- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Halkidiki
The Halkidiki Peninsula drapes three long fingers into the Aegean, all lushly forested and lined with white sandy coves. Kassandra is the peninsula with the lively infrastructure, it's not busy, but this is where you'll find the most glamorous resorts and the villages with the best restaurants and bars, and many of the best places to stay in Halkidiki. Sithonia has the most beautiful of the white, sandy beaches, and the best camping, and Athos is famed for the ancient Mount Athos monastic community.
It still gets busy in the summer though. It's popular with Greeks too, so book ahead - even if you're planning to stay in one of Sithonia's many campsites, or a self catering apartment or villa (you'll find a range of these with our online partner, Booking.com).
Despite Halkidiki's proximity, and comparable beauty, to the Greek islands, this coastline region is relatively quiet in terms of visitor numbers. Up until the last few decades it's been best known by pilgrims and those searching for historic treasures, so its development has been restrained and it feels largely unspoiled.
Halkidiki is a great springtime destination, with water temperatures in the high teens and air temperatures around 20 degrees. And the countryside is lush, green and covered in wildflowers. It's also nice in September.
Most of Halkidiki's beach resorts are on the east coast of Kassandra, with Sani being the largest centre, with the best nightlife, and Skala Fourkas a close second.
As well as the most beautiful beaches, sleepy Sithonia also has the oldest mosaics ever found in Greece, in the excavation of Olynthos. Sithonia also has some lovely old villages.
Halkidiki's rugged interior is also a fascinating landscape to explore if you like walking or hiking.
There's plenty to do here besides relaxing with the views:
- take a boat trip from the tip of the Sithonia peninsula towards Mount Athos - the views are amazing, you can see the rows of Byzantine cliffside monasteries above the water, and the sea life below. You can't visit without a permit, which must be applied for six months in advance, and women can't visit at all, but there are still about 1,800 monks living here today;
- do some diving, or snorkelling, in the clear waters;
- explore Halkidiki's history in places like the picturesque, ancient village of Athitos, founded in 3,000BC, or the ruins of an ancient temple to Zeus at Kallithea, or the temple to Poseidon in Posidi;
- or visit the thermal baths at Agia Paraskevi.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Halkidiki offer something for everyone, whether you're looking for a budget guesthouse, family friendly resort or romantic luxury hideaway.
Halkidiki's Best Beach Resorts
- Danai Beach Resort & Villas on the Sithonia peninsula is the place to come to be pampered in quiet luxury. Villas and suites have their own private pools and the hotel has its own semi-private beach.
- By a perfect blue lagoon on the Sithonia peninsula, the Ekies All Senses Resort has stylish, modern, designer decor and every luxury.
Halkidiki for Families
- The Petrino Suites are by beautiful, ancient Athitos, on the Kassandra peninsula. A beautifully designed hotel converted from a traditional style stone house, with an excellent restaurant, this complex also has family accommodation more like spacious apartments than conventional hotel rooms.
- If you're looking for somewhere traditional yet unique the Alexandrou Inn is definitely one of the best places to stay in Halkidiki. From the outside it looks more like Tuscany than Greece, but this inn is full of character, and in a great location, by Arnea, a little market town. As well as ten rooms, this inn also has two family suites.
Holiday Villas or apartments
- Often renting a holiday villa or apartment is the best option. So for a wide range of self catering accommodation throughout Halkidiki, we recommend you check out the properties with our online partner, Booking.com.
Best Hotels in Halkidiki
Petrino Suites 33 rooms from $73Afytos, Halkidiki
Attractively designed oasis of calm in a uniquely unspoilt village, with excellent dining facilities. Apartment style rooms are situated around the pool, and lavish style gardens. The Beaches are close by, with Halkidiki's many beach bars a short drive form the hotel.Swimming Pool - Sit back and relax by the hotel pool and soak up the Greek sunshine.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Great walks - Good for walkers.Four poster beds - For romantics.
Alexandrou Inn 12 rooms from $78Arnaia, Halkidiki
A traditional and beautifully restored traditional inn in the hinterland of undiscovered Halkidiki of rich farmland and wooded hills - good base for local exploring, full of character.Sights nearby - Being in the centre of the region it is a great place from which to explore.Full of characterGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Ekies All Senses Resort 69 rooms from $89Vourvourou, Halkidiki
Pretty resort hotel with designer rooms on a lovely sandy beach. Good restaurant, lots of activities, ideal for families. A popular haven.Swimming Pool - Soak up the sunshine by the pool and enjoy the adjoining bar.Romantic - Good for couples.SpaOn the beach - In front of the hotel.Recommended by - Tablet
Skites 25 rooms from $89Ouranopolis, Halkidiki
Marvellous blend of simplicity and sophistication - small collection of pretty bungalow rooms and apartments with a pebbly beach, good food and a pool.Views - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorOn the beach - In front of the hotel.Recommended by - I Escape
Ikos Olivia 291 rooms from $132Halkidiki
A 'has it all' resort with lovely gardens reaching down to the shore. The rooms are immaculate with crisp linen and large glass windows lead to great garden or sea views. Boundless activities are on offer for children and adults alike. An ideal destination for a family holiday.Families - The Kids Clubs will keep children occupied and active while parents sun themselves with a good book and a cocktail.Active Holiday - The hotel provides an endless array of activities from beach volleyball to tennis, cycling and canoeing.Diving - Beginners classes are held in the hotel pool before you head out to sea.Great walks - No better spot for a sunset stroll than along the picturesque shoreline.
Eagles Palace Hotel & Spa 165 rooms from $159Ouranopolis, Halkidiki
Full-service resort with its own beach, an abundance of activities and excellent seaside restaurants. Contemporary and luxurious rooms stay in keeping with traditional Greek colours, and provide lots of space. Suites and villas with private pools are also available for that added luxury.Kids Club - Thekids are sure to be entertained with their own pool and activities program. There is also a babysitting service on site.Spa - Take a break and feel refreshed and re-energised from one of the many spa therapies on offer.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Danai Beach Resort & Villas 60 rooms from $418Nikiti, Halkidiki
Romantic, pampered, barefoot elegance in this luxurious hideaway, with private pools and a sandy beach. Excellent food. Ideal for a honeymoon or romantic break.Foodies - You'll be spoilt for choice with four restaurants or for a more private meal, dining within your room, suite or villaSpa breaks - An extensive range of Holistic therapies and facilities, such as beach massages and an indoor poolKids Club - Fully staffed.Cooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection