- ✓ Check Prices and book online
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Shekhawati
Best Hotels in Shekhawati
Hotel Ramgarh Fresco 12 rooms from $28Shekhawati
Lovingly restored historic city mansion with a timeless aura. Hand-carved period wooden furniture in simple but tastefully decorated rooms, each with en-suite. Frescoes adorn the walls. A comfortable, secluded haven in a historic Rajasthani gem. Dine on local cuisine in the restaurant with a view.Local exploring - Ideally located to get to know the area around ShekhawatiViews - Enjoy a view of the city from your bedroomGreat walks - Guided walking tour of RamgarhFull of character
Dundlod Fort 22 rooms from $41Jhunjhunu, Shekhawati
A dilapidated but charming fortress in Shekhawati, the open-air gallery of Rajasthan. Here, you can enjoy wonderful hospitality, feast on delicious food and set out on a riding safari with a prince.Full of character - Filled with antiques and colourful traditional craftsSights nearby - Badalgarh FortLocal markets - Good for local colour.Hideaway - Tranquil and intimate.
Roop Niwas Kothi 26 rooms from $57Shekhawati
A unique and exciting mansion with an authentic grand courtyard and riding stables. Over 300 years old, the hotel now offers comfortable spacious accommodation with hand carved furniture and all mod cons including outdoor pool. Enjoy Indian and authentic Rajasthani cuisine. A truly unique venue.Historic - A great base for exploring the wider area.Sights nearby - Picnics at LohargalSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Vivaana Culture Hotel 23 rooms from $69Shekhawati
A delightful boutique hotel set in two renovated 19th-century havelis in Shekhawati. An idyllic and spoiling base from which to explore Rajasthan’s open-air art gallery, with lovely rooms, a gorgeous swimming pool and an Ayurvedic spa.Spa - Ayervedic SpaSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.
Formerly a popular stop along the Gujarati to Central Asia trade route, the district of Shekhawati is famed for its intricately painted havelis. Built by wealthy merchants these archaic private dwellings, featuring ornate arches and latticework are decorated with beautiful colourful murals. They depict traditional folk tales, stories from Hindu mythology as well as contemporary events and interests. Our pick of the best places to stay in Shekhawati are all great bases for experiencing the region's highlights.
Located within easy reach of Delhi and Jaipur it makes for a relaxing stop between cities.
Traverse the desert sands on the back of your trusty steed. Horse riding is a popular activity here and many of the hotels offer riding excursions. A wonderfully scenic way to experience Rajasthan.
Littered with forts built by the local Thakurs most of these have today been converted into hotels. Our pick of the best places to stay in Shekhawati are ideal for a historic stay.
For boutique wellness
- Vivaana Culture Hotel is a gorgeous boutique property which provides a truly relaxing stay in the midst of the Rajasthani countryside. It has an indulgent Ayurvedic spa and some immersive excursions, from tribal village visits to safaris.
For a heritage stay
- Aged but charming Dundlod Fort is a lesson in traditional India. Rooms are filled with antiques and decorated in traditional fabrics. An insight into the rich tapestry of this former trading post.
- Hotel Ramgarh Fresco is a lovingly restored city mansion. Come here for frescoes walls, hand carved furniture and traditional Rajasthani cuisine...and seriously good value!
For equestrian lovers
- Over three hundred years old, Roop Niwas Kothi has its own riding stables. Surrounding an atmospheric courtyard it boasts the perfect blend of history and modernity.
Still not sure which to book? From heritage to boutique browse through our list of the best places to stay in Shekhawati to start to plan your trip. Alternatively you can check out all our Rajasthan recommendations, or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.