- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in High Atlas
Best Hotels in High Atlas
Dar Adrar 8 rooms from $29Aroumd, High Atlas
A simple and charmingly rustic guesthouse perched in the High Atlas mountains above Imlil.Great walks - Ideal base if you're climbing Mt Toubkal. Owner can arrange guided walks of the area.Hideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Remote - Off the beaten track.Views - Great views from hotel
Douar Samra 8 rooms from $49High Atlas
A wonderful, simple yet comfortable, guesthouse in the heart of the High Atlas. Magnificent scenery, exquisite rooms, respect for the community. The warmest of welcomes and an excellent base for walking or heading to the hills.Great walks - In the heart of the Toubkal National ParkRemote - Off the beaten track.Views - Great views from hotelFull of character
Domaine de la Roseraie 42 rooms from $93Ouirgane, High Atlas
Traditional hotel in the foothills of the Atlas mountains. Large, unpretentious bedrooms with traditional Moroccan features set scattered through exotic gardens. Lovely swimming pool and seasonal cooking. A spa and hammam to completely unwind in. Ideal for nature lovers.Romantic Break - The hotel offers couples massages and Hammam sessions plus romantic dinner for two on your first night.Active Holiday - Ideally situated to explore the Atlas Mountains either on foot or on horseback.Great walks - Take a walk around the 60 acres of rose filled parkland the hotel sits in.Secluded setting - For escaping.
Kasbah Angour 25 rooms from $120High Atlas
Gorgeous Berber castle in foothills of the Atlas Mountains. Superb panoramic views, suites with traditional Moroccan materials and locally made furniture. Beautiful gardens, a large swimming pool and wonderful local excursions. A relaxing spot to recoup in after a day of activity.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Views - Great views from hotelGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Kasbah Bab Ourika 10 rooms from $157Ourika, High Atlas
A stunning escape in the foothills of the Atlas mountains less than an hour from Marrakech. With staggering mountain views - this is the perfect place for enthusiastic trekkers as well as those who want to relax.Exclusive offer - Eco friendly breakLuxuryGreat walks - In the national park and the Atlas MountainsViews - Spectacular views to the Atlas MountainsSwimming Pool - Outdoor Pool
Kasbah du Toubkal 17 rooms from $167Atlas Mountains, High Atlas
An eco-friendly resort perched on the side of the Atlas Mountains. The rooms range from economy dorms to luxurious havens. Moroccan chic decor with exposed wood beams, whitewash walls and bright fabrics. Indescribable views. The delicious food and lovely hosts seal the deal.Exclusive offerActive Holiday - This is the perfect spot to set off on a once ina lifetime trekking experience, not for the faint hearted!Trekking - This is trekking country- Choose from the Flexible 6-day trekking package or the 2-day ascent of Toubkal.Eco break - it employs locals, funds the Village Association and has won a Green Globe for sustainable tourism.Child friendly - Plenty of activities on and off site.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Johansens
Kasbah Tamadot 28 rooms from $551Asni, High Atlas
Richard Branson's exclusive Moroccan hideaway. The ultimate luxury break - 5-star spa, undulating rose gardens, celestial valley views from its hilltop perch, gourmet feasts. Want for nothing in this Atlas heaven.Active Holiday - With a range of trekking options from north Africa's highest peak Jbel Toubkal to a gentle hike down the river to Asni village.Honeymoons - Romantic suites with wonderful views, charming touches and private dining.Swimming Pool - Infinity pool with stunning viewsHills & mountainsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
About High Atlas
All our High Atlas collections:
Morocco's High Atlas mountains rise green out of the desert, dotted with traditional stone Berber villages. The highest mountain range in North Africa, this spectacular region is a real playground for adventurers. The High Atlas's 1000kms of mountain range is criss crossed with walking or biking trails, and there are some wonderful paddling opportunities. There's even some skiing. All the best places to stay in the High Atlas will be able to advise you of the best outdoor adventures around.
The High Atlas is where you'll find the purest forms of Berber culture, in the tiny villages clinging to the mountains. Aït-Benhaddou, with its mud brick buildings is one of the best known - probably because of its World Heritage Status. Amizmiz is another well known town, this time it's probably because it has one of the largest Berber souks in the area.
If you're here for an adventure Jebel Toubkal is probably the biggest. It's both one of the highest mountains in North Africa, and a very achievable summit - it can be done in two or three days. You don't need a permit to climb the mountain and it's relatively easy to find an excellent guide - and very possible to 'go it alone'. Better not to attempt the climb in summer.
The Hotel Guru's pick of the best places to stay in the High Atlas Mountains range from a simple guesthouse, perfect for trekkers on a budget, to the uber luxury of Richard Branson's exclusive retreat in the hills.
To experience Berber culture
- Traditional and comfortable, the Kasbah Bab Ourika is eco-friendly and with a Berber feel. Traditional 'rammed earth' walls surround rose-filled courtyards and there's a gorgeous terrace and pool. Plus there's plenty to do in the staggeringly beautiful surrounding countryside. And all this is only 45minutes from Marrakech.
- The Domaine de la Roseraie is a rural paradise in the foothills of the High Atlas. It's surrounded by wonderful trekking country, but it's also a great place to unwind. The altitude, 1000 meters above sea level, means it's cool in summer, and tucked away in a valley, it's also mild in winter.
For easy access to Mt. Toubkal
- Kasbah du Toubkal is one of the best places to stay in the High Atlas if you're planning an assault on Mt. Toubkal. This haven for walkers and trekkers offers a wonderful eco-friendly back-to-nature experience. And, if you're feeling worn out with all the guided walking, then relax in the hammam or or with a mint tea on the roof terrace.
- Dar Adrar is a simple guesthouse within the Toubkal National Park, but still only an hours drive from Marrakech. In a lovely little Berber village with spectacular views of the mountains, this is the kind of place where the hot water may not always come on demand, but the grand breakfasts and excellent tagines will make up for it.
- Gorgeous Berber castle, Kasbah Angour is the Moroccan equivalent of a country house hotel, with 25 rooms, two suites and a decent restaurant. The views over the High Atlas foothills are spectacular, there's a beautiful garden and a huge swimming pool.
- If you're looking for proper five star luxury, look no further than the Kasbah Tamadot. Owned by Richard Branson, these 28 rooms are exclusive and very luxurious, providing their guests with every bohemian, opulent comfort, and also ballooning, trekking, a hammam and spa, yoga classes, cooking classes, golf, tennis, birdwatching and mule rides.