- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Bourges
Best Hotels in Bourges
Villa C 10 rooms from $96Bourges
A boutique townhouse hotel in a charming town. Contemporary classic rooms in subtle colours with sophisticated furnishings, large marble bathrooms, and beautiful romantic terraces for breakfast and sunbathing. A luxurious spot, perfect for a couple.Local exploring - Located just ten minutes from all the sights of this historic town, and with a short drive can see vineyards of the regionFamilies - Take the little train around old town, cycle the outside countryside, pretty gardens and delicious foodSights nearby - Bourges Cathedral, Palais de Jacques-CoeurGreat walks - Within the lovely Pres-Fichaux Gardens
Bourges, situated in the Loire Valley on the river Yevre, lies in the very centre of France. Two hours travel from Paris by train, this most historic town has much of interest to the visitor. The best places to stay in Bourges are the centrally placed properties which allow easy access to the city's highlights.
Bourges was originally the Roman city of Avaricum built on a grand scale with a monumental gate, aqueducts, thermae (baths), and amphitheatre. The huge city walls enclosed 40 hectares. It was simply vast! Check out the Gallo-Roman ramparts (they date back to the 4th century) which are still in excellent condition.
The cathedral of Saint Etienne, which was constructed between 1195 and 1270, is now one of France’s UNESCO world heritage sites. It's a magnificent ‘masterpiece of gothic art’ and bears many design similarities to Notre Dame in Paris.
Bourges has a long tradition of art and history and in the fifteenth century it was a major capital for Alchemy. There are endless points of interest for the sightseer;
- the fifteenth century Palace of Jacques Coeur,
- many grand houses and more than 400 half timbered houses with their ornate carvings,
- the renaissance style Hotel lallemant - now home to the Museum of Decorative Arts,
- the sixteenth century Hotel Dieu - until recently a hospital,
- the seventeenth century Archbishop’s Palace,
- the Berry and Esteve Museums…
Alternatively you might simply prefer to take in the ambience of the various parks and gardens, the three weekly markets or explore the surrounding area. - the Bourges marshlands are a short walk from the city centre and definitely worth a visit.
The city is a busy year round destination, so if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Bourges, don't leave it till the last minute to book.
The best place to stay in Bourges
For Townhouse Charm
- Villa C is a chic ten bedroom boutique hotel in the centre of town. The feel is contemporary classic with sophisticated decor and furnishings. This is an ideal romantic getaway for couples who can enjoy relaxing in a luxurious spot. And you're just 10 minutes stroll from the city's best bits.