- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Beaune
If you're interested in wine you'll fit in very well in Beaune. Unofficial capital of the Cote d'Or, Beaune is surrounded by golden hills of vine rows. This is what they make, they talk about, sell and of course taste. It is undoubtedly one of France's top destinations for wine tastings, and many of the best places to stay in Beaune will arrange all that for you.
The main event in Beaune's calendar is 'Les Trois Glorieuses', a three day wine fair held every November. This is when the wine is transferred from barrels to bottles, and wine buyers and merchants from around the world arrive to sample the previous year's vintage. Often making a judgement on a wine they won't even take delivery of for several years.
Beaune also has a wine museum. Housed in a building which was once the meeting place for the Dukes of Burgundy.
Aside from wine, Beaune is most famous for its Hotel-Dieu. Built in the 15th Century, this was one of Europe's earliest hospitals. But the Hotel-Dieu isn't just famous for its original purpose, it's got a glorious roof - tiled in a wonderful mosaic pattern. It remained in use as a hospital until the 70s and is now a museum of itself.
The rest of historic Beaune fans out from the hospital complex to the ramparts. On your stroll outwards you'll pass the 12th Century clock tower, medieval half-timbered houses and the Church of Notre-Dame - which has some impressive tapestries.
If you're driving north Beaune is an excellent place to stop off for a box of Burgundy. And you may as well sample local dishes Boeuf Bourguignon or snails in garlic, while you're at it.
In the Centre of Town
- L'Hotel de Beaune is a delightful, seven room hotel in a traditional, 19th century house. The rooms are large and surprisingly contemporary, and there’s a sunny courtyard, a great classically French restaurant and a cafe bistro.
- Chez les Fatien is an intimate, four room boutique hotel decorated with minimalist luxury. There’s a charming breakfast courtyard, a fantastically stocked wine cellar and an air of sophistication.
For a country house atmosphere
- The Hotel Villa Louise is one of the best places to stay in Beaune if you're looking for a relaxed country house hotel feel. There's no restaurant, but they do breakfast, and have an extensive wine cellar (of course - this is Beaune!), which they run wine tastings from. And you can enjoy all of this on the lovely terraces overlooking the small but charming gardens. With rooms starting from less than £75 per night, this is also a top choice in Beaune if you're watching your wallet.
For wonderful views
- If you're looking for spectacular views, Le Terre d'Or is the property to book. This charming B&B has views over the vineyards and the ramparts of Beaune. There are just seven rooms, split between a large house and a smaller cottage. And all are decorated in pale woods and creams making them feel bright and airy.
- The Hostellerie le Cedre is a smart, 40 room hotel in the centre of Beaune, with airy rooms and suites and a charming garden terrace. Of course there’s a good cellar too, and a Michelin-starred restaurant.
For lovers of white rather than red!
- If you're a fan of white over red, you may also want to consider Les Charmes in Mersault as your Burgundy base. This beautiful 18th Century mansion has charming grounds - more like a small park than a garden. This is definitely one of the best places to stay in Beaune and surrounds if you're looking for a secluded, romantic setting.
Best B&Bs in Beaune
- Les Jardin de Lois is a splendid little B&B in the heart of Beaune with just four boutique-style rooms. Expect antiques, oriental rugs, large bathrooms and garden views. There’s an excellent wine cellar, charming breakfast rooms and a lovely garden filled with magnolias.
Still not decided?
Best Hotels in Beaune
Hotel le Clos 24 rooms from $103Montagny-lès-Beaune, Burgundy
A beautiful sandstone farmhouse B&B set in vineyards. Lovely rooms are rustic chic with brick walls, antique furniture, and floral fabrics. Stunning gardens and a courtyard to enjoy in the sunshine. Plenty to do in the region. A charming spot with plenty of rural charm.Country Escape - Although located close to the town of Beaune, plenty of open space to enjoy, vineyards, cycling and hikesSights nearby - In Beaune, Hôtel-Dieu showcasing gothic façades and glazed roofsGreat walks - Through the Les Etangs d’Or parkFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
Hotel Villa Louise 12 rooms from $97Aloxe-Corton, Burgundy
An attractive country house with a cottage feel to it. Charming bedrooms and suites with wooden beamed ceilings and garden views, a small spa, and an extensive wine cellar. A perfect stop off for local exploring.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Les Charmes 13 rooms from $135Meursault, Burgundy
An 18th century maison bourgeoise, set on wonderful grounds boasting a shady walled garden, ancient trees and a great swimming pool. Simple and elegant rooms, with crisp linens and plenty of natural light. A place of calm and relaxation in an old-fashioned and genuine atmosphere.Country Escape - A peacuful haven, set on beautiful parklands, filled with ancient trees and surrounded by the rolling vineyards.Sights nearby - Historic sights of Beaune, La Rochepot and Puligny Montrachet are all in close proximity.Great walks - Wander through the expansive parklands and into the picturesque vineyards.House party feel - Be prepared to meet people.
Les Jardins de Lois 4 rooms from $177Beaune
A splendid little B&B in Beaune. Boutique rooms modelled on vintage wines feature lilacs and creams, antiques, oriental rugs, large bathrooms, some with garden views. Wine cellar, charming breakfast room and lovely gardens filled with magnolias. A romantic choice for wine lovers.Foodies - Capital of the Burgundy region, with numerous vineyards to visit. Wine expert hotel owners; tours and tasting in the cellars.Cooking classes - Le Charlemagne schoolSights nearby - Hospices de BeauneGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Sawdays
La Terre d'Or 9 rooms from $211BEAUNE, Burgundy
A charming B&B and two self-catering cottages in a glorious setting. Views over the vineyards and the ramparts of Beaune. Lovely bright rooms with pale woods and creams. Lots of surrounding activities. Perfect for couples, groups and families.Foodies - This whole area is foodie heaven, add the truffle workshop at La Terre d’Or and the experience is complete.Country Escape - Surrounded by beautiful secluded countryside, not to mention the extensive gardens on the property.Groups - Self catering cottages and 'everything taken care of tours' make this a perfect spot for groups.Cooking classes - Food lovers have many courses to choose from. The inhouse Truffle cooking workshop at La Terre d’Or is recommended.Recommended by - Sawdays
Lameloise 16 rooms from $211Chagny, Burgundy
Superb food at this iconic restaurant with attractive rooms. A family run affair with a rich gastronomic heritage. The dining room at the heart of the house serves fantastic and unpretentious cuisine. A hotspot for foodies and local explorers.Foodies - Chef Éric Pras and Frédéric Lamy have won this iconic restaurant a Michelin star for its innovative delicate cuisine.Local exploring - Surrounded by wine country and historical towns, this is an ideal base for soaking up the Burgundy countryside.Sights nearby - Explore the historic town of Chagny, with churches from the 11th, 12th and 17th centuries plus pretty streets and shops.Great walks - Work up your appetite for dinner with walks through the magical forests, canals, vinyards and hills.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Frommers
Hostellerie le Cedre 40 rooms from $217Beaune
Set in a picturesque garden in the centre of Beaune, this smart hotel offers guests large airy rooms and suites and a charming garden terrace. A cellar tasting room full of character is perfect for sampling the local vintages. A luxury base for exploring Burgundy's finest!Wine tasting - Located in the Burgundy region amongst the best vineyards of the regionFoodies - Michelin starred gourmet restaurantSights nearby - Located in the centre of town, just 5 mins from the Hospices de BeauneGreat walks - Enjoy the walking discovery tour “de la Chouette"