- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Rhodes
Best Hotels in Rhodes
Domus Rodos 19 rooms from $34Rhodes Town
A quaint pension in the centre of the Old Town, close to all the action. Simple and comfortable white washed rooms. Restaurants and bars within easy walking distance. An inexpensive base to explore the city from.Value chic - A well priced property in the heart of the old town and just a three minute walk from the beach.Sights nearby - In the heart of Rhodes Old Town the oldest inhabited medieval town in Europe.Great walks - Walk along the city walls for excellent views of this ancient city.
Apollo Guest House 6 rooms from $52Rhodes Town
Lovely traditional guesthouse located in the heat of the medieval town. Charming rooms, some with great views of the old town or prettily draped four poster beds. Good value and a quiet alternative to the boutiques.Value chic - A lovely traditional property with quirky features and charming courtyard breakfasts all for a very reasonable rate.Sights nearby - Having admired them from a distance at the property visit the Citadel and the Palace of the Grand Master up close.Great walks - Just above the airport is the 'Valley of Butterflies' which makes for stunning walks.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Frommers
Hotel Andreas 8 rooms from $68Rhodes
An absolutely charming house in the Old Town with beautiful views over roof tops and out to sea. Simple chic rooms have white washed walls and attractive fabrics. A gorgeous leafy terrace and courtyard for breakfast. Excellent value, romantic, and authentically Rhodes.Romantic BreakSights nearby - Kahal Shalom Synagogue, Andrea Papandreou Park, Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes.Views - Wonderful views over the Old Town and portSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Saint Michel Hotel 11 rooms from $69Rhodes
A traditional hotel in Rhodes Town centre, set in an 800 year old building. Simple and homely accommodation with basic rooms and a roof terrace overlooking the city and the bay. Perfect to keep costs low while exploring the lovely Old City.Local exploring - Ideally located for getting around the Old Town of Rhodes, two minutes from the centre and five from the harbour.Sights nearby - Visit the historic centre of Rhodes Town with the Street of Knights, Clock Tower and Grand Master's Palace.Sailing - A great stopping point for a sailing trip around the Greek islands.
Fashion Hotel Nikos Takis 8 rooms from $78Rhodes Town
Harem-style high-camp glamour in this boutique hideaway in the old town. Vibrant brightly painted rooms with prettily draped four poster beds and Indian wall hangings. Terraces offer lovely city views. Full of character and well positioned for city exploring.City Style - The boudoir type suites have the feel of a pasha's harem, with deep colours, rich fabrics, beamed celilings and jacuzzis.Sights nearby - Walking distance from both the Collachium and the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes.Great walks - Head out and explore this incredible ancient city on foot.Romantic - Good for couples.
Melenos Apartments 9 rooms from $84Rhodes
A lovely collection of studio suites and apartments in Lindos. Traditional exterior with leafy courtyard, simple rooms with white washed walls, and kitchens for personal use. Melenos restaurant is fantastic. A great choice for couples looking for privacy, families, or those on a budget.Value chicViews - Great views from hotelSailing - Can be booked nearby.Diving - Good diving nearby.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Marco Polo Mansion 7 rooms from $94Rhodes Town
Live like an Ottoman pasha in this stylish townhouse in the heart of the old town. An elegant homely feel. Large, high ceilinged rooms with prettily draped four poster beds. A spoiling breakfast is on offer. Friendly staff. A lovely place to explore the city from.Value chic - An atmospheric mansion, with indivdually decorated Eastern style rooms filled with antiques and Orientel rugs.Great walks - For stunning views of the Old Town walk along the medieval walls.Sights nearby - Visit the Knight's Castles the best being Kastéllo Kritinías.Full of characterRecommended by - Frommers, Fodors
Rodos Park Suites 75 rooms from $102Rhodes Town
Chic contemporary hotel surrounded by greenery, yet near the city centre. Large, light rooms with calming muted tones and great views. Enjoy the Mediterranean restaurant, trendy rooftop bar and spoiling spa. A relaxing hideaway yet within close proximity to the cities sights.Romantic Break - A trendy contemporary couples retreat in the new city with suites offering views of the sea, private jacuzzis and fine dining.Spa breaks - Indulge yourself in the glorious spa with pampering treatments including hot stone massages and after-sun body wraps.Great walks - Walk the stunning streets of the Medieval City pronounced a UNESCO World Heritage Site.Sights nearby - Endless options nearby from castles to ancient ruins or ornate churches.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Zacosta Villa Hotel 3 rooms from $104Rhodes Town
A slightly old-fashioned but charming hotel in central Rhodes. Just three rooms with four poster beds, a lovely courtyard terrace, and delicious breakfasts. Great value, romantic, walking distance to the beach.Value chicTraditionalSights nearby - Located in the centre of mediaeval Rhodes Old Town, close to the Knights Castle and museumsSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - I Escape
Nikolis Hotel & Apartments 20 rooms from $104Rhodes Town
Stunning medieval castle house in central Rhodes. Traditional rooms, suites and apartments have four poster beds, stone walls, wooden beamed ceilings and private balconies. Lovely terraces and roof top garden, restaurant and bar. A romantic choice, family friendly too.Romantic BreakSights nearby - Located in the heart of Rhodes Old Town - a World Heritage SiteViews - Great views of the Old Town and Harbour from the roof gardenLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - CN Traveller
In Camera Art Boutique Hotel 6 rooms from $146Rhodes
A chic boutique with lots of character. Individually decorated rooms and suites, some sleep up to 5, have creamy furnishings and attractive works of photography. Stunning views from a charming terrace. Great for families or couples.Families - 4 rooms sleep up to 5 people.GroupsFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Romantic Break
Spirit of the Knights 6 rooms from $151Rhodes Town
A gorgeous boutique hotel with all its original elements in the old town of Rhodes. Romantic rooms in traditional elegance, terraces, roof top jacuzzi, private yoga or massage. The perfect spot for a romantic beach holiday.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakSights nearby - Located in the mediaeval old town of Rhodes Town - a World Heritage SiteSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - I Escape
Rodos Palladium from $188RHODES, Rhodes
A contemporary Five Star hotel on the beach with a fantastic spa. Rooms and suites, all with private sea-facing balconies, have pastel furnishings and a beachy ambience. Tropical gardens, lagoon-style swimming pool, multiple restaurants. You really needn't leave your hotel!Spa breaksBeach Life5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Swimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor Pools
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa 44 rooms from $228Rhodes
A really swanky Five Star hotel and spa resort on the beach front. Contemporary rooms and suites offer all the mod cons, private balconies, and some even have private pools. Top of the range spa, Mediterranean restaurant, beach front terraces, and a private beach. Very pampering.Spa breaks5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Beach LifeRomantic Break
Melenos Lindos 12 rooms from $214Lindos, Rhodes
A classy and luxurious boutique refuge with spectacular views over the Aegean. Large rooms decorated in a Moorish style with enormous raised beds and lovely sea views. A romantic rooftop restaurant is one of the best on the island. Just minutes from the beach. A lovely romantic escape.Romantic Break - An enchanting and intimate escape, the lovely rooftop restaurant is perfect for a romantic dinner under the stars.Hideaway - A charming hilltop property away from the hussle and bussle with views sweeping over the city.Great walks - Hike up to the 10th-century Acropolis above the hotel, you'll be rewarded with fantastic views.Sailing - Spend a day exploring the island from the sea, the ideal romantic day trip.Recommended by - I Escape, Small Luxury Hotels
St Nikolis Hotel 20 rooms from $225Rodos, Rhodes
A delightful family-run hotel in a charming 14th century building. Individually decorated rooms are awash with heritage and emblems of the rich history of Rhodes. In the evening, enjoy delicious Greek dishes from the traditional stone oven. Conveniently located in the heart of the cobbled old town.Local exploring - An ideal base for soaking up the history and culture of Rhodes, situated on a quiet cobbled street in the medieval Old Town.Romantic Break - Transport yourselves to another time, with traditional suites and rooms overlooking the arches, ramparts and moats.Local markets - Check out the local markets of Rhodes where you can pick up some amazing deals.Sights nearby - Visit the ancient Acropolis of Ialyssos, five miles from the hotel.
Lindos Blu 70 rooms from $230Rhode, Rhodes
A superbly chic and luxurious hotel on a cliff top with stunning views over turquoise waters and a short walk from Lindos. Designer rooms and suites with all the mod cons and private balconies. Two fantastic restaurants, top of the range spa, and a private beach below. Romantic beach life in luxury.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Romantic - Good for couples.WellbeingBeach LifeRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Eternally appealing, there are many reasons to travel to Rhodes, largest of the Dodecanese. Broadly you could say it's sunny, sandy, beautiful, historic and delicious. Because so many folk are drawn here there's a huge range of choice when it comes to choosing the best places to stay in Rhodes. From diving resorts to campsites to traditional guesthouses to luxurious modern hotels.
Rhodes Town is the capital, with a charming Old Town that's a maze of alleyways which open out to reveal restaurants, cafes, museums and chi-chi boutiques. Heritage Listed, Old Rhodes Town has a fascinating blend of architecture, influenced by Rome, the Byzantines and the Medieval order of Knights who settled here and who're responsible for much of the fortification.
The New Town is where you'll find the waterfront bars, cosmopolitan beaches and the luxury shopping. Rhodes is a great place for foodies, partly owing to the island's verdant conditions and the bounty of the sea, so you'll really be spoiled for choice.
Whether you choose to stay in Rhodes Town, or one of the other resort towns, or a smaller fishing hamlet, you'll find plenty to do on Rhodes.
You've heard of the Colossus, right? Well, the 30 metre statue's no longer, but the best places to stay in Rhodes will find you near to plenty of other ancient archeological and mythological treasures which you can uncover. The waters here are crystal clear, so many visitors make their discoveries underwater, but the rolling hills of the interior hide numerous charming villages, many of which have their own little museums and churches.
The Best Places to Stay in Rhodes Town
- The Marco Polo Mansion has the ambience of Rhodes' Old Town just right. A lovingly restored Ottoman townhouse with just seven rooms, a stay here is like staying in another time. The walled garden is peaceful and beautiful, the restaurant is good and it's all very romantic.
- The Rodos Park Suites in the New Town is the polar opposite - bustling, close to the beach and fresh and modern with all the mod. cons., including a large pool and poolside bar.
- The Zacosta Villa Hotel is a slightly old fashioned, but very charming, three room hotel in central Rhodes. You're close to the museums and the Knight's castle, and though there's not restaurant, you're surrounded by them, and the breakfasts here are excellent.
- The Nikolis Hotel & Apartments occupies a stunning medieval castle in the centre of town. This is a great place for lovers of detail - there are wooden beamed ceilings, lovely private balconies, stone walls, fourposter beds and a rooftop garden with wonderful views over the town.
The Best Places to Stay on Rhodes for A Special Occasion
- Lindos Blu sits pretty on the cliffs above Lindos, with spectacular views of the turquoise bay and sugar cube village just a short stroll away. The spa is top of the range and the rooms and suites offer every modern luxury and in some cases your own private pool.
- The unusually named Fashion Hotel Nikos Takis offers Harem style high-camp glamour hidden away in one of Rhodes' Old Town's historic townhouses. There are just eight rooms, so this is an intimate and very memorable spot with plenty of added extras like jacuzzis and the complimentary use of guitars and accordions with which to serenade your partner…
- Rodos Palladium is a modern five star hotel right on the beach. This hotel is for you if you're looking for a resort style beach break, but beside a fascinating town. There's a tropical lagoon style pool and gardens, a choice of restaurants and private, ocean-facing balconies.
The Best Places to Stay on Rhodes on a Budget
- It only has six rooms, so you'll need to book early to reap the great value of the Apollo Guesthouse. The rooms are small, but really charming and well planned, and the leafy courtyard is like your own private refuge from overpriced restaurants and cruise ship crowds. And it's within walking distance to many of the city's major attractions.
- As well as being reasonably priced, Domus Rodos is a great place to stay for history buffs. This no frills townhouse pension was formerly a stronghold for the Knights of St John of Jerusalem! Only a 10minute walk to the ferry harbour, it's also one of the best places to stay in Rhodes for island-hoppers.
- The Hotel Andreas has been converted from a charming house in the Old Town of Rhodes. It's got beautiful views over the rooftops and out to sea, a gorgeous leafy terrace and simple, but chic, whitewashed rooms. Very traditional, but very Rhodes.
The Best Places to Stay on Rhodes for Families
- Modern and close to the beach, the Rodos Park Suites is a comfortable, modern hotel with a full sized pool and all the mod. cons.. The antithesis of 'boutique', this is a classic but comfortable hotel.
- The Melenos Apartments are a lovely collection of nine suites and studio apartments in Lindos, on the east side of the island. Basic, but with plenty of whitewashed charm, this is a comfortable place to stay for family and groups who're watching their wallets.
- The In Camera Art Boutique Hotel is another great option for families, with the majority of its six rooms and suites sleeping up to five people. The decor is bright and pale, and rooms have numerous photos - that's where the 'art' and 'camera' of the title come in.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay on Rhodes for you?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay on Rhodes,
- expand your search to our Guru's list of the best places to stay in the Dodecanese,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.