- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Vejer de la frontera
Search the best hotels in Vejer de la frontera
Best Hotels in Vejer de la frontera
Hotel Sindhura 14 rooms from $81La Muela, Vejer de la Frontera, Costa de La Luz
Simple, modern hotel with traditional architecture. Good value, set in open fields with magnificent panoramic ocean views. Easy access to endless sun kissed beaches. Plenty to keep the active entertained otherwise lie back and relax in complete tranquility.Beach Life - Stunning beaches of white sand offer surfing, wind surfing, diving and sailing, as well as spectacular sunset strolls.Total relaxation - A wonderfully tranquil Andulician rural abode, relax and recharge by the pool and wander the lush gardens.Sailing - All along the Costa de la Luz there are excellent marinas, and many places where you can hire boats or book sailing lessons.Surfing - Just a few minutes from the hotel is El Palmar beach with some of Spain's best surf.
Siete Balcones 4 rooms from $94Cádiz, Costa de La Luz
Lots of natural light shines through beautiful balconies and flag stoned courtyards in this relaxed hotel in the old town of Vejer de la Frontera. White washed walls compliment authentic decoration. A chic and, unexpectedly, cheap destination for a romantic get-away or beach holiday.Honeymoons - For a budget honeymoon - cheap and chic, and breakfast where and when you want it!Active Holiday - Very close to many sporting activities.Town - In the old town.Less £Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
La Casa del Califa 20 rooms from $96Vejer de la frontera
Small charming hotel with a strong Moorish influence in the heart of Medieval Vejer de la Frontera. White washed light rooms with standout local art. Stone vaulted dining room and a lush garden courtyard. Stunning views and cocktails from the rooftop bar. Ideally situated to explore the local area.Romantic Break - Charming rooms filled with North African artefacts, a rooftop bar with spectacular views and award winning cuisine.Local exploring - The hilltop town of Vejer is the perfect base for exploring the beaches and mountains of Cádiz province.Surfing - Southern Spain’s best surf beach is just a ten minute drive away, well worth checking out.Great walks - Wander through the ancient and picturesque town to the lovely beaches of Cadiz.
Escondrijo 3 rooms from $124Costa De La Luz, Costa de La Luz
This boutique B&B is not just any B&B, rather it is a magnificent collection of three elegant suites with private balconies and 20 mile views. French windows, stone steps, beautiful sitting room, rooftop terrace. Ideal for a family holiday, secluded romantic break, or a large group.Suites - Suites only.ElegantRomantic - Good for couples.Beach nearbyRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Hotel V 12 rooms from $145Vejer de la frontera
This beautifully decorated hotel oozes boutique luxury. An eclectic combination of Goan antiques, original features, and contemporary muted hues. The roof top terrace, with jacuzzi, is the piece de resistance with its views across wild plains and towards Moroccan shores. Relaxation in style.City Style - Although Vejer is not a city, this hotel is so stylish it deserves noting.Views - Views to Morocco on a clear day, and over the surrouning plains.ChicSpa breaksRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Casa La Siesta 7 rooms from $204Cadiz Province, Costa de La Luz
This renovated farmhouse turned luxury small hotel is perfectly placed for a fiesta of activities, from golf to art classes. Set in acres of grounds with unspoilt views, it is the perfect place for a couple to snooze by the pool and dine on delicious, fresh local produce in the evenings.WeddingsFoodiesActive HolidayWellbeingRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Sawdays
About Vejer de la frontera
Just south of Cadiz, Vejer de la Frontera stares mysteriously out from its spectacular hilltop lookout over the Straights of Gibraltar. One of Andalucia's beautiful pueblo blancos (white towns), complete with a gracefully dilapidating castle and a labyrinth of winding streets at its heart. Some of the best places to stay in Vejer de la Frontera have been converted from the most beautiful of the surviving Moorish architecture, but there are plenty of modern options too.
Vejer de la Frontera's castle is probably its main sight. It's been reworked several times, but the whole area of old town surrounding it is littered with unique architecture. Beyond that are the whitewashed houses with their square edges. Vejer de la Frontera's charms don't stop at the edge of town, beyond that are the orange groves and orchards, and beyond that, about a ten minute drive away, are the beaches of the Costa de la Luz.
Many of Vejer de la Frontera's car free streets have views all the way out to sea, and on a clear day, all the way to Morocco.
Interestingly, this is also very close to the area where the Battle of Trafalgar took place in 1805.
As with all destinations in this part of Spain, the best places to stay in Vejer de la Frontera are very busy during the peak summer months, so get organised and book early. Alternatively visiti during the quieter months when you can really appreciate all the town has to offer.
For a special occasion
- Hotel V is a small and artfully decorated hotel with a luxurious, boutique-y feel and some beautiful original features. Stylish, with views across to the shores of Morocco - especially from its roof terrace, with jacuzzi - the Hotel V feels like a city break hotel, but without the city.
- Escondrijo is a boutique B&B with just three magnificent rooms - all with private balconies and views for miles. As well as the big rooms there's a beautiful sitting room and a rooftop terrace, making this an ideal spot for a family holiday as well as a romantic break.
Just out of town
- The Hotel Sindhura is a simple, modern hotel offering great value in an exceptionally beautiful setting with panoramic ocean views. Built around a central, jasmine filled courtyard, the Sindhura has 14 rooms, two suites and a restaurant with spectacular views.
- Casa La Siesta is a farmhouse which has been converted into a seven room hotel. You're surrounded by activity choices, from golf to art classes, in acres of unspoiled grounds. And in the evening you can round off your days with a gourmet meal.
For central location
- Siete Balcones is a charming four bedroomed property bang in the centre of town. Expect chic decor and excellent value for money.
On a budget
- La Casa del Califa is a small hotel right in the heart of Vejer de la Frontera. One of the hotel's charms is its Moorish influenced 16th Century facade, but its authentic decoration and food, and beautifully light garden are also extremely appealing.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Vejer de la Frontera for you?