- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Book Now
Search the best hotels in Colmar
Best Hotels in Colmar
Hotel Villa Rosa 8 rooms from $68Colmar
This friendly little country hotel in Alsace, is in the heart of the green landscapes of the Parc Naturel Régional des Ballons des Vosges. The hotel's 8 rooms are simple and comfortable. The owners prepare regional cuisine with ingredients sourced from the garden. Relaxed and great value.Skiing - Cross-country ski hire from the resort in Lac BlancTrekking - Parc Naturel Régional des Ballons des Vosges.Tennis - Tennis Court in Trois EpisGreat walks - Fantastic local walks
La Maison des Tetes 21 rooms from $142Colmar
A fabulous Five Star hotel in an Alsatian town. Elegant rooms have exposed beams, sloped roofs, some with views across the courtyard. A gastronomic experience in the restaurant and a lovely shady terrace on which to enjoy a drink. A great choice for families or couples.Romantic Break - Colmar hosts "Little Venice" for boat rides, gourmet meals in the hotel and listen to some jazz at the festivalFamilies - Larger suites can accommodate extra little ones, toy museum, tasty treats from the food marketsGreat walks - Along the Crest Road which links up Cernay and Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines progressing over 77 kilometresLocal markets - Market hall hosts daily food markets
Le Chambard 32 rooms from $157Colmar
This hotel provides the utmost in comfort and mod-cons for its guests. The bedrooms are comfortable and chic and the indoor pool and spa offers the chance to unwind. Located in the charming village of Kaysersburg this is the perfect spot for local exploring, be it hiking, cycling or wine tasting.Fishing - The hotel can help you organise a day of catch-and-release fly fishing with a guideBicycles available - Le Chambard can lend guests hybrid bicycles free of chargeSpa - A range of treatments and massages on offer.Great walks - Wine-country footpaths will take you right to the heart of the vineyards to meet the producers working there.
Hotel Quatorze 13 rooms from $185Colmar
A chic hotel in town centre. Large rooms feature ipod docks, original artworks and designer furniture, all with beautiful bathrooms. A sunny terrace to enjoy drinks or breakfast. Minutes from Colmar's "Little Venice". Cool, laid back and sophisticated.City Style - Chic bedrooms, lovely restaurants, wander through the old town and take in the tastes and sights at the food marketSights nearby - St. Matthew Church of Colmar, Maison des TetesLocal markets - Market halls hosts daily food marketsGreat walks - Gazon du Faing route
Le Grand Chalet et Spa 4 rooms from $465Colmar (Alsace)
Adult only luxury retreat in the heart of wine country. Beautiful suites offer top notch accommodation with stunning views. Chef will individually prepare breakfast and evening meals to be enjoyed in your room or suite. A romantic haven for total relaxation with spa and hot tub.Wine tasting - Located in the heart of Alsace wine country and ideally located for sampling the best vintages.Views - Stunning views over the Alsace plain, Bernese Alps and Black Forest.Restrictions on children - No childrenSpa
Colmar is the capital of the green and lovely Alsace region, but the surrounding countryside is only half of the charm. This city looks like something out of a fairytale, with houses with timber beams in pretty colours and cobblestone lanes leading to bridges over canals. There are castles and châteaux - there’s plenty of German influence so close to the Rhine - excellent museums and some of Europe’s most magnificent churches. For those seeking the city’s historic charms, the best places to stay in Colmar will be around the large medieval old town, but if you’re here to see more of Alsace, then the best places to stay in Colmar might actually be a little way out of town amongst the green fields and vineyards.
If you’re here to see the old town, as many day trippers will be, the main attractions are
- the Maison des Tetes, which is decorated with heads and faces;
- the Maison Pfister, the oldest house in Colmar;
- the Unterlinden Museum; the Bartholdi Museum and House - Bartholdi being the sculptor of the Statue of Liberty,
- and La Petite Venice, which is run through with small, charming canals.
There are also plenty of lovely little shops and restaurants.
Colmar is a great place for foodies - the style is Gallic with a German influence and there are numerous local specialities and plenty of places to sample them.
The city is directly on the Alsacian Vineyard Route, and there are plenty of vineyards around to explore. Some of the other towns and hamlets on the route have plenty of charm too, so it’s worth exploring even if you’re not a huge fan of white wine.
Our guru's pick of the best places to stay in Colmar range from a simple country escape to five star luxury in the centre of town
Best Places to Stay in Colmar to see the Sights
- La Maison des Tetes is a magical five star hotel with lovely heritage details like exposed beams and sloping roofs. As well as looking romantic they also have a gastronomic restaurant and lovely courtyards and terraces.
- The Hotel Quatorze is a chic, modern hotel just minutes from the centre of town. Think original artworks and designer furniture etc..
Best Places to Stay in Colmar to Escape
- Outside Colmar, the eight room Hotel Villa Rosa is in the heart of the Parc Naturel Régional des Ballons des Vosges, and is a friendly little country house hotel where the owners do a lot of the hospitality themselves.
- Le Chambard is also outside Colmar, in the smaller village of Kayserberg, and offers a smaller town version of Colmar’s charms. There are 32 rooms in this comfortable hotel, and an indoor pool and spa, and you’re well positioned to explore the local countryside as well as the pretty towns and cities.
- For a spot of adults only luxury, book a room at Le Grand Chalet et spa. It's situated in the heart of wine country and offers super smart accommodation and pampering spa.