- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Lefkada
Best Hotels in Lefkada
Aliki Hotel 22 rooms from $67Lefkada
A delightful hotel on the beautiful island of Lefkada. It's stand alone feature is the phenomenal view it commands over the Ionian sea, which can be taken in from almost anywhere on the property. Perfect for a tranquil break on a Greek island.Romantic Break - With stunning sea views and comfortable rooms it's the ideal spot for a quiet, romantic break on the Greece island of Lefkada.Diving - Scuba diving enthusiasts will love some of the diving spots off Lefkada.Sights nearby - The hotel sits just three miles from Onasis Statue.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
San Nicolas Resort 17 rooms from $125Mikros Gialos, Lefkada
A gorgeous contemporary classic hotel with stunning seaviews. Rooms and suites in white and pale blue have private balconies and all the mod cons. Stunning pool and relaxation area, and a short distance from the beach. For romantics and sun seekers.Views - Wonderful views over the bayLuxuryBeach LifeRomantic BreakRecommended by - Tablet
Lefkada is called an Ionian island, but it's actually connected to mainland Greece via a narrow causeway and small bridge. But despite this easy access, and its beautiful beaches and cosmopolitan capital, Lefkada is still one of the least visited islands in the group. You don't have to drive in, you can also fly, and most of the best places to stay in Lefkada are only about 20 minutes from the airport.
Lefkada Beach Break
Lefkada is definitely a great spot for an easy, sunny, beach break. If that's what you're looking for make sure you don't fall so in love with the beauty of your local beach that you don't hire a scooter and see some of the others.
- Egrmni Beach probably gets most people's vote for best beach, a long, sandy scoop surrounded by sheer, white cliffs, just a few miles south of Athani - it's never crowded, but that's probably mostly to do with the 355 steps visitors need to negotiate before they hit the sand.
- Porto Katsiki is almost as dramatic, and possibly more famous, it's as if a neat slice has been taken out of the land, leaving smooth white cliffs and bright blue water. On the up side it only has 100 steps down to it. On the down side it's shingle, and the 100 steps means that more people are willing to risk the descent. If you're still not a fan of the stairs, you can also take the boat around from Nydri or Vassiliki.
- If you're here with a family hop over to the northwest coast where there are a number of smooth, sandy bays with gentle gradients. Pefkoulia is one of the nicest and it's close to the shops and restaurants of Agios Nikitas. This is also one of the best places to stay on Lefkada for campers.
Lefkada Active Break
But if you're looking for a bit more action, pop over to Nydri or Vassiliki, which have large, open bays, constantly interesting winds and plenty of watersports enthusiasts enjoying the conditions.
Lefkada's mountainous interior also make this one of the best spots in Europe for a mountain biking holiday. This is also where you'll find the largest developments, but they're still not that large by Greek Island standards.
Lefkada for R&R
If you're looking for peace and relaxation some of the best places to stay on Lefkada are the little port towns in the Sfakiotes region. These seven hamlets and villages have been slow to change over the centuries and there's a wonderful sense of traditional hospitality - usually centred around the local taverna. And they're only about a kilometre from their nearest neighbour, through ancient olive groves and past crumbling windmills, so you can easily visit them all.
If you want to find your own bit of island head off past Porto Katsiki to Cape Lefkada, there's nothing here but dramatically sheer drops and views to Kefalonia and Ithaca.
This isn't a city break destination, but Lefkada Town has plenty of life to it, both during the day and in the evening.
And a number of pretty churches to discover while exploring the town. If you want to stay up really late then head over to Vassiliki.
- The San Nicolas Resort is a great option if you want to get away from it all, but still have luxurious contemporary surrounds and all the mod. cons.. Built right over a gentle cliff, this hotel has incredible sea views, a stunning pool and it's just a short stroll to the beach.