- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Haute-Savoie
Best Hotels in Haute-Savoie
Le Gai Soleil 21 rooms from $110Megève
A simple chalet hotel with an excellent restaurant and extensive wine list. Basic rooms with private balconies can sleep up to four people. Spa and outdoor swimming pool for the summer months. Great value for families, groups, and avid sportsmen.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolsSkiingSpaGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Les Roches 25 rooms from $132Megève
A pretty chalet opposite Mont Blanc. Rooms feature Alpine wooden panelling and big modern bathrooms. Outdoor pool, spa, hot tub and sauna available for apres-ski. Fantastic regional cuisine. Family friendly, welcoming, and with unbeatable views.Active Holiday - Strap on your skis from this gorgeous hotel, or set out for a hike. Spa, hot tub and massage available afterSkiing - Close to Megeve Ski ResortGreat walks - Many trails nearby, as well as Massif des Bauges National ParkLocal markets - Sallanches hosts a market every Saturday (3km away)
Le Totem 96 rooms from $282Flaine
A stylish, modern hotel on the ski slopes of Flaine. The rooms are sleek and comfortable, boasting phenomenal views out over the surrounding valley. Come in from the slopes and enjoy an apres ski in the bar or relax in the heavenly Pure Altitude Spa.Active Holiday - The perfect place for skiing, walking, climbing and paragliding, with sauna and hot tub for unwinding in the evening.Great walks - Walk up to the village Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval and discover its beautiful limestone amphitheatre.Sights nearby - Take the Montenvers Train and discover the largest glacier in France, Mer de Glace.Remote - Off the beaten track.
Le Cottage Bise 35 rooms from $146Talloires-Montmin, Haute-Savoie
A stunning hotel set on the waters of the picturesque Lake Annecy. Relax at this lakeside oasis with comfortable, contemporary rooms and a deluxe outdoor pool area. In the day, de-stress in the extensive spa and in the evening, enjoy a cocktail on the veranda with beautiful lake views.Total relaxation - The ideal spot to unwind in style, with spa treatments, swimming pool, fantastic cuisine and walks along the lake.Great walks - Enjoy the fantastic walking along the lakeshore and through the valleys.Sights nearby - Visit the beautiful Annecy, known as the 'Venice of the Alps'.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Sawdays
Chateau de Coudree 19 rooms from $183Sciez, Haute-Savoie
A 12th century castle in a spectacular location facing Lake Geneva. Rooms are opulent with wood panelling, delicate wall coverings and antique furniture. The award winning restaurant serves organic food and homemade pastries, and drinks are available at Bar Rennaisance. Evokes timeless elegance.Total relaxation - A charming country retreat, with a large pool facing Lake Geneva and an extensive spa with hot tub and massage treatments.Weddings - The private beach area stretching down to the lake is an enchanting place to holding a wedding.Local exploring - Perfectly located for exploring the region, close to Evian and Geneva.Sights nearby - Explore the romantic town of Nyon with interesting sights from the Roman times.
Les Fermes de Pierre et Anna 8 rooms from $155Haute-Savoie
A charming traditional hotel dating from the 18th century, in the Bouchet Valley. Rooms are simple and comfortable with cosy pine furnishings and walling. The stunning surrounding mountains provide opportunities for skiing, trekking and golfing. A peaceful alpine retreat.Active Holiday - The perfect active getaway with direct access to a golf course, cross-country trails, mountaineering and cycling tracks.Country Escape - A beautiful mountain retreat in the Bouchet valley, boasting spectacular views and access to stunning nature walks.Great walks - Great walking opportunities in the Massif des Aravis area.
All our Haute-Savoie collections:
- The best places to stay in Chamonix
- The best places to stay in Morzine
- The best places to stay in La Clusaz
- The best places to stay in Annecy
- Best places to stay in Evian
- Best places to stay in St Gervais Les Bains
- Best places to stay in Avoriaz
- Best places to stay in Les Carroz
- Best places to stay in Flaine
- Best places to stay in Samoens
- The best places to stay in Megève
Haute-Savoie is a pretty alpine slither of France, in between Switzerland, which is across Lake Geneva to the north, Mont Blanc and Italy to the east and Savoie to the south. Annecy is the regional capital, and definitely one of the best places to stay in the Haute-Savoie region if you’re searching for a peaceful, lakeside retreat. However the ski resorts of Chamonix, Morzine and La Clusaz are possibly better known.
Evian, home of bottled water, is also in the Haute-Savoie region. As is the pretty traditional French alpine town of Samoëns. This department is also known for its traditional, rural villages, very different from the cosmopolitan France you find when you visit Paris. These vary even within the area, from high alpine hamlets to the pretty resorts on the shores of Lac Leman (or Lake Geneva).
The Dukes of Savoy traditionally owned this land, and had their seat on Lake Annecy, so there are some extremely beautiful chateaux around the lake - note the turrets poking out from the lush green landscape as you arrive. Annecy also has a beautiful old town.
There’s a strong local culture, with people identifying themselves as Savoyard, rather than just French. As well as offering a rich cultural experience, this also means the cuisine has some definite local treasures. The Fondue Savoyard is one, that bubbling pot of delicious cheese and white wine, plus Raclette comes from the Haute-Savoie, and the almost as cheesy tartiflette, made with delicious Reblochon.
And of course there are the mountains and their ski resorts, culminating in Mont Blanc. So much has been said about how spectacular this region is that it’s difficult to do it justice, but trust us, you’ll want to see. And it’s probably equally spectacular come summer or winter, and just as epic a terrain to experiece on foot or on wheels as it is on skis.
Just don't forget to plan well ahead, especially if you're going skiing. The best places to stay in the Haute Savoie get booked up well in advance.
The Best Places to Stay in the Haute-Savoie region
For Mont Blanc
- If you’re looking for spectacular views of Mont Blanc, Au Coeur du Village is a great five star choice. A stunning, 57 room chalet with elegant, wooden clad rooms and sumptuous decor, Au Coeur du Village also has a full service spa, a cigar room and a restaurant with an excellent fusion menu.
- Le Labrador's balconies open right onto the golf course - and behind it Mont Blanc - so it's a good choice for a summer visit to Chamonix. Its 35 rooms and three suites are comfortable and affordable.
- Five stars worth of grand 19th Century hotel renovation, the Hotel Mont Blanc in Chamonix is a luxuriously chic option with a very Bond-esque bar.
For winter sports
- La Bergerie is a traditional alpine chalet in Morzine, with stunning views and all the modern amenities you might need. There are 27 rooms, plus a cozy bar with a big fireplace. There’s an outdoor pool - heated and open all year - and plenty to do in summer or winter.
- Hotel Oustalet is a charmingly traditional Chamonix hotel with a chalet feel. Just a few steps from the Aiguille du Midi cable car, this hotel also has lovely, sunny terraces.
- Also in Chamonix, Le Jeu de Paume has a traditional alpine lodge vibe, with woody decor, lots of roaring fires and generous leather armchairs. This hotel also has its own mini après-ski scene, and a restaurant with a reputation for being one of the best in the Chamonix valley.
- The Chateau de Coudree is a wonderful 12th Century castle in an idyllic location facing Lake Geneva. There are 19 rooms, decorated opulently, with wood panelling, antiques and delicate wall coverings. There’s also an award-winning restaurant and bar.
- If you’re looking for a romantic escape in the mountains the Abbaye de Talloires is a beautiful choice. Converted from a stunning monastery, set right on Lake Annecy, the Abbey de Talloires has 33 spacious rooms, some with free standing baths and lake views. There’s also a gourmet restaurant.
- Yoann Conte is also on Lake Annecy, an eight room restaurant with rooms with two Michelin stars. The interiors are stunning with a luxurious alpine feel and you’re beautifully secluded from the outside world.
- There are some good options for families on Lake Annecy, Le Cottage Bise, for example, which is is hardly a cottage. This stunning 35 room hotel is an oasis of comfort and luxury, with contemporary rooms, an outdoor pool, an extensive spa and a cocktail terrace overlooking the lake.
The best value places to stay in the Haute Savoie region
- La Ferme du Cupelin is a charming restaurant with rooms in St Gervais Les Bains, with easy access to the huge surrounding skiing area. There are seven chalet style rooms and a superb restaurant. Standard doubles start from as little as €85 per night.
- Hotel Eden in Chamonix is a steal whether you're coming in summer or winter. Simple rooms and self catering apartments suit couples, small groups or families and you're a stone's throw from La Flegere cable car. Doubles start from as little as €97 per night.