- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Folegandros
Best Hotels in Folegandros
Themonies Luxury Suites from $151Folegandros
A delightful collection of luxury suite-apartments sleeping 2-4 people. Contemporary chic rooms blend traditional materials to create modern space. Each has its own kitchenette, dining room, and verandah. Cocktail bar, stunning views, and a short walk from the beach. Great for couples or families.Family Suites - Some of the suites have two double bedrooms.Beach LifeFamiliesSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Anemomilos Apartments 3 rooms from $157Folegandros
Spectacular cliff top views from this magical island hideaway. Clean cut cool studios, with self catering abilities and private balconies. Stone cut pool with snack bar, overlooking the sea. Enjoy the regional inspired restaurant or head down to the charming whitewashed Taverns in the village.Hideaway - This island hideaway is a real find- stunning cliff views, crystal clear waters, charming local village and pretty studios.Sights nearby - Explore Hora's cobbled lanes filled with whitewashed flower-decked houses, chapels, charming Taverns and friendly locals.Great walks - Trek along walled mulepaths to find your own cliff-ringed bay for private swims.Swimming Pool - Lovely outdoor poolRecommended by - I Escape, Frommers
Anemi Hotel 28 rooms from $198Karavostassis, Folegandros
Gorgeous minimalist seaside resort. All white rooms have verandahs, sea views, all the mod cons, honeymoon suites have private pools. Beautiful pool area and restaurant. Romantic, but still very family friendly.LuxuryHoneymoonsBeach LifeViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Remote and rugged Folegandros is on the southern, sunniest edge of the Cyclades, and while many of this island group have a wealth of accommodation, our selection of the best places to stay in Folegandros may not have the quantity, but certainly still offers the quality you're looking for.
As well as dramatic beauty, this island has a dark past. Just twelve kilometres long and four kilometres wide, Folegandros has been used as a place of exile since Roman times up until the 20th Century.
These days there's the hardship of not being able to reach the island by air, you have to come into the charming little harbour of Karavostasis. Which is probably one of the best places to stay on Folegandros if you like a bit of buzz in the evening. Apart from Hora, one of the most alluring villages in the Cyclades, the other main town is Ano Meria, which is a quieter scattering of farms and traditional homes with a very rural feel.
Hora's Venetian castle, built 200metres above sea level, really adds to the town's charm, and is one of the island's main sights. Within the castle walls is medieval Hora, but almost the whole town is a pedestrianised warren of cobbled streets opening onto wonderful views between the whitewashed sugar cubes of Cycladic architecture.
Hora's medieval heart is one of the best places to stay on Folegandros for history buffs and couples who appreciate a romantic Old Town atmosphere. There's plenty of choice when it comes to choosing a taverna, especially in the centre of town where there are three squares all lined up in a row.
There are a few jewels in Folegandros's crown of beaches.
- Angali Beach - Angali meaning hug - is a pale sandy scoop hugged by boulders on both sides, with flat, mostly lagoon like water.
- Chochlidia Beach, near Karavostasi, is less sandy, but has lovely deep blue water, and a fringe of trees providing shade.
- Livadi is the beach for you if you're into water sports, also quite close to Karavostasi.
- Katergo, with its pale sand, steep cliffs and rocky islet, is probably one of the island's most famous beaches, but it can only be reached by boat, and there's no infrastructure there when you arrive.
For a great view and some romance
- Just outside of Hora, the elegant studio rooms of Anemomilos are one of the best places to stay on Folegandros if you're here to get away from everything. Converted from a windmill, this is a breezy spot with some of the best views on the island. The rooms are decorated in Cycladic style, with tiled floors, white walls and blue or green details.
For family friendly luxury
- Anemi Hotel is more a resort than a hotel, with a huge pool and terrace, lovely sea views and all the mod. cons. you could need. Just outside Karavostasi, this is a private and luxurious complex in bright whites. Some of the suites have private pools. But it's still very family friendly, with a kid's only pool, playground and cinema. And there's plenty to do on sight, including diving, snorkelling, tennis, fishing and other watersports.