- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Waiheke Island
Best Hotels in Waiheke Island
Waiheke Island Resort 25 rooms from $143Waiheke Island
Chic apartments and studios with kitchen facilities on Waiheke Island, five minutes from Palm Beach. Spacious rooms, modern furnishings and private outdoor seating areas with sea views. With a bar, restaurant, pool, hot tub, tennis court and conference facilities. For a relaxing island getaway.Birdwatching - Endangered kiwiGreat walks - Good for walkers.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Dellows Waiheke from $147Waiheke Island
Self-contained accommodation set on eight acres in the heart of Waiheke Island's wine region. Rooms elegant and comfortable, with private outdoor terraces. Has its own boutique winery and distillery, and ten minute walk to Onetangi Beach. Great for families and groups.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Great walks - Good for walkers.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
Enclosure Bay 3 rooms from $231Waiheke Island
Bright, modern and comfortable boutique B&B on Waiheke Island with panoramic stunning views of the Hauraki Gulf and its islands. Rooms have air conditioning and private terraces, plus an outdoor spa pool. Close to wineries, walks and marine life. You may even see dolphin or orca from your suite.Views - Panoramic views of the Hauraki Gulf and its islandsSwimming Pool - Outdoor spa poolFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Kayaking - Available locally.
Te Whau Lodge from $293Waiheke Island
Contemporary boutique lodge with panoramic views across Putiki Bay. Rooms modern, elegant, light and spacious. Fresh breakfast from ingredients grown in garden. With an outdoor hot tub, library and open fireplaces. Close to wineries, beaches and great walks.Views - Overlooking Putiki BaySailing - Can be booked nearby.Back to NatureHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.
Breakfast on the Beach Lodge 4 rooms from $387Waiheke Island
Boutique B&B on Waiheke Island off the coast of Auckland. Four clean, bright and spacious rooms with fresh flowers and wide sea views. Courtyard garden with hammocks and seating areas. Use of kayaks. Great island location.Views - Of Gulf HarbourKayaking - Free accessSwimming Pool - Spa poolRestrictions on children
The Boatshed from $407Waiheke Island
Luxury coastal boutique hotel by Oneroa beach on Waiheke Island. Rooms have whitewashed walls, nautical themed furnishings and panoramic views across the bay. Wineries and art galleries nearby. All beach gear provided.On the beach - Sits above white sandy beach of OneroaViews - Panoramic ocean viewsSailing - Can be booked nearby.SpaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors
Hei Matau Lodge from $458Waiheke Island
Charming and luxurious coastal lodge with warm, contemporary, modern sea-facing rooms. Friendly hosts, self-catered or B&B option, with swimming pool, kayaks, golf clubs and bicycles available for use. Free drop off and pick up in Oneroa. Great coastal and native bush walks from property gates.Great walks - Coastal and native bush walks from propertyViews - Uninterrupted sea viewsSwimming Pool - Infinity and spa poolRestrictions on children - No children under 12
Delamore Lodge from $825Waiheke Island
Boutique lodge with spectacular cliff top location overlooking Owhanake Bay. Modern and luxurious rooms with floor to ceiling windows, private courtyards and uninterrupted bay views. Close to wineries, olive oil tastings, scenic walks and unspoilt beaches. Ideal for a romantic getaway.Views - Overlooking Owhanake Bay out to Hauraki GulfSwimming Pool - Outdoor heated infinity poolSecluded setting - For escaping.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.
About Waiheke Island
Just 35 minutes away from the centre of Auckland by ferry, Waiheke Island is a warm, dry spot lined with beautifully golden sandy beaches, mysterious coves and rocky bays. The island has green credentials thanks to the hippies and artists who were once the main inhabitants, but these days it’s a desirable, and commutable, spot and the best places to stay on Waiheke Island include plenty of lovely modern lodges and B&Bs taking advantage of the incredible sea views.
Most of the island’s sandiest, most perfect beaches can be found on the ocean side, while the other coastline is rockier, lined with pretty bays and clear waters.
The interior is dotted with vineyards and olive groves, and with boutique wineries and olive presses. And with the wineries, and the wealthy commuters, has come the boutique-y restaurants, galleries and shops.
Waiheke Island has a small historic village, with several restored buildings and exhibitions revealing the island’s past.
This is also a great place for windsurfers, sea kayakers and fisher-folk.
The island is a hugely popular destination, so if you want to book one of the best places to stay in Waiheke Island, don't leave it till the last minute, you'll only be disappointed.
For a B&B
- Enclosure Bay is a bright, modern B&B with panoramic view over the Hauraki Gulf and its islands - you may even see a dolphin or an orca from your room. Each of the rooms has a private terrace, and there’s an outdoor spa pool.
- The Breakfast on the Beach Lodge is a four room B&B with wonderful sea views and a courtyard garden with hammocks and seating. They also let you use their kayaks
For a hot tub
- Te Whau Lodge is a boutique style lodge with large, airy rooms and panoramic views across Putiki Bay. There’s an outdoor hot tub, a library and open fireplaces, so this is a lovely spot in any season.
- The Waiheke Island Resort is a collection of chic, modern apartments and studios, all with kitchen facilities. You’re just five minutes from Palm Beach, and there’s plenty of outdoor seating, a pool, bar, restaurant, hot tub and tennis courts.
- Dellows Waiheke is another collection of self-catering apartments and cottages, this time set across eight acres in the heart of the island’s wine country, just ten minutes walk from Onetangi Beach. Each apartment has its own private outdoor space.
For a beach break
- Delamore Lodge is a boutique style lodge overlooking Owhanake Bay. The five rooms are modern and romantic, with floor to ceiling windows exposing the spectacular views. You’re not only close to unspoiled beaches, but also wineries and scenic strolling routes.
- The Boatshed is a luxury coastal retreat overlooking Oneroa Beach. A perfect spot for romantic but laid back beach style.
- Hei Matau Lodge is a charming lodge, right on the coast with modern, sea-facing rooms and great views. There’s a swimming pool, hot tub, kayaks, golf clubs and bikes available, plus a semi-prviate beach.
Still not sure which to book? Browse though our list of all the best places to stay on Waiheke Island, or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice. Or you can widen the net and check out all our North Island recommendations.