- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Lithuania
Best Hotels in Lithuania
- (10 hotels) Vilnius hotels
Vilnius Grand Resort 192 rooms from $50Nr Vilnius
A large contemporary hotel just 20 minutes from central Vilnius, surrounded by pine forests and two magnificent lakes. A host of activities including a championship golf course, indoor pool and indulgent spa. A selection of bars and restaurants. Impressive banqueting halls. A convenient city escape.Private dining room - Banqueting halls for special occasions, including weddingsSights nearby - 20 mins away is Vilnius and its ample historic landmarks, art galleries and museumsGreat walks - Walk around the lake and through the pine and birch forests surrounding the hotelViews - Magnificent views over the lake
Atrium Hotel 28 rooms from $67Vilnius
A renovated 16th century building reworked in a contemporary refurb. Simple rooms decorated in neutral tones with wooden beams and sloping ceilings giving them a loft like feel. A rustic restaurant offers Argentinian dishes and a great wine list to boot. Excellently located for exploring the city.City Style - Excellently located to take advantage of the cultural sights and lively evening scene in the Old TownSights nearby - An array of sights are within walking distance including the Gediminas Tower and Cathedral Square
All our Lithuania collections:
Stationed on the Baltic outposts of Europe, Lithuania is anything but backwater. Proud of its heritage, Lithuania loves a good national celebration, and it's got plenty of natural, historic, artistic and architectural assets to show off about. And most of the best places to stay in Lithuania are well placed to make the most of all it has to offer.
Once Lithuania had an empire which stretched all the way to the Black Sea, then it vanished from the map as it was swallowed whole by the USSR, but now this rebellious powerhouse is back, and a fully fledged, national flag waving member of the EU and of NATO.
Tiny Vilnius has a spire-topped UNESCO listed old heart, but is also known as a hardcore clubbing scene. So for many this perfect city-break destination is one of the best places to stay in Lithuania. And that's the kind of unexpected contradiction which makes Lithuania such a quirky, vibrant destination.
Lithuania sits on the knife edge between political powers and has suffered throughout history, being pushed and pulled by the Soviets and the Nazis, but it has a very clear national identity, and a tradition of religious harmony unheard of in the region. This dramatic history might be a surprise for some visitors, but it's certainly worth delving into.
- The medieval capital, Kernave is now a World Heritage Listed archaeological site;
- the beautifully restored Trakai Island Castle, which sits on an island, was once an important stronghold in the days of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania;
- and of course there's Vilnius, with its mix of Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque and Neoclassical architecture, its 65 churches, and seemingly endless list of cultural sights.
But there's much to recommend in the countryside too:
- The Moletai Lakeland is a region of 200 different sized lakes, dotted with charming little resorts;
- the Curonian Spit is famous for its white beaches backed by magical sand dunes and seaboard forests concealing fascinating old villages;
- but if you're looking for perfect beaches its the seaside resort of Palanga you'll want.
It's also worth seeking out Lithuania's oddities, its Hill of Witches, decorated with sculptures from the land's myths and legends, and the Hill of Crosses, where over one hundred thousand crosses have been contributed, by the faithful, and the wonderfully vintage 19th Century spa town of Druskininkai.
For a city break
- The Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square offers five star luxury in the heart of beautiful Vilnius.
- Grybas House Hotel is a cosy 10 room guesthouse in Vilnius's old town, just minutes from museum, galleries, shops and bars.
- The Atrium Hotel is a good reasonably priced hotel converted to contemporary standards from a 16th Century house.
- Grotthuss Hotel has been converted from traditional houses on a narrow, medieval street, into a comfortable design hotel.
For complete escape
- The Mabre Residence is a more traditional mansion, converted into a 40 room hotel, complete with beauty spa.
- Le Meridien Vilnius is surrounded by pine forests and close to two magnificent lakes, so it's perfect for people who find being physically active relaxing
For something unique
- The Narutis Hotel is beautifully decorated with frescoes and gothic vaults, and its rooms have Turkish baths and jacuzzis. Quite something, and well located in the old town.
- Shakespeare Hotel - it's true, totally themed for the Bard, and other literary greats. Why? No one knows, but it's stylish with its themes, and well located for the highlights of Vilnius, without being too touristy.
- The Stikliai Hotel is charming bordering eccentric, with an excellent restaurant and rich decor.