- ✓ Best selection
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Tenerife
Best Hotels in Tenerife
Hotel el Patio 26 rooms from $69Garachico, Tenerife
A sedate manor house set with lush grounds, close to the beach, and surrounded by nature reserves. Traditional elegant bedrooms have pastel painted walls and attractive furnishings. Swimming pool, terraces and gardens. A family spot at a great price.Value chicSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Hotel Alhambra 5 rooms from $78La Orotava, Tenerife
A gorgeous townhouse in the city centre. A beautiful white building with a balustraded courtyard and chequered marble floor. Huge light filled rooms with balconies and stunning views. Surrounded by beaches and natural parks. A great choice for a beach holiday, excellent value.Value chicSights nearby - Situated in La Orotava's Old TownSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Hotel Rural Victoria 14 rooms from $83La Orotava, Tenerife
A delightful 16th century manor house close to the beach. Simple elegant rooms off a charming balustraded courtyard and a traditional restaurant. Excellent value great for a beach holiday, and family friendly.Value chicLocal markets - Traditional fiestas of Corpus, with their carpets of flowers, the Baile de Magos and the romería of San Isidro.Great walks - Fantastic walking and hiking countrySights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Hotel Rural El Navio 8 rooms from $96Alcalá, Tenerife
A charming little hotel on the coastline surrounded by banana plantations and seaviews. Basic, but characterful rooms have stone floors, iron beds, attractive rugs, and private balconies. A lovely rural spot close to the beaches and mountain areas.Views - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorGreat walks - Good for walkers.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Parador de Las Cañadas del Teide 25 rooms from $117La Orotava, Tenerife
The only hotel on Tenerife in a Nature Reserve. Fantastic views towards the mountains, an excellent restaurant, charming rooms, gym and pool. A remote spot with lots of fresh mountain air. A back to nature holiday in the great outdoors.Views - Wonderful panoramic views of the Teide cone, the Chaorra crater, and the White Mountain.Sights nearby - The botanical garden in Puerto de la Cruz.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Great walks - Good for walkers.
La Quinta Roja 16 rooms from $117Garachico, Tenerife
A gorgeous manor house with a long history. Traditional chic rooms and suites have wooden beams and charming decoration. Excellent restaurant, spa, and inner courtyard terrace. A special spot on the coast in Garachico.Sights nearby - Situated in the centre of old GarachicoSailing - Can be booked nearby.SpaGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Hotel San Roque 16 rooms from $144Garachico, Tenerife
A chic 18th century palace come designer renovation nestled in the sleepy fishing village of Garachico. An oasis of calm and relaxation with lots of beach and mountain activities on the other. Boutique rooms combine traditional and new, excellent restaurant, and small pool.In/by a Nature Reserve - Teno Rural Park, Forest Crown Nature Park, Chinyero Special Nature Reserve.Honeymoons - The hotel's facilites make this a bolthole for honemooners.Active Holiday - The mountains and beaches provide a plethora of sports.Great walks - Good for walkers.
Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf 281 rooms from $145San Miguel de Abona, Tenerife
A contemporary classic resort on the sea front. Close to a nature reserve, golf course, watersports, the hotel is an ideal spot for families. Modern rooms and suites have private balconies with sea views. Excellent restaurant, pool and spa.Active HolidayFamiliesSwimming Pool - Five adult and three children's poolsKayaking - On the boating lakeRecommended by - CN Traveller
Hotel Botanico 252 rooms from $176Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife
A FIve Star spa hotel in the city centre with lovely sea views, excellent restaurants, kids club, penthouse suites, and botanical gardens. Simple yet elegant rooms and suites have private balconies, some with hot tubs, all the mod cons, and far reaching views out to sea. A luxury beach holiday.Views - Fantastic views of the Atlantic Ocean and Mount TeideFamilies5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Beach LifeRecommended by - CN Traveller
Tenerife is large enough, and popular enough, to warrant two airports, Los Rodeos in the north and Reina Sofia in the south. And there's a very large range of accommodation available. So finding the best places to stay in Tenerife really comes down to your own taste and budget. There's everything on offer from cheap apartments to five star luxury resorts (for apartments or villas check out the range with our online partner, booking.com).
Around ten million people visit Tenerife's reliably sunshine-drenched shores each year. And while this island was once dominated by beach-perfect package holiday resorts, visitors are now beginning to take an interest in the dramatic volcanic landscape of the interior.
Tenerife's Best Beaches
There's a reason Tenerife's main holiday resorts are on the island's south coast - this is where the beaches are at their most white-sandy-beautiful. If you're here for the beaches and you want to avoid the crowds, some of the best places to stay in Tenerife are El Medáno, on the south-east coast, and Los Gigantes on the western coast.
- El Medáno has the best natural beaches, but it's also perfectly angled to catch the trade winds. So this is also the best place to stay in Tenerife for surfers, windsurfers and kite surfers. Its a beautiful spot with a two of Tenerife's largest beaches - split in the middle by a volcanic cone. Unfortunately for wind junkies the new developments built to accommodate all the wind-generated visitors have also served to decrease the wind's power somewhat, but this is still a fabulous spot - and now especially good for beginners.
- Los Gigantes is a much quieter spot at the bottom of giant cliffs (hence the name).
Sun, Sea and Sangria Fun
If you want to join in with the package holidaymaker crowds then the best places to stay on Tenerife are the south-western resort towns of Los Cristianos, Playa de las Americas and Costa Adeje.
Within this category, Los Cristianos is best for families, and folks who're not interested in the bar and club nightlife. It's also got excellent access for people who're less able.
Playa de las Americas has done up its image in recent years, but Costa Adeje is where the four and five star resorts can be found.
Highlights of the North
Santa Cruz de Tenerife is the island's capital, and the best place to stay on Tenerife if you're looking for art galleries, interesting little museums, grand plazas, botanical gardens, excellent local restaurants and shopping opportunities. Many people just travel through Santa Cruz, but wish they had more time as there's a lot to do here. In addition to cultural activities Santa Cruz also has a few nice beaches. Though not as perfect as those to the island's south:
- Las Teresitas, with its imported yellow sand, is wide and smooth,
- and Las Gaviotas, with its black, volcanic sand, is quiet and spectacular.
Puerto de la Cruz is probably the best place to stay on Tenerife if you're looking for the island's own character. It's also ideal for families. It's still a resort town, but being in the north it's much more green and lush.
There's also a large zoo, lovely botanical gardens, a fascinating old port with some interesting shops and a working fishing port, which feeds the local restaurants. There are a lot more Spanish restaurants here and less of the 'egg and chips' of the south coast.
The beaches here have black, volcanic sand and have excellent facilities making it very easy for families.
Wherever you decide is the best place to stay on Tenerife try to make time to visit the island's dramatic volcanic heart, El Teide. You can climb it, but you need special permission, or visit the top via cable car. The view is spectacular. The Parque Rural de Anaga is also an exotic landscape worth exploring for yourself.
For a beach holiday
- Hotel Botanico is a five star spa hotel situated in Puerto de la Cruz. It offers great sea views and is a stone's throw from the city's Botanical Gardens.
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf is perfect for families and golf lovers. There's masses of activities on offer from kayaking and boating on its own lake to yoga, tennis and much more. Golf is on a choice of two world class courses next door.
For those on a budget
- Hotel el Patio is a stunning old manor house turned hotel that is situated close to the beach and is surrounded by nature reserves. It's great value with doubles starting from as little as €65 per night.
- Hotel Alhambra is situated in the centre of La Orotava and boasts large rooms with balconies and wonderful views. Doubles start from just €90 per night B&B.
- Hotel Rural Victoria offers simple yet elegant rooms, a traditional restaurant and easy access to the beach.
Off the beaten track
- Parador de las Canadas del Teide is the only hotel on the island actually situated within a nature reserve. As well as pure mountain air it offers charming rooms, good restaurant, gym & pool.
For boutique chic
- La Quinta Roja is a stunning manor house which has been converted in fine style. Rooms boast exposed stone walls and beamed ceilings. Plus it's located in the centre of old Garachico.
- Hotel San Roque is an 18th century palace turned boutique bolthole also in Garachico.
For a holiday apartment or villa
- Decided that actually you'd rather be independent and stay in a villa or apartment? Then check out the wide range with our online partner, booking.com.
Still not sure which to book? Browse through our list of all the best places to stay on Tenerife, expand your search to include all our recommendations in the Canary Islands, or call, or email, one of our gurus for advice.