- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Selva
Selva is a small town in a very pretty part of rural Mallorca, in amongst the foothills of the Sierra de Tramuntana. This is a wonderful spot for walkers, or those looking for a peaceful base from which to explore the local towns. Guests will find that some of the best places to stay in Selva are also some of the best value fincas and hotels in the island's north west region.
The large holiday companies have skipped over Selva, so it's difficult to arrange transfers, and far better if you hire a car. That way you can drive out to the other local villages, and some amazing lookouts. This also means that Selva gives a wonderful sense of pre-tourism Mallorca, from its charmingly un-signposted local buildings to its regular fiestas.
Having said all that, the best places to stay in Selva will get very busy during the summer months. Our pick of the properties are all small, individual hotels, so get organised and book well ahead.
For rural charm
- Finca Es Castell is a beautiful 11 room farmhouse conversion in the foothills of the Sierra de Tramuntana. A peaceful place to relax amongst whitewashed walls, cobbled patios, ancient vines and of course those views.
- The Hotel Son Ametler offers eight elegant rooms plus a lovely pool and more glorious views over the Sierra de Tramuntana. This is a great value option for walkers and those who want to get away from the crowds.
- The Can Furios Hotel is a charming 16th Century villa estate with seven rooms and an exceptional restaurant. Each room has a lovely view and there's a nice pool.
For a spa break
- For those who like a bit of pampering on their holiday, Cas Comte Petit Hotel should fit the bill. In a charming town not far from Selva, it offers gorgeous rooms, lovely views and that all important spa.
Still undecided? Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Selva, or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice. Alternatively you can widen your search and take a look at all our recommendations in Mallorca.
Best Hotels in Selva
Petit Hotel Son Arnau 6 rooms from $135Selva
A delightful hotel which fuses traditional Mallorcan style with modern design features. The rooms are charming and comfortable with white washed walls and exposed wooden beaming. Explore the surrounding mountainous landscape or simply recline by the pool. A quiet wonder.Local exploring - Ideal for exploring the historic town of Selva and the surrounding Mallorcan countryside.Value chic - With doubles from €129 per night it represents excellent value for money.Great walks - Great walking in the Sierra de Tramuntana Mountains.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Lluc Monastery and Alaro Castel.
Cas Comte Petit Hotel & Spa 14 rooms from $146Lloseta, Mallorca
A luxury adults only hotel in a traditional Mallorcan town with a fantastic spa. Charming rooms and suites have stone walls, big comfy beds, and wooden beams. Wonderful views from the roof top pool terrace, excellent food, and pampering spa therapies. The perfect base for exploring the island.Spa breaksSights nearby - Monastery of Lluc, Castle of Alaró, and famous towns of Valldemossa, Soller and Pollença.Great walks - There are great walks in the Sierra de Tramuntana. Or walk the Cape of Formentor.Spa - Ayurvedic spa treatmentsRecommended by - CN Traveller
Hotel Son Ametler 8 rooms from $151Caimari, Mallorca
Simple yet stylish restored finca in the foothills of the Sierra de Tramuntana. With only eight bedrooms the emphasis is on unobtrusive service creating an atmosphere of total tranquility. Great value country retreat away from the crowds.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolFull of characterViews - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.