- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Imerovigli
Imerovigli is only 2kms from Thira, Santorini's capital, but the peace here makes it feel like further. Its famous sunset views include beautiful Thira town and Imerovigli's own lovely sugar cube buildings and churches. Book into one of our pick of the best places to stay in Imerovigli, then stroll down the narrow, paved paths which wind around the amphitheatre of the caldera and watch the sun go down from Imerovigli.
Because it's just out of Thira, Imerovigli doesn't need the same kind of bustle in the village centre, and the beautiful Cycladic churches retain pride of place. The calm atmosphere permeates the town, this is a place to stop frequently to appreciate the view.
For complete relaxation
- Hotel Afroessa is a traditional, reasonably priced collection of fabulous sea view rooms and maisonettes. Almost every room has a private balcony, where an excellent breakfast is served each morning.
- For a relaxing family holiday, the Astra Suites are one of the best places to stay in Imerovigli. This collection of funky rooms, suites and apartments have bright splashes of colour - some with private balconies, some with private jacuzzis, and some with self catering facilities. Though there's also a lovely Greek restaurant.
- Chic and modern, the Avaton Resort & Spa is right on the path between Fira and Oia, just on the outskirts of Imerovigli, so it's one of the best places to stay in Imerovigli if you want your sea view unadulterated with the lights of other hotels and restaurants. For the ultimate away-from-it-all vista, without actually being in the middle of nowhere.
For the ultimate in luxury
Imerovigli boasts easy access to the excellent restaurants and bars, museums and port shopping of Thira, but none of the hassle of being in the thick of it.
- Cut into the cliff edge, Grace Santorini is a haven of wonderful luxury designed to perfectly complement the spectacular surroundings. The best places to stay in Imerovigli tend to keep the decor simple and make the most of every view. Grace does that to stylish effect with the largest infinity pool on Santorini, an excellent restaurant with a sea view and a chic but simple spa.
- The cavernous rooms and suites of the Kapari Natural Resort are cut from a similar cloth, but also have a great wine bar and some suites with hot tubs on private terraces. They're also one of the few luxury hotels in Santorini to welcome children, so this is a good bet for a family looking for luxury.
For honeymoon heaven
Imerovigli probably has one of the world's most spectacular sunsets. What else do you need for your perfect honeymoon?
- Chromata adds to the beauty of the surroundings by being a collection of cave houses built into Santorini's cliffs and having an almost impossibly beautiful infinity pool. What makes it one of the best places to stay in Imerovigli for honeymooners are the private cave pools and the clear plexiglass bridge, which spans the main infinity pool and can be set to serve supper for two. How memorable is that!
- San Antonio is another luxurious and spectacular offering in Santorini: white chic perched right on the cliff top. The things which probably make San Antonio one of the best places to stay in Imerovigli for honeymooners are their excellent spa - which of course has amazing views - their private outdoor sea view hot tubs, and their gourmet restaurant.
Still not sure which to book? Browse though our list of all the best places to stay in Imerovigli, or call, or email, one of our gurus for advice. Alternatively have a look at all our properties in Santorini.
Best Hotels in Imerovigli
Hotel Afroessa 10 rooms from $104Imerovigli
A traditional hotel with fabulous sea views, understated rooms and maisonettes, and fantastic breakfasts from private balconies. A romantic understated spot, and great value too.Views - Stunning views from every roomRomantic BreakValue chicGreat walks - Easy access to the "Caldera Trail" which links Oia and Fira
Remezzo Villas 12 rooms from $125Imerovigli (Santorini)
Nestled on the cliffside, the restored 18th century villas have classic Cycladean features: white washed walls, vaulted ceilings & curved edges. Spacious suites and rooms with private balconies for enjoying the jawdropping views. No restaurant but a short walk from local eateries. Totally romantic.Views - Fabulous views over the Aegean SeaSailing - Santorini SailingOutstanding locationSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Hotel Ilioperato 11 rooms from $149Imerovigli
A lovely Four star hotel with a collection of rooms and apartments that have small kitchenettes and private balconies. Fantastic sea views, traditional Santorini white and blue decoration, swimming pool. Excellent value, very romantic.Views - Stunning caldera viewsValue chicRomantic BreakSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool with amazing sea views
Astra Suites 27 rooms from $219Imerovigli
Wonderful boutique hotel with funky rooms and suites. Splashes of bright colour throughout all white rooms, all with private balconies, some with private jacuzzis. Lovely Greek restaurant and swimming pool lounge area. Great for romantic getaways and family holidays.Views - Panoramic views of the caldera and the Aegean SeaHoneymoonsRomantic BreakSwimming Pool - Cliffside infinity poolRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Johansens
Avaton Resort & Spa 7 rooms from $259Imerovigli (Thira)
Fantastically chic all white hotel with an extensive bar and fantastic Mediterranean restaurant. Rooms and suites in neutral tones have private balconies, dreamy sea views, and all the modern gadgetry. Minimalist designs, indulgent spa, and calming views. Very romantic.Views - Excellent sea and sunset viewsSpa breaksWellbeingBeach LifeRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Grace Santorini 22 rooms from $282Imerovigli
A hotel cut from the cliff's edge with wow factor views and indulgent surroundings. All white rooms, suites and a palatial villa with fabulous private balconies and hot tubs. Lovely Mediterranean restaurant and extensive spa. Truly romantic and luxurious.Views - Panoramic sea viewsHoneymoonsRomantic BreakSwimming Pool - Wonderful infinity pool with stunning sea views - the largest of its kind on SantoriniRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape
Kapari Natural Resort 19 rooms from $298Imerovigli
Very luxurious rooms and suites carved from the cliff face. Neutral tones, natural materials, clean lines, plus all the mod cons and a few private hot tubs. Excellent wine bar and restaurant with fantastic sea views. Romantic and very chic.Views - Stunning views of the CalderaLocal markets - Good for local colour.HoneymoonsRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Chromata 25 rooms from $381Imerovigli
Tradition meets cool contemporary on the most spectacular island in Greece. A series of cave houses in the cliffside, with white on white decor broken with stylish aztec bed throws. Impossibly perfect infinity pool and an intimate poolside restaurant both boast killer views. Ideal for honeymooners.Honeymoons - Sun, sea in a wonderously romantic honeymoon suite with private terrace, secluded Jacuzzi and sleek modern interiors.Sailing - Sail around the island and take in the stunning white villages and deserted beaches.Restrictions on children - Not suitable for children under thirteenViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels, Mr & Mrs Smith
San Antonio 25 rooms from $418Imerovigli
Five Star luxury and Santorini chic from the cliff top. Gorgeous all white suites with private jacuzzis, butler service and balconies. Gourmet restaurant, extensive spa, and all-round perfection. An ideal choice for romantics, honeymooners, and weddings.Views - Stunning uninterrupted views of the calderaHoneymoons5* Luxury - Very high service standards.WellbeingRecommended by - CN Traveller, Small Luxury Hotels