- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Book Now
Search the best hotels in Gardone Riviera
About Gardone Riviera
Gardone Riviera was once one of the most glittering and glamorous resorts on Lake Garda, with its perfect views augmented with beautiful villas and elegant Belle Epoque hotels sloping up the hill like an amphitheatre of prettiness. And these villas and hotels are still some of the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera.
Our Gurus' other top criteria when recommending the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera are the lake views. And you might be surprised that you can find some of the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera starting from less than £70 per night, so it’s significantly more affordable than in its 19th Century heyday.
In the historic centre of town is a lively piazza with cafes and bars, plus a charming chapel. But one of the nicest things about Gardone Riviera are the beautiful gardens, which display all the best of Lake Garda’s vegetation plus some Mediterranean and sub-tropical guests which thrive under the sunshine and warm microclimate. Many of the villas and hotels have lovely gardens, but Gardone Riviera also has some formal botanical gardens and several parks lining its elegant waterfront boulevard.
The Vittoriale degli Italiani, once the home of the poet Gabriele d’Annunzio, and the A. Hruska Botanical Gardens are probably the town’s main sights, but there’s plenty to do in, around and on the lake.
All the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera get very busy during the busy summer months, so if you're planning a trip, remember to book well in advance.
- The Villa Fiordaliso is a grand 19th Century Liberty-style villa with beautiful, historic interiors and a gourmet restaurant. There are just five rooms, which are traditional but timeless, and all with beautiful views of the lake. There’s also Michelin starred dining and lovely gardens and terraces.
- Dimora Bolsone is a stylish, ten room B&B in a converted medieval manor house. Quiet and secluded, you get views over the whole area from the house’s position above the town, plus there’s a lovely garden and simple rooms with nice antiques and objets.
- Hotel Villa Rosenhof is perfect for those who want a quiet break - with just two rooms, there'll be hardly anyone else around to disturb you. Plus you can use a partner hotel's facilities including lake side pool.
- The Villa del Sogno is another luxury option for couples. It enjoys a gorgeous lakeside position, beautiful gardens, gourmet restaurant, wellness area and no children are allowed!
- Bella Riva is a beautifully positioned hotel with 23 contemporary rooms and suites. There’s also an excellent restaurant and bar and a very nice pool. And the hotel has great watersports facilities, which means it’s a great choice for families.
- Villa Vittoria is a charming eight roomed property with a plum lake side spot. Rooms are spacious, the gardens lush and there's an outside pool for those who can't be bothered to move! Perfect for families or groups (you can rent the whole place if you like).
- Osteria Antico Brolo is a gorgeous little restaurant with rooms. Chic rooms and suites with original features and a contemporary feel. Plus the on site restaurant for delicious dinners. And it's great value too!
For great value
- Situated in the hills just above Gardone Riviera, you won't find anything better value than B&B Big Sur. Its three rooms are simple yet stylish and prices start from as little as €60 B&B. And for adventurous types, there are both hang gliding and paragliding opportunities on site.
- The Locanda Agli Angeli is a charming restaurant with nine romantic rooms - some with four-poster beds. The decor is simple, think whitewashed walls and exposed beams. And there’s a small pool. Rooms start from around £70 per night.
- Originally built for the imperial family, the Grand Hotel Fasano is an historic grand hotel in a privileged lakeside position. The architecture is romantic with fairytale turrets and lovely details, but its private terraces, pebbly beach, spa and tennis courts mean it’s also a good choice for families. The 76 rooms start from around £100 per night.
- For the increasing number of us who want to go on holiday to get healthy, the Villa Paradiso should tick all the right boxes. It's a luxury option with beautiful rooms, gourmet (healthy) cuisine and all treatments and therapies included in the price.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Gardone Riviera for you?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera,
- expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda,
- search our Guru’s list of the best luxury hotels on Lake Garda,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Gardone Riviera
B&B Big Sur 3 rooms from $69Gardone Riviera
A charming bed and breakfast in the hills above Lake Garda. Three simple, stylish, homely bedrooms (one with shared bathroom). Great for families or groups of friends. Lots of outdoor activities nearby and just a short drive to the Lake. A great value hideaway off the beaten track.Less £ - With doubles from as little as €60 per night including breakfast, it is exceptional value for money.Sights nearby - Visit Verona for the dayHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Secluded setting - For escaping.
Osteria Antico Brolo 4 rooms from $80Gardone Riviera
Gorgeous restaurant with rooms in Gardone Riviera. Enter through a charming courtyard with arched stone gateways and traditional oak doors. Chic all-white bedrooms and suites with exposed beams complemented with period furnishings. Eat delicious dinners at the on site osteria. A perfect base!Value chic - Seriously good value with standard rooms from only €70 per night B&B.Local exploring - A chic base for exploring Gardone Riviera and Lake GardaSailing - Spend a day sailing on Lake GardaSights nearby - The town of Gardone Riviera
Locanda Agli Angeli 9 rooms from $91Gardone Riviera
Charming restaurant with rooms near to Lake Garda. Romantic bedrooms have four poster beds, white linens, wooden beams, and white washed walls. The restaurant serves excellent local food and there's also a small pool. Excellent value, family friendly.Value chicFour poster beds - For romantics.Views - Great views from hotelGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Villa Vittoria 8 rooms from $97Gardone Riviera (Lake Garda)
This graceful villa set in a garden of palm trees and neat lakeside lawns has modern, elegant accommodation. Eight large bedrooms, with chic white interiors, beamed ceilings, & wooden floors dotted with persian rugs. Spacious living areas and communal breakfast. A stylish stay and good for groups.Local exploring - A stylish base from which to explore Lake GardaSailing - Sailing on Lake GardaSurfing - Kite SurfingViews - Great views from hotel
Grand Hotel Fasano 76 rooms from $137Gardone Riviera
An historic grand hotel originally built for the imperial family. Its privileged lakeside position and romantic architecture make it the ideal spot for a honeymoon or romantic holiday. Fairytale turrets, terraces, private pebble beach, spa, tennis court and sumptuous rooms. Heavenly.Romantic - You couldn't stay in a more fairytale setting on the lake's edge.Views - Stunning views over the lake.Lakeside - On the edge of Lake Garda.Romantic Break
Hotel Villa Rosenhof 2 rooms from $146Gardone Riviera (Lake Garda)
This charming peach coloured lakeside villa has two comfortable suites with sitting area, country views and all the mod cons. Enjoy access to a swimming pool overlooking the lake with a large sun terrace and take buffet breakfast at the partner hotel 50 yards down the road.Local exploring - Well located for exploring Gardone Riviera and the surrounding area.Great walks - The Andre Heller Botanic GardenSights nearby - Teatro del VittorialeSailing - Sailing on Lake Garda
Dimora Bolsone 10 rooms from $206Gardone Riviera
Stylish bed-and-breakfast in restored medieval manor house with breathtaking views high above the town. Lovely garden, simply styled rooms full of antiques and objets. Quiet, secluded, a good base, set in a nature park with wonderful hikes.Romantic Break - Pools with a view, romantic al fresco dining and gorgeous suitesSights nearby - Next door to Vittoriale Degli Italiani, the last magnificent home of poet Gabriele DíAnnunzioGreat walks - Maps available. Walks suitable for all from gentle strolls to more adventurous hikes.Views - View over Lake Garda
Bella Riva 23 rooms from $217Gardone Riviera
Dreamily positioned with views over Lake Garda. Contemporary, but still classic, hotel with fabulous rooms and suites, excellent restaurant, bar and pool. Fantastic watersports and activities. A great choice for families, an outdoor holiday, or a romantic break.Lakeside - Direct access on to Lake GardaActive HolidayViews - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Hotel Villa del Sogno 35 rooms from $224Gardone Riviera
An elegant five star villa surrounded by beautiful, manicured gardens on the edge of Lake Garda with outdoor swimming pool and tennis court on site. A choice of two restaurants - relaxed outdoor terrace or smart fine dining. Bedrooms are traditional and stylish with high ceilings and large windows.Views - Wonderful views from its lakeside locationSwimming Pool - Outdoor salt water poolSailing - Lake GardaLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Villa Fiordaliso 5 rooms from $22925083 Gardone Riviera
Very romantic and grand late 19th century, Liberty-style villa with historic interiors and gourmet food. Timeless, traditional rooms with antiques, lakeside views, and lovely gardens and terrace. Michelin starred dining. Intimate and refined.Sights nearby - Vittoriale degli italiani the architecturally fascinating hillside estate in the town is only a 15 minute walk away.Great walks - Plenty of scenic walking routes on the property grounds and surrounding countryside.Sailing - Rent a boat and head out on the lake, the perfect way to explore the shore.Views - Stunning views over Lake GardaRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Fodors
Villa Paradiso 35 rooms from $440Gardone Riviera (Lake Garda)
A relaxation and well-being destination of choice - Villa Paradiso offers 7 day bespoke clinical treatment programs. Warm and elegant bedrooms are designed in a contemporary style that complements the traditional Italian country house. A grand hallway entrance and chic fine dining.Spa breaks - Bespoke spa and detox retreatTotal relaxationSights nearby - Spend a day in the beautiful city of VeronaSailing - Sail on Lake GardaRecommended by - Tablet