- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Gargnano
Best Hotels in Gargnano
B&B Loggia Marti 4 rooms from $94Gargnano (Lake Garda)
A gorgeous seventeenth-century house in the heart of a tiny village made of narrow alleys and olive groves overlooking Lake Garda. The four bedrooms are clever mix of contemporary design and period features. A grown up, great value, laid back home from home, ideal for exploring the region.Value chic - This B&B respresents excellent value for money with lovely rooms from just €90 per night including breakfast.Local exploring - The property is ideally located for exploring the gorgeous Lake GardaGreat walks - Parco regionale dell'Alto Garda BrescianoSights nearby - Visit Verona for the day
Villa Sostaga 19 rooms from $136Gargnano
Surrounded by 40 acres and overlooking Lake Garda, this charming villa was once an old hunting lodge. The bedrooms have a unique homely feel with antique furniture and are all individually named. Enjoy the elegant art nouveau dining room which gives a refined noble feel to this charming retreat.Local exploring - A charming spot from which to explore the delights of Lake GardaViews - From its elevated position you get fab views over Lake GardaSwimming Pool - Large outdoor pool and terrace with lovely lake viewsLocal markets - Visit Gargnano which has many charming shops.Recommended by - Sawdays
Villa Giulia 23 rooms from $329Gargnano
Handsome Victorian villa right on the water's edge. Light and airy bedrooms with original decorative flourishes and antiques. Fragrant gardens sloping down to the lakeside. Its unassuming and sophisticated charm transports one to another time.Literary - DH Lawrence stayed on the lake for months at a time and would write the final version of Sons and Lovers here.Great walks - The beautifully maintained gardens are a feast for the senses with bougainvillea, climbing roses, olive and lemon trees.Sights nearby - Gargnano, one of the few villages on the Lake that still maintains its original structures, is only one km away.Views - Magnificent Lakeside views
Lefay Resort & Spa 90 rooms from $416Gargnano
Spectacular spa resort overlooking Lake Garda from its hilltop perch. Rooms and suites in contemporary design with private hot tubs and sun decks. Excellent organic restaurant, swimming pools, meditation gardens and parklands for roaming. Designed for total relaxation.Views - Spectacular views over Lake Garda.Swimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolsRomantic BreakTotal relaxationRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
Villa Feltrinelli 21 rooms from $992Gargnano
Ultimate luxury lakeside hotel in an historic house. Like staying in a private home, full of aristocratic heritage, with restored interiors and antiques, beautiful fabrics and paintings. Gourmet dining, a perfect honeymoon escape for those that can afford it.Romantic Break - The ultimate treat for yourself and a loved oneGreat walks - Plenty of scenic walking routes nearbySwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor Heated PoolSights nearby - Verona just 1 hour awayRecommended by - Kiwi Collection, Fodors
Small and picturesque, Gargnano’s slightly awkward position on Lake Garda, nestled with its back right into the mountains, means that it’s escaped the worst kinds of tourism development and is still a charming hamlet. The marina is still small, and most of the shops and restaurants are within a few hundred metres of the waterfront. Some of our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Gargnano are ‘in’ town, but the majority of the best places to stay in Gargnano have been converted from stunning aristocratic villas which surround the town, offering views of both the lake and the mountains.
Quiet Gargnano has narrow, winding streets, dating from medieval times, and a large church - considering the size of the town. Gargnano also has a former convent of St. Francis and an impressive town hall built in 1581. The surrounding land is taken up with fragrant gardens, orchards, and olive groves, many lined with historic stone walls. And it’s been quite a wealthy, comfortable place, hence the number of beautiful villas now converted to hotels.
Part of the pleasure of visiting Gargnano is the feeling of having a pocket of the lake to your self. There are plenty of walking trails around, and it’s worth strolling over to Bogliaco to see their church, home to some exceptional 5th Century artefacts and some notable paintings, and to the nearby Villa Fletrinelli, which is where Mussolini lived during the period of the Republic of Salò.
Our pick of the best places stay in Gargnano range from an elegant B&B to no-holes-barred, top notch luxury!
For a chic B&B
- Situated in a tiny village above the lake, you'll find the charming B&B Loggia Marti. The four bedrooms are super stylish and cleverly blend the traditional with the contemporary. And it's exceptional value. Doubles start from just €90 per night including breakfast.
For the views
- Converted from an old hunting lodge, the Villa Sostaga is now a 19 room hotel, surrounded by 40 beautiful, green acres overlooking Lake Garda. A homey atmosphere and some very nice antiques make this a peaceful retreat with plenty of charm.
- The Lefay Resort & Spa is a spectacular spa resort overlooking Lake Garda. There are 90 contemporary rooms and suites, some with private hot tubs and sun decks, plus there are indoor and outdoor pools, an excellent organic restaurant, a meditation garden and beautiful parklands.
For lakeside luxury
- The Villa Giulia is a handsome Victorian villa right on the water’s edge with 23 light, airy bedrooms and some lovely original decorations. Between the villa and the lake are beautiful, fragrant gardens. The villa is peaceful and the views are spectacular.
- The Villa Feltrinelli is another beautiful aristocratic villa conversion, with 21 rooms boasting restored interior and antiques, beautiful fabrics and paintings. There’s also a Michelin starred restaurant.