- ✓ Check Prices and book online
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Montepulciano
Best Hotels in Montepulciano
Follonico 6 rooms from $155Torrita di Siena, Tuscany
Charmingly rustic B&B in the Tuscan hills. Superb views, simple rooms, great value. An ideal spot to explore the Tuscan landscape from.Value chicGreat walks - Scenic walking tracks very close bySights nearby - Only 5km from MontepulcianoViews - Great views from hotel
Fattoria San Martino 4 rooms from $192Montepulciano
A simple, rustic and stylishly renovated 18th century home. Totally eco friendly, they used limewash, beeswax and stone for construction, and the restaurant serves all vegetarian/vegan food. Elegant and eclectic rooms with chandeliers and incredible views of the Tuscan countryside.Writing a novel - A tranquil and serene space in which to allow your creativity to flow- no wifi, so listen to the birds and look at the flowers!Value chic - Well-priced rooms and a healthy breakfast is included. The apartments come with an oven, dishwasher and refrigerator.Eco break - The owners are 'ambassadors' of green thinking and organic farming. All meals are homegrown and biodynamic.Sights nearby - The interesting town of Lucca is close by and is worth exploring for its churches and monastries.Recommended by - Sawdays
Villa Poggiano 14 rooms from $229Montepulciano (Tuscany)
After years of restoration current owners have returned this villa to its former glory. In 6 hectares of parkland it has rural views of the medieval town of Montepulciano. Exposed beams, terracotta floors and large windows feature in the rooms. Cuisine is local and cooking classes are available.Cooking classes - The hotel offers cooking classes so you can take home some of their local secrets.Local markets - If your stay falls on a Thursday head to Montepulciano’s vibrant market.Sights nearby - The impressive Cathedral of Pienza is well worth a visit.Great walks - Walk to the medieval town of Montepulciano.
Locanda di San Francesco 4 rooms from $213Montepulciano Siena, Tuscany
A small hotel and restaurant in a charming hilltown. Four rustic chic bedrooms with fabulous views, excellent gourmet restaurant, and lots to do in the surrounding area from wine tasting to local music festivals.FoodiesSights nearby - Located in the centre of historic MontepulcianoViews - Wonderful views across the Val d'OrciaGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotelito Lupaia 8 rooms from $288Torrita di Siena, Tuscany
An eccentric and luxurious Tuscan villa with stunning views. Rooms with fruit pastel colours lacquered on stone walls, wooden beams, four poster beds, and stone floors. Lovely terraces, pool, and delicious organic food. A romantic choice.Romantic BreakSights nearby - A great base for visiting Florence, Siena, Pienza and CortonaSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool with panoramic viewsViews - Great views from hotel
Podere Dionara 6 rooms from $298Montepulciano, Tuscany
Delightful stone country house B&B surrounded by farmland with undulating views. Rustic chic rooms with four posted beds, some with private garden terraces. Lovely breakfast room and swimming pool. A refined and elegant spot for a wedding or a group holiday.GroupsWeddingsSights nearby - Just outside MontepulcianoCooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - I Escape
Many of Tuscany's hilltop towns are extremely charming. With medieval buildings separated by narrow, cobbled streets leading up to impressive fortresses. And many of these towns are also located in mouth-wateringly lush wine producing areas. But not all of them are as well endowed, both with beauty or vineyards, as Montepulciano. The best places to stay in Montepulciano are perfect bases for both soaking up the culture of the area and indulging in its delicious food and wines.
On the architecture and scenery side some of the main attractions - not including the drive up - are:
⁃ the main square,
⁃ the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta (for the art),
⁃ the 16th Century church of Santa Maria della Grazie,
⁃ and the Sanctuary of the Madonna di San Biagio.
But the town bursts with good examples of this-or-that architecture - from the Etruscan of the original fort to the Gothic and Renaissance designs commissioned for the town once it came under the rule of Florence in the 13th Century.
For the beauty
- If you're looking for a romantic place to stay to soak up the beauty of the area, one of the best places to stay in Montepulciano is the Hotelito Lupaia. Eccentric and luxurious, this eight room property has amazing views from the lovely terraces and pool.
- Follonico is a charmingly rustic B&B in the Tuscan hills, and one of the best places to stay in Montepulciano if you're looking for a country escape. No frills, but beautiful in a farmhouse-y way, this is also an excellent choice for those on a budget.
For the wine
The main thing to remember when quaffing in Montepulciano is not to confuse the wines made on these local hills for those made of the grape called Montepulciano. These share the name by necessity, but the locals don't take kindly to folks who don't know the difference.
Vino Nobile is the one you're looking for. And the one you should rely on to recover your strength after you've traipsed up and down the hill all day visiting the vineyards and tasting houses.
- If you want the wonderful flavours of Vino Nobile Montepulciano accompanied by the wonderful flavours of Tuscan food then the Locanda di San Francesco is ideal. It's also our recommendation if you want to be in the centre of town close to the top of the hill. The hotel has four rooms, fabulous views and an excellent gourmet restaurant.
- The Podere Dionara is one of the best places to stay in Montepulciano if you're looking for a romantic, rural spot. It also produces its own wine and has a sommelier on hand for either a casual wine tasting or a more structured course in the art! Stunning in that square, Tuscan way, Podere Dionara is small enough to feel private, but large enough to accommodate a small wedding.
Still not sure which to choose? Browse though our list of all the best places to stay in Montepulciano, or call, or email, one of our gurus for advice. Alternatively, widen the net and check out all our recommendations in Tuscany.