- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Phuket Island
About Phuket Island
Phuket Island is one of those daydream destinations to transport yourself to on your daily commute; perfect white, sandy beaches which stretch on until you reach sharp limestone cliffs, and you’ve lush tropical jungle on one side and the famously bright turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea on the other side. Relax, dive, snorkel, explore the jungle, island hop, drink well, eat well and be well looked after. That’s Phuket Island for you. Our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay on Phuket Island are a fairly luxurious collection, but there are still a couple of really good value options - so the daydream is open to everyone.
Their preferences for the best places to stay on Phuket Island run toward the tropical hideaway, rather than the lively glitz of Patong or Karon, or the busy centre, Phuket Town.
Phuket is the kind of place where you can pack in a lot of adventure, or do very little. Go sailing or jet-skiing, try parasailing, or diving, snorkelling or free diving, kite-surfing, canoeing or deep sea fishing. The island’s spectacular coastline is well worth seeing, and you can do it under your own steam or someone else’s. Phuket isn’t the only island in these parts and it’s definitely worth visiting some of the others.
If you fancy a bit of sightseeing beyond the beautiful beaches and the hilly interior with its dramatic roads, then there’s a fair bit to choose from, including an aquarium, a crocodile farm, a butterfly garden and Wat Prathong with its half buried golden Buddha.
The best places to stay in Phuket Island are always busy destinations, so don't leave your booking till the last minute....you might well be disappointed!
For a good value stay
- The Indigo Pearl is an easy-going resort with 177 rooms, a choice of restaurants, a simply gorgeous infinity pool and clever, tropical landscaping. You’re close to a public beach and there’s a seemingly endless list of activities going on to suit all ages - including its own dive school. If you want to un-scale you can have private pretty much everything.
- £150 per night isn’t inexpensive, but the Como Point Yamu is a great value option if you want to treat yourself to a proper Phuket experience. With an enviable position overlooking the Andaman Sea, two excellent restaurants, an award-winning spa, rooftop infinity pool and daily menu of sporting and cultural activities, this is classic Phuket.
- Amanpuri, an Amen spa resort, offers a haven of tranquility with private villas, private pools and a choice of five restaurants. This is a relaxingly low-tech resort with plenty of activities and spa treatments on offer if you need help filling your time.
- Paresa Resort is a secluded, jungle resort offering a parred back luxury, villas with stunning views though floor to ceiling glass walls, and decorated with natural wood for example. Some also have a private pool, and all have spa baths. The menu is Mediterranean.
- Keemala’s accommodation is in ‘birds nest villas’ arranged within the treetops. Each ‘nest’ has a canopied bed, a huge egg-like bathtub and a private pool. There are just 38 ‘nests’ and two restaurants serving food which is largely grown on site.
Best Hotels in Phuket Island
Indigo Pearl 177 rooms from $127Thalang,, Phuket Island
Close to airport. All-purpose resort designed to suit all. Shopping and discos. Spacious rooms. Great restaurants. Cleverly landscaped. Littered public beach but beautiful infinity pool.Families - A seemingly endless list of activities, watersports and the kids club but most importantly a spa to retire when they're busy!Romantic Break - Private dining, private pools, private everything if you want it. A couple's dream.Spa breaks - Some of the villas feature their very own private spas!Diving - The resort is home to its very own dive school, so get certified! And if you are already: buddy up!Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Como Point Yamu 79 rooms from $184Paklok, Phuket Island
This island resort fuses traditional Thai style with splashes of Mediterranean colour that reflects its enviable position overlooking the Andaman Sea. An award-winning spa, daily menu of sporting and cultural activities, and two outstanding on-site restaurants make it even harder to leave.Sights nearby - Khao Phra Thaeo National Park within five miles.Swimming Pool - Pool with view, rooftop pool, infinity pool.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
The Nai Harn 130 rooms from $249Chang Wat Phuket, Phuket Island
The Nai Harn is a stalwart on the Phuket luxury hotel scene, but a recent renovation has kept this Mediterranean-inspired seaside resort as relevant as ever. Stylish rooms include open views. Perfect for a getaway with a loved one or total relaxation.Families - Stay together in family rooms and make use of the babysitting services offered to have a relaxing evening without the kids!Beach Life - The Nai Harn is located just 2 minutes away from the beach so you can easily spend your days lounging by the seasideRomantic Break - Stunning accommodation, a beachfront location, ocean views and excellent cuisineKayaking - The hotel provides kayaks if you fancy heading out for a splash on the water
Paresa Resorts 49 rooms from $372Phuket,, Phuket Island
Drawing upon the surrounding beauty to create a secluded resort that places super-luxe simplicity at its core. Villas make the most of stunning vistas with plenty of floor to ceiling glass walls and natural wood. Some have private pools, all have spa baths. A fresh Mediterranean menu is served.Kayaking - Through the surrounding lagoons for a true jungle experienceFishing - Fishing and snorkelling trips can be arrangedGreat walks - To the nearby templesViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Keemala 38 rooms from $506Phuket, Phuket Island
A unique and utterly luxurious resort. Sleep up in the trees with your own birds nest villa - complete with private pool. Plus eco-luxe interiors complete with canopied beds, luscious views and huge egg bathtubs. Two restaurants serving largely home grown dishes and spice route flavours.Eco break - A contributor to non-profit organisation Kamala Green Club plus employing green principles and serving locally sourced food.Romantic Break - Villas are suited to twosomes and feature private pools and stunning views. No children allowed.Spa breaks - Mala spa features eight treatment rooms, traditional treatments and healing therapies.Cooking classes - Learn some thai dishes at the culinary academy. Pick your vegetables from the "enchanted garden".Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Kiwi Collection
Amanpuri 83 rooms from $950Phuket, Phuket Island
Divine Aman offering and absolute haven of tranquility. Enjoy signature Thai and Chinese inspired treatments in the secluded spa, and dinner at your choice of not one but five restaurants. Something for everyone. Rooms are relaxingly low-tech - there are enough outdoor activities to keep you busy!Families - Plenty of watersports on offer, tennis courts and baby sitting services.Spa breaks - Aman spas are world renowned and this one is no exception.Romantic Break - Tranquil villas, private pools and couples spa treatments.Back to Nature - Boasting its own stretch of white sandy beach.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith