- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Epirus
Best Hotels in Epirus
Koukouli Guesthouse 10 rooms from $42Zagori, Epirus
A cute mountain village guesthouse with traditional rooms and a family apartment. Wonderful views into the valley from terraces, cosy sitting room with fireplace, restaurant, and lots to do on the mountainside.Views - Great views from hotelFamiliesBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel Kastro 7 rooms from $56Ioánnina, Epirus
A delightful little hotel in a bustling lakeside location. Charming rooms with colourful furnishings and extra beds. Lovely terraces and views over the lake. Excellent value, a great choice for local exploring, couples or families.Views - Great views from hotelValue chicSights nearby - Situated in the centre of Ioannina's Old TownSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - I Escape, Fodors
Irida Boutique Hotel 9 rooms from $78Parga
A chic boutique hotel with charming rooms and wonderful sea views. Individually decorated suites are full of romance, each with black and white chequered floors, stand alone bath tubs, and private balconies. A small hotel with lots of character.Views - Wonderful views both out to sea and over Parga's Venetian castleRomantic BreakSights nearby - Exlore the caves at Lichnos BaySailing - Can be booked nearby.
Salvator Hotel Villas & Spa 20 rooms from $89Parga
A stylish modern hotel with rooms, suites, and villas (sleep up to 5). Wonderful sea views from its hilltop perch, extensive spa, gorgeous terraces and good food. A lovely spot for families, groups, and couples looking for a luxury beach holiday.Views - Stunning views over olive groves to the Ionian SeaGroups - Separate villas sleep up to 5.Spa breaksFamiliesRecommended by - Tablet
Aristi Mountain Resort 18 rooms from $125Aristi 440, Epirus
A chic hotel offering wonderful views from traditional stone built cottages. The Salvia serves fresh organic cuisine from its own garden. A delightful and cosy bar ideal for the chilly evenings and a main lounge with a fireplace. A spa with an indoor pool, hot tub and sauna. Luxury amidst nature.Back to Nature - In the lesser know mountainous region, close by to a National Park with pristine hiking trails and traditional stone villages.Romantic Break - Pure bliss at this resort with fresh air, wonderful views and luxurious rooms.Swimming Pool - An indoor pool for all seasonsDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
All our Epirus collections:
Northern and Central Greece hasn’t really taken off as a tourist destination yet, but it’s got excellent infrastructure for visitors and it’s beautifully perched on the edge of the Ionian Sea, with a wild unspoiled coastline. It’s also home to numerous interesting little towns, fishing ports and summer resorts. So if you did want to experience this quietly beautiful region before everyone else does, you’d find the best places to stay in Epirus scattered around the whole area, with a cluster in the little resort town of Parga, and a smattering in the mountainous interior.
The best places to stay in Epirus all seem to benefit from beautiful views - there are a lot to be had about here - proximity to charming towns and very reasonable room rates. Epirus also has mountain towns to rival those of Provence, and views to rival Scotland’s. Plus it's got brown bears, wolves and jackals, lovely monasteries, golden eagles, and happy Greek holidaymakers.
Parga with its two castles, the Venetian castle in town and the Ali Pasha castle just outside town, its well kept sandy beaches and its rather Italian looking amphitheatre of a village, is an obvious choice, but Ammoudia is also very beautiful. On the Ionian side of Greece, Ammoudia has a history based somewhat on mythology, as Homer writes this as the place where you could find the passage to the netherworld. There are also a number of archeological sites and the beautifully milky Acheron River.
Away from the coast, Epirus is also where you’ll find Vikos Gorge (as far as the Guinness Book of Records is concerned it’s the world’s deepest canyon), the rugged peaks of the Pindus Mountains and the 48 wonderfully rustic stone villages of the Zagori region.
Whether you want a rustic getaway or a beach holiday without the hordes, our pick of the best places to stay in Epirus will not disappoint.
- The Irida Boutique Hotel in Parga is a boutique charmer with lovely sea, and castle, views and nine individually decorated suites. All have stand alone baths, chequered floors and private balconies.
- Or how about the luxury country hideaway of the Aristi Mountain Resort? They've got rustic chic rooms with lots of exposed stone and a wonderful spa for relaxing after a busy day in the great outdoors. Plus there's a restaurant serving organic dishes with much of the ingredients grown on site. Oh and there are views to die for!
- Also in seaside Parga, the Salvator Hotel Villas & Spa is a stylish, modern hotel with a collection of 20 rooms, suites and villas sleeping up to five. It too has lovely sea views from gorgeous terraces, an excellent restaurant and an extensive spa.
- The Hotel Kastro in Ioánnina, is a charming little hotel right beside the lake. Rooms are colourful and great value. Plus there are lovely terraces with lake views.
For great value
- The Koukouli Guesthouse is a ten room mountain guesthouse with wonderful views over the valley from its terraces. There’s also a cosy sitting room with a fireplace and a restaurant. Rooms start from around £35 per night.