- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Book Now
Search the best hotels in Laax
Laax is part of the ski area called the Weisse Arena, a high altitude region known for being snow-sure, with a lively après-ski and perfect for snowboarders looking for big air. The nearby resort towns of Flims and Falera are the other places to stay to enjoy the Weisse Arena, but if you’re looking for contemporary cool then Laax is probably for you. A couple of years ago all of our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Laax would have been fairly traditional alpine hotels - great options with lots of lovely detail, now found largely in Laax Dorf, the original village. But in the last few years several new hotels have been built, much closer to the lift base, with a much more modern, high-design-y feel. So now there’s more choice for you if your idea of the best places to stay in Laax run more toward the modern.
If you’re looking for charm then Laax Dorf is for you, it’s set on a pretty lake and feels pleasantly rustic. In summer Laax, with its impressive mountain views, and open meadows surrounding the town, is a very popular spot for well-heeled Swiss and German families. The lakes here are glacial, but that doesn’t stop people swimming and going boating or out in pedalos! Laax is also an amazing place for hikers and climbers.
In Winter Laax is a good option if you’re looking for a Swiss resort with good snow and lively après-ski - it’s especially lively during January when it hosts the European Snowboarding Open. But don't forget that best places to stay in Laax will be extremely busy too. So if you want to be sure of a room, book well ahead.
For traditional charm
- The Posta Veglia is a charming, alpine-chic hotel with all the traditional details and all the modern comforts. There are just seven rooms with romantically sloped rooms, exposed beams and cosy details. There’s also a Swiss restaurant onsite. There are incredible mountain views from the junior suites, which also has deep bathtubs.
For lake views
- The Hotel Bellaval is just minutes from Lag Grond lake and has traditional alpine rooms overlooking the lake and mountains beyond. There’s a very nice sauna and wellness spa and a very nice garden serving the 27 rooms.
For access to the piste
- If you want to be by the lifts then Riders Palace is for you. It’s got stunning views from its expansive glass walls and 70 comfortable, uber modern rooms. There’s also a lively bar and you’re walking distance from Laax’s restaurants.
- The Hotel Signina is another good option. Rooms are light and airy, there's a great wellness centre for easing weary limbs and a lively bar for some well earned apres action!
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Laax for you?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Laax,
- expand your search to include the best places to stay in Flims,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Laax
Riders Palace 70 rooms from $201Laax
A hip contemporary hotel ideally located just steps from a cable lift. Expansive glass walls offer stunning views. Comfortable rooms with uber modern bathrooms and sink-in-to beds. A lively bar for those who wish to après–ski. Walking distance from Laax's restaurants. Modern alpine bliss.Active Holiday - Situated right by the cable lift this hotel is an ideal base for hitting the slopes.Skiing - Laax is one of Switzerland's most expansive ski resorts.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.
Hotel Bellaval 27 rooms from $235Laax
A charming hotel minutes from Lag Grond lake in Laax. The traditional Alpine rooms offer fantastic views and a cosy, homely atmosphere. It's perfect for a bit of countryside exploring, with many local hiking options up the Grisons mountains. Enjoy the sauna in winter and the lovely garden in summer.Country Escape - A tranquil country setting, next to the Lag Grond lake, with views of the surrounding mountains.Total relaxation - Take a walk around the peaceful Grisons mountains or simply relax in the sauna and wellness spa.Active Holiday - With plenty of local skiing, hiking, cycling and there's also a golf course nearby.Birdwatching - This area holds a wide variety of birdlife, don't forget your binoculars.
Signina Hotel 91 rooms from $254Laax
A contemporary hotel boasting easy access to the slopes. Cleanly designed, light and airy rooms still manage to keep a homely feel. A spoiling wellness centre will ease any aches and pains and a lively bar provides the perfect atmosphere for some apres ski.The ideal mountain retreat.Skiing - Located right at the base of the ski resort of LAAX with unique access to 235 km of slopes.Active Holiday - Irrelevant of the season there's always plenty of adventure activities on offer.Views - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Posta Veglia 7 rooms from $266Laax (Via Principala 54)
A charming rustic-chic hotel with traditional Alpine décor and contemporary comforts. Sloping roofs, exposed wooden beams and cosy interiors along with bath tubs in bathrooms and central heating. The restaurant on site serves traditional Swiss cuisine. A cosy mountain hideaway.Romantic Break - The junior suites are large and spacious and come with great views of the surrounding mountains, as well as deep soaking tubs.Active Holiday - A haven for skiers, hikers, bikers, climbers and fishermen- the ideal outdoor holiday destination.Great walks - Beautiful hikes into the mountains. Book a guided tour or go on your own.Fishing - Make a day trip to Lake Cauma for fishing opportunities.