- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Costa Verde
Best Hotels in Costa Verde
Casa Melo Alvim 20 rooms from $84Viana do Castelo
A magnificent manor house close to the beach in the town centre. Simple but elegant rooms with white washed walls and antique furniture, some with private balconies and four poster beds. Lovely gardens and just a short walk to all the attractions. Great for families, beach goers and couples.Sights nearby - Praca da Republica, Castelo de Santiago da Barra, and Monte de Santa Luzia Basilica.Local markets - Good for local colour.Great walks - Good for walkers.Four poster beds - For romantics.
Casa do Rio Vez 4 rooms from $81Ponte de Lima
A gorgeous B&B mill house renovation with contemporary chic rooms and one self-catering apartment. Serene terraces on the river's edge, lovely gardens, and fishing on the river. A romantic choice, and great value.Views - Lovely river views.Value chicRomantic BreakRestrictions on children - Over 7s welcome.Recommended by - I Escape
Design and Wine Hotel 23 rooms from $84Carminha (Praça Conselheiro Silva Torres)
Situated on the banks of the Minho Estuary in Camhina this sustainably ecological hotel blends local heritage and modern design. The in-house gallery displays contemporary artworks from the surrounding areas and the restaurant serves up portuguese fare paired with distinctive regional wines.Sailing - The river estuary is a great place for boating enthusiastsGreat walks - Surrounding the hotel are beautiful mountains for hikingDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Pousada de Viana do Castelo 51 rooms from $100Viana do Castelo, Costa Verde
This 19th century, hilltop hotel boasts some of the world's finest panoramic views, over the Atlantic coast of Portugal. Be blown away by the port and sweeping beaches below. The rooms are beautifully decorated in neutral tones with comfortable furniture - and all have a balcony to enjoy the views.Views - Famous for its incredible panoramic delights - National Geographic calls it one of the world's finestSpa - There's a wellness area for massages and treatmentsSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool with a viewKayaking - Available locally.Recommended by - Tablet
Paco de Calheiros 15 rooms from $126Ponte de Lima
A stunning Portugese country house with beautiful gardens. Grand and elegant rooms and living spaces have paintings and antique furniture. The private villa has its own pool and tennis court. A great choice for families, avid gardeners, and couples.Families - The private villa has sleeps 10 and his its own tennis court and pool.Views - Beautiful valley views.Sights nearby - Dos Terceiros Museum, Arnado Theme Park, the Museum of Rural Ponte de Lima.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
About Costa Verde
All our Costa Verde collections:
- Best places to stay in Carminha
- Best places to stay in Viana do Castelo
- Best places to stay in the Costa Verde
Once you enter this region, on Portugal's northwest coast, you'll see where the name comes from - this land is a lush emerald green, producer of a bounty of delicious riches, and home to some astoundingly beautiful stretches of sandy, Atlantic coastline. The Costa Verde is also rich in historic and cultural treasures, and there's some charming architecture, and these elements are some of what makes the best place to stay on the Costa Verde stand out.
The Costa Verde's abundance has made it wealthy, and that's fuelled the building of beautiful manor houses, aristocratic palaces and grand civic buildings - you'll even find some impressive examples in some of the smaller towns.
The seaside resorts boast their own charms, and this stretch of coast has a number of beaches worth mentioning - Moledo, Apúlia, Fão and Vila Praia de Âncora. And inland is the Peneda-Gerês National Park, and many fertile valleys lined with vineyards and green farm land. And among its delicious specialities you'll find Vinho Verde, the slightly raw tasting white wine growing in popularity internationally, and here at least, drunk not from a glass, but from a clay bowl.
- Casa Melo Alvim is a magnificent manor house close to the beach, yet also right in the heart of Viana de Castelo, one of the prettiest town on the Costa Verde. The accommodation is simple, but elegant: think whitewashed walls and antiques, surrounded by lovely gardens, and there are just 20 rooms.
- Sitting above Viana de Castelo, near Ponte de Lima, Paco de Calheiros is a stunning Portuguese country house surrounded by beautiful gardens. Rooms are elegant and the public spaces quite grand, with beautiful paintings and antiques. There's a pool and a tennis court associated with the hotel and then a private villa which sleeps ten and has its own pool and tennis courts too.
- Casa do Rio Vez is a lovely, contemporary B&B which has been converted from a mill. There are three rooms and one self-catering apartment, all of which have terraces overlooking the river. And the whole property is surrounded by pretty gardens. Romantic and great value.