- ✓ Best selection
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Aeolian Islands
Best Hotels in Aeolian Islands
La Salina Borgo di Mare 24 rooms from $86Salina, Aeolian Islands
A lovely traditional sea-facing hotel. Rustic chic bedrooms with white washed walls, stone floors, and private terraces. Terraces dotted around the property, perfect for a day in the sun. A romantic spot.Views - Great views over the surrounding islandsOn the beach - Private beach exclusively for the use of hotel guestsRemote - Off the beaten track.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
La Locanda del Postino 10 rooms from $107Salina, Aeolian Islands
Rustic hillside hotel with fabulous views. Rooms and family suites simply decorated with private balconies and hammocks. Delicious breakfast and a great wine list. Ideal for families.Views - Enjoy spectacular sunsets from this unique location inside the Aeolian islands' oldest craterFamiliesGroupsBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Recommended by - Sawdays
Mamma Santina 17 rooms from $118Salina, Aeolian Islands
A lovely 3 star hotel on the sea front. Traditional rooms with stone floors, cast iron beds, and private balconies, some with hot tubs. Lovely pool, restaurant, bar and scented gardens. A peaceful spot.Views - Great views from hotelGreat walks - Hike up Salina's extinct volcanoSwimming Pool - Outdoor Pool with JacuzziPrivate Hot Tub
Hotel Signum 26 rooms from $160Salina, Aeolian Islands
A gorgeous country house in the sleepy village of Malfa. Wonderful sea views from renovated farm buildings surrounded by citrus groves. Room and suites in creams and whites with stone floors and elegant furniture. Excellent spa and authentic cuisine. A gourmet spa spot for an active holiday.Views - Great views from hotelSpa breaksFoodiesSpa - Natural hot springs feed the outdoor wellness area
Hotel Raya 27 rooms from $192Panarea, Aeolian Islands
A very sophisticated island hotel meant for total relaxation, though there's sailing, diving and a nightclub. Chic rooms, suites, and a private villa all in white with attractive fabrics and private terraces. Spectacular views from the roof top restaurant. Romance on a peninsula.GroupsViews - Great views from hotelWellbeingTotal relaxationRecommended by - CN Traveller
Capofaro 18 rooms from $246Salina, Aeolian Islands
A minimalist concept resort on the sea front surrounded by vineyards and an old lighthouse. Sprawling white cottages make up beachy rooms and suites with private terraces and lounging areas. Fantastic pool and sun deck, really delicious food and lots to do on the sea. Relax, eat, sail, swim.Views - Across the vineyards and sea towards Panarea and StromboliWellbeingActive HolidayFoodiesRecommended by - I Escape
Therasia Resort 97 rooms from $447Vulcano, Aeolian Islands
A Five Star resort on the sea front with a fantastic spa and excellent restaurants. Rooms and suites in contemporary design, all in creams, with private balconies, some with private hot tubs and a pool. The perfect spot for total relaxation, family friendly too.Views - Stunning views over all the Aeolian IslandsFamilies - Suites sleep 4.Spa breaksWellbeingRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
About Aeolian Islands
The Aeolian Islands look as if they've been cast off the coast of Sicily and scattered by the wind - which is where the name comes from, Aeolus: the Greek keeper of the winds. A beautiful, but dangerous group of seven, the beautiful beaches and scenic vistas are home to active volcanoes and sulphurous mud. If you're looking for accommodation recommendations go straight to our guru's list of the best places to stay in the Aeolian Islands. Otherwise here are the highlights of four islands and some of the best places to stay in the Aeolian Islands to enjoy them.
Most visitors to the islands arrive on Lipari, of the postcard-perfect beaches, clear waters and trekking trails to a wealth of archaeological sites. One of the best places to stay in the Aeolian Islands for swimmers who want to explore by water, there is also plenty to see here on land, including a reconstructed Norman church and the Greek and Roman ruins of the Diana District Archaeological Park.
- If you're looking for five star relaxation, one of the best places to stay in the Aeolian islands is the Therasia Resort. On its own, right by the sea, this resort has a fantastic spa and excellent restaurants. There's a good choice of accommodation, from simple cream rooms with private balconies, to suites with private hot tubs. Definitely the place to book if you want to pamper your whole family!
Salina's landscape is more lush than the other islands, thanks to her numerous freshwater springs. Especially verdant are her twin volcanic craters, Monte die Porri and Monte Fossa della Felci, which fill with wildflowers in season. The dramatic cliff-scapes help to make this one of the best places to stay in the Aeolian Islands for walkers.
- If you're looking for something fresh and unique, we'd recommend Capofaro. This minimalist concept resort is all about the spectacular views across the sea to Panarea and Stromboli, fabulous food and seafaring activities. All in a simple whitewashed package of individual cottages. Eat, swim, sail, play tennis, learn to cook, relax. This is definitely also one of the best places to stay in the Aeolian Islands for foodies.
- Another unusual accommodation option is La Locanda del Postino, located inside one of the island's craters. The views here are even more spectacular than at sea level, so this is one of the best places to stay in the Aeolian Islands for enjoying the sunset. All the private balconies are equipped with a hammock.
- The Aeolian Islands can be pretty busy in summer, but this is still a relatively fresh destination. So there are still some opportunities to find budget options, the La Salina Borgo di Mare being one of the best places to stay in the Aeolian Islands for those watching their wallets. Right on the sea, this traditional hotel has a rustic chic. And with its private terraces dotted around the property it's also one of the best places to stay in the Aeolian Islands if you're looking for somewhere romantic.
Stromboli & Vulcano
While beautiful, the island of Vulcano smells very sulphuric, so it's probably not one of the best places to stay in the Aeolian Islands. It's an excellent place to visit: the landscape is tranquil and unspoiled and the therapeutic mud baths are revitalising.
But, if you're looking for a holiday with volcanic edge, Stromboli is definitely your man. The youngest of the Aeolian volcanoes, Stromboli still spits gas and liquid magma from its craters, and the most recent dramatic eruption was in 2007…
The fascinating caves below the island's surface also make this one of the best places to stay in the Aeolian Islands for divers.
Only 3kms long and 2kms wide, Panarea is the most exclusive island of the lot. And the best place to stay in the Aeolian Islands if you want to be seen. The marina is loaded with the luxury yachts of the island's guests, but there's also space for the ferry which brings in the day trippers.
- If you're looking for a sophisticated destination, one of the best places to stay in the Aeolian Islands is the Hotel Raya. As well as the sailing and diving you might expect, this hotel also has its own nightclub and a rooftop restaurant.