- ✓ Best selection
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Limousin
Best Hotels in Limousin
Chateau de la greze 5 rooms from $85Brivezac, Limousin
A lovely B&B in an 18th century chateau. Large rooms feature traditional details and all the mod cons. An outdoor pool, beautiful gardens and a sun terrace for soaking up the rays. Authentic regional dishes from the kitchen and bikes available to explore the countryside from. Charming, stylish.Country Escape - A charming location with a real sense of quiet, plus riding, cycling and foodie activites all close bySights nearby - France’s most historic sites including Rocamodor, Collonges-la-Rouge, Chateau de Castelnau, Abbaye d’AubazineCooking classes - Within the hotel kitchen, french delicacies such as foie grasGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Hostellerie La Bergerie 7 rooms from $93Oradour-sur-Vayres, Limousin
This farmhouse offers private villas set in 5 acres of garden. Guests can enjoy the outdoor swimming pool and tennis court. Bedrooms have modern interiors with comfortable seating area and private terrace. The restaurant offers authentic french cuisine and outdoor dining. A relaxing country escape.Sights nearby - Historic Castles: Coussac-Bonneval, Montbrun and ChalusGreat walks - Direct access on to the GR4 walking trailRestrictions on children - No children under 12Fishing - Fish in The Tardoire
La Chapelle St Martin 14 rooms from $111Nieul, Limousin
This elegant country house is set in a stunning 35 hectare park with private lake, swimming pool and tennis facilities. Rooms are sophisticated, refined and spacious. The hotel offers guests a gourmet restaurant serving fresh, local produce. A tranquil hideaway with plenty of activities on offer.Cooking classes - Cookery classes are held every Weds and Sat afternoonsFishing - Hotel can advise on local/on site fishingGreat walks - Hotel within 35 hectare walled parkFull of characterRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Chateau de Castel Novel 37 rooms from $139Varetz, Limousin
A stunning chateau set within woodlands. Charming rooms full of character have exposed beams, floral wallpapers, and views of the trees. The restaurant serves superb French cuisine. Gardens, outdoor pool, terrace, tennis court and an orangery. Elegant, peaceful, rustic.Country Escape - Look out over the wild park in which the hotel sits, riding, cycling and tennis all close at handGreat walks - Hotel sits within 25 acres of woodland, so plenty of space to walkLocal markets - Local food markets during the week days, and some on eveningsKayaking - Available locally.
Chateau de Lissac 5 rooms from $175Limousin
13th century chateau next to Causse Lake. Gorgeous rooms feature contemporary furniture with rustic charm and exposed brick bathrooms. Sit-out terrace within the splendid gardens. Secluded and romantic.Romantic Break - Charming rooms with thoughful details, pretty gardens and hotel can prepare a picnic for afternoon walkSights nearby - Towns of Limousin, Périgord and QuercyKayaking - Canoes Safaraid DordogneGreat walks - Around Causse Lake
Limousin has the quiet, rustic charm of real work, rather than tourist centres describing the work that once took place here. There are rolling pastures, soft-faced, milk-chocolate coloured cows ‘lowing’, whatever that means, and pretty working villages.
Many of the best places to stay in Limousin are chateaux dotted around the countryside, idyllic places to hideaway and relax, surrounded by green.
But if you’re looking for a lively break you might try Limoges; and if you’re looking for the most interesting villages then the agricultural Corrèze region in the southeast is probably one of the best places to stay in Limousin.
- La Chapelle St Martin is an elegant country house with 14 rooms, a private lake, pool and tennis facilities. Rooms are large and sophisticated and there’s a gourmet restaurant, and plenty of activities on offer.
- The Chateau de Castel Novel is a beautiful chateau set within 25 acres of woodland, with 37 charming rooms, a restaurant specialising in local cuisine and lovely gardens, an outdoor pool and terrace, tennis courts and an orangery.
- Built in the 13th Century, the Chateau de Lissac is now a five bedroom hotel with rustic charm and gorgeous details. There’s a lovely terrace and splendid, secluded gardens.
For great value
- The Chateau de la greze is an 18th Century chateau converted into a five bedroom B&B with an outdoor pool, beautiful sun terrace and a hotel kitchen which also offers cooking classes in the local style. Charming, and with great access to the region’s highlights. And rooms starting from around £70 per night.
- The Hostellerie La Bergerie is a farmhouse with private villas, surrounding an outdoor pool and tennis court. The villas also have private terraces. And there’s an authentic French restaurant.