- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Annecy
Annecy is beautifully positioned on the shores of Lake Annecy, sublimely fringed by alpine hills and mountains. Some people say it’s the most beautiful part of France, with a strong local identity, peaceful, rural views and a stunning old town, run though by charming little canals, and packed with architectural treasures dating from the days when Annecy was the seat of the Dukes of Savoy and capital of this spectacular region. You’ll find many of the best places to stay in Annecy in the old town, in converted palaces and graceful mansions, but if your idea of the best places to stay in Annecy involves beautiful lake views then you’re in for a treat with our Guru’s recommendations. There are some real hum-dingers when it comes to peaceful panoramic lakeside perfection.
The Château d’Annecy, built between the 13th and 16th centuries, is definitely one of the places to see, overlooking the city and the lake, as is the 12th century Palais d’Isle, which sits on a little triangular island, and which was a palace and then a prison. There are also a number of lovely churches.
Annecy is a wonderful place to be outdoors, and the many outdoor cafes and small parks are busy with people just enjoying this view. This is a wonderful region for anyone who enjoys a stroll, be it a sedate amble along the river, or a ramble in the hills worthy of a mountain goat.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Annecy has something for everyone, whether it's gourmet cuisine, lakeside views or a luxury bolthole that you desire.
- If you’re looking for a romantic escape in the mountains the Abbaye de Talloires is a beautiful choice. Converted from a stunning monastery, set right on Lake Annecy, the Abbey de Talloires has 33 spacious rooms, some with free standing baths and lake views. There’s also a gourmet restaurant.
- Yoann Conte is also on Lake Annecy, an eight room restaurant with rooms with two Michelin stars. The interiors are stunning with a luxurious alpine feel and you’re beautifully secluded from the outside world.
The Best Places to Stay in Annecy to Relax
- The Clos des Sens is just back from the lake, offering even more spectacular views of it, as well as views of the mountains surrounding this ten room hotel. The decor is contemporary with some pleasing geometry and fancy fireplaces. There’s also a heated outdoor lap pool and a gourmet restaurant.
For lakeside glamour
- For a touch of glamour by Lake Annecy try the Hotel Clos Marcel, a chic, 14 room hotel with contemporary rooms, designer furniture and mountain views. The restaurant is modern and there’s a private beach and spa.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Annecy for you?
Best Hotels in Annecy
Hotel Clos Marcel 14 rooms from $161Annecy
Chic hotel on the edge of Lake Annecy. The contemporary rooms feature dark wood floors, designer furniture and mountain views. Private beach, spa and hot tub. Superb modern cuisine served on the terrace. Stunning views, intimate setting and great value.Hideaway - Views of the Alps and Lake Annecy, private beach and spa, with quiet gardens and terraceGreat walks - In Bauges regional ParkViews - Over Lake AnnecySeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Yoann Conte 8 rooms from $203Annecy
Two Michelin stars, a private pontoon, gorgeous gardens and personal balconies from which to observe all these delights. Stunning interiors with a luxury alpine feel. The ideal property for a relaxing, and secluded getaway on the shores of Lake Annecy, with plenty to do in summer or winter.Foodies - The restaurant has two Michelin StarsRuralViews - Great views from hotelSpa
Abbaye de Talloires 33 rooms from $176Annecy
A stunning converted monastery set amidst epic surrounds. Gorgeous airy rooms with high ceilings, sash windows and wonderful views. The bathrooms are equally spacious and some boast free standing baths. All this plus a gourmet restaurant and numerous bars. An utterly spoiling country retreat.Country Escape - With Lake Annecy infront and the Alps looming behind this is an impressive rural location.Sights nearby - The fairy tale like Menthon-Saint-Bernard Castle makes a great day trip.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
Clos des Sens 10 rooms from $215Annecy
Ideally located for access to both mountains & lake, which can be seen from balconies around the hotel. In contrast to the nature around, the decor is resolutely contemporary - open plan with a lot of attention paid to geometry and fancy fireplaces. Gourmet restaurant and heated outdoor lap pool.Great walks - Great walking in the surrounding countrysideSights nearby - In the centre of Annecy-le-VieuxCooking classes - Check for timings.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor