- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Andermatt
Best Hotels in Andermatt
Hotel Crown 20 rooms from $125Andermatt
The Hotel Crown brings together contemporary living and Alpine character, with its generously sized, tranquil rooms, of which most feature a balcony. Sat in the heart of Andermatt, it is he ideal place all year round, being within close proximity of the mountains many ski slopes and bike trails.Local exploring - Ideally located for getting about the slopes
Baren Restaurant & Rooms 6 rooms from $146Andermatt
In Andermatt's traditional Alpine setting, The Baren Restaurant's bright rooms bring together tradition and modern life with its quirky clean cut furnishings and Alpine wood paneling. For those who like gourmet food, sample the range of French/Italian cuisine from the award winning restaurant.Foodies - Enjoy the award winning restaurant's French and Italian cuisine.
The River House 8 rooms from $191Andermatt
The River House is a 250 year old building providing cosy Alpine rooms in the heart of Andermatt. The traditional wood furnishings and individually styled rooms give The River House its charm alongside its bar and patio, which welcome you in from a long day on the slopes or exploring the town.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
The Chedi 106 rooms from $671Andermatt
Nestled in the Urseren Valley The Chedi is a Swiss gem. The modern, luxuriously designed rooms hold a true Alpine character, and allow visitors every comfort. Two pools and a vast spa provide relaxation from a day in the mountains, before an evening spent in one of the hotel's two restaurants.Romantic Break - Utterly spoiling - the ultimate couples getaway5* Luxury - Quite simply the best of the bestSpa - Extensive spa and wellness facilities are available, with a fitness centre, sauna, steam bath, and massages.Swimming Pool - Both and outdoor pool and a 35m indoor pool that provides stunning mountain views.
Andermatt is a small, pretty village set amongst a huge backdrop of alpine peaks and mountain passes. In fact you can’t get to Andermatt without passing though at least one of them. The highest is 2400metres, while Andermatt is at 1400metres, so it’s a pretty looming peak. And the views are just magical. In fact Andermatt was the location for one of cinema’s most iconic car chases, when 007, played by Sean Connery, chases Auric Goldfinger through the mountains.
The best places to stay in Andermatt tend to be around the centre of town, which has retained its village charms, despite a recent nearby development which includes an 18 hole golf course and five star hotel. Our Guru’s list of the best places to stay in Andermatt includes this new all-singing all-dancing hotel, The Chedi .
As far as skiing goes, Andermatt is a great place for freeriding, and for intermediate level skiiers. Andermatt is connected to Sedrum by pistes and the lift tickets are valid across both resorts, including on the incredible, by rather ominous Gemsstock.
The après-ski in Andermatt ticks along nicely, and there are some lovely bars and restaurants, most of them in hotels, and of course the very stylish offerings at The Chedi. In summer the area is perfect for hikers and climbers. And for mountain bikers who really want to be tested.
The Best Places to Stay in Andermatt
The Best Places to Stay in Central Andermatt
- The River House occupies a beautiful, 250 year old building in the heart of Andermatt. There are just eight traditional style rooms but there’s also a lovely bar and patio.
The Best Places to Stay in Andermatt for Luxury
- The Chedi is quite special, nestled into the Urseren Valley, but not far from central Andermatt. There are 106 modern alpine style rooms, an indoor and outdoor pool, a vast spa with a fitness centre, sauna and steam bath and two restaurants.
The Best Value Places to Stay in Andermatt
- For around £100 per night you can get one of 20 rooms at the Hotel Crown, a centrally located hotel with generous sized rooms - many with a balcony - and a contemporary, alpine character.
- For a little more you could opt for the Baren Restaurant & Rooms, which has just six rooms and a seriously gourmet French/ Italian restaurant. The rooms are bright and modern, but feature alpine-style wood panelling.