A must visit.Romantic - Good for couples.Lively - Hip and happening.
d'Angleterre 90 rooms from $464Copenhagen
Stunning 5* city hotel. Elegant rooms have chandeliers, silk furnishings, enormous marble bathrooms and contemporary touches. Full spa, indoor pool and gym. Sublime cuisine in Michelin-starred restaurant, and opulent champagne bar. Luxurious, plush and exclusive.City Style - Set in a former palace, with views of many of the city's sights from the roof terrace, this is a luxurious choiceGreat walks - From Kongens Nytorv to the harbour front just south of the Royal PlayhouseSights nearby - Amalienborg Castle, Rosenborg Castles and Kronborg CastleSpa
Nimb Hotel 17 rooms from $402Copenhagen
Early 20th-century Moorish-inspired palace becomes a sleek new design hotel. The exteriors carry a fairytale appeal, but the inside is all smart sophistication with antiques, warm wood floors and bold modern pieces. Sumptuous bedrooms and gastronomic feasts in all of the great restaurants.City Style - An ultra chic Arabian fantasy castle, nestled in the lovely Tivoli Gardens, with glass chandeliers and Øland granite stonework.Foodies - From Nimb Brasserie to Fru Nimb and Nimb Terrasse this hotel has a multitude of fantastic dining (and drinking) options.Sights nearby - Edvard Eriksen’s diminutive Little Mermaid statue can be viewed from Langelinie promenade, a twenty minute cycle from the hotel.Great walks - Stroll around the ajoining Tivoli Gardens, these historic gardens date back to 1843.
Copenhagen is a great place for an easy-going break but its hotels have not, until recently attempted to match the charm and freshness of Denmark's capital city. There are few "character" hotels; most of the best places to stay in Copenhagen are contemporary and stylish, though you may find, as we did, that some of them display a bit too much style and not quite enough substance.
Restaurants and attractions
- Two restaurants to try: Amalie, in Amaliegade and Cofoco in Abel Catherinesgade.
- The famous statue of the Little Mermaid who sits at Langelinje Pier welcoming visitors to Copenhagen Harbour is one of Copenhagen's most visited tourist attractions and worth a boat trip.
- After exploring the city a great day trip can be made to the Louisiana Museum for Moderne Kunst, stunningly set by the sea, and on to Helsingor, site of Hamlet's castle.
- Buy the Copenhagen 3 day card, which covers all transport in the city and most museums too.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Copenhagen really does have something for everyone, whether you're looking for a cheap hostel type option, or at the other end of the scale fancy a slice of top notch luxury and service to match. For a selection of apartments in the city, check out our online partner, booking.com.
Just outside the centre
- If you don't mind being away from the centre of the action, some five miles outside Copenhagen you'll find the Skovshoved Hotel, one of the best places to stay in Copenhagen for sea views. Romantic and elegant with a hip twist, it has bedrooms with wooden floors and four poster beds. Come in the summer and make use of the private bathing jetty, or book one of the bikes and get to know the area on two wheels! The restaurant here is also a good reason to visit - head chef Rasmus Kjær serves classic brasserie dishes inspired by traditional dishes from France, Italy and Spain.
- Fifteen minutes from the centre in residential Frederiksberg The Avenue is spacious, modern and great value for money for families with some rooms that sleep four people.
- For those wanting luxury, style and top notch service bang in the centre of town, look no further than the d'Angleterre. It oozes elegance and you'll also find a Michelin starred restaurant, decadent champagne bar, plus spa, indoor pool and gym.
- You may not be expecting to find a Moorish-inspired palace in Denmark's capital city but the Nimb Hotel is one of our pick of the best places to stay in Copenhagen. Right next to the Tivoli amusement park it is definitely Danish in its interior decoration with warm wood floors, modern pieces of furniture and tasteful calm colour schemes. The 13 suites are kitted out with every comfort and the bedlinen is super-luxurious.
For a contemporary feel
- CPH Living is a hip hotel on a converted barge moored on the river in the lively dynamic area of Christianshavn. Floor to ceiling windows and minimalist interiors make for a unique experience. Handy for the nearby alternative village of Christiania, a social experiment in self rule independent of the Danish Government set up in the seventies. Go with a broad minded friend.
- The First Hotel Skt Petri is a huge contemporary design hotel in a former department store building. The hotel bar, Bar Rouge is noisy and busy at weekends but the beds are hugely comfortable to fall into after a big night out. Breakfast is a Scandanavian buffet.
For a stylish city break
- There are two Guldsmeden hotels in our list; the Axel and Bertrams. With its Balinese decoration and rooftop spa The Guldsmeden Axel is a good choice for couples or for a bit of pampering. Guldsmeden Bertrams just outside the centre is decorated in similar style and has a delightful open plan kitchen cafe. Many bedrooms have balconies overlooking the gardens.
- Nyhaven 71 enjoys the perfect location for exploring the city. It's a smart warehouse conversion right beside the water and all of Copenhagen's best bits are easily accessible.
For great value
Copenhagen does not spring to mind as a particularly good destination for the budget traveller, but we've a couple of picks which are the best places to stay if you're counting the krone.
- Urban House is a simple but smart hostel/hotel hybrid in one of the hippest parts of town. You can either book a bunk in a dorm, a double room or a family suite, and bunks start from as little as £20 per night.
- Wakeup also ticks the right boxes if you're on a budget - great value in a central location.
- For a little extra you should book the Alexandra Hotel. It's a fiunky design hotel that won't break the bank.
The city has become a bit of a hipster mecca in recent years and there's plenty of options amongst our pick of the best places to stay in Copenhagen to satisfy even the coolest of cats!
- SP34 offer a buzzing trendy base, where you'll find stylish rooms and suites plus a couple of restaurants and cool bar. And don't forget the Wine hour every evening when you can mingle with the other guests with a glass or two of some free vino!
- The Andersen is a contemporary hotel awash with designer fabrics in the hippest part of town. Rent one of their bikes and explore on two wheels.
- Ibsens Hotel is located in the Nansengade district and both rooms and public spaces are adorned by artworks from both local and international artists.
For an apartment
- Changed your mind and decided that an apartment would suit you better? Then take a look at the wide selection with our online booking partner, booking.com.