- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Bodrum
A city centred round its harbour, much of its accommodation can be found close by, though our recommendations for the best places to stay in Bodrum tend to be further out of town. The preferred method of travel is by sailboat, or yacht, and the most popular meals are made with the freshest bounty of the sea - served in the city’s nicest restaurants which line the coast.
Moving away from the harbour and into the city centre, Bodrum’s culture is focused on the purity of that deep blue water, with many visitors and locals coming in off the ocean to spend a pleasant afternoon in one of the Turkish baths for some rest and relaxation.
Even Bodrum’s history is best discovered under the harbour - a visit to the popular Museum of Underwater Archaeology will have you feeling like you’ve landed in Atlantis. Before you come back to the surface though, take a moment to look out of the renovated windows of Bodrum Castle for a spectacular view of the life blood of the city - the crowded harbour which is still keeping the city going.
Tourism is Bodrum’s cash cow, and more than a million visitors flock to its beaches each year. But Bodrum retains a bougainvillea-shaded charm, and houses that look like they’re made of sugar cubes. Especially in the outlying coastal villages. The castle and museums, Ottoman era mosques and laws restricting building works have helped to preserve Bodrum's own character.
It's only in the last few decades that this fishing village has been associated with idyllic beach breaks and favoured by royalty and A Listers. But behind the fancy bars and restaurants and the palm lined promenades many of the best places to stay in Bodrum are still reasonably priced. And of course the beaches are free, as are many of the historic sights and museums. So Bodrum is a great option if you're on a budget and you just want one base.
The Peaceful Side of Bodrum
- If you're looking for your own little piece of this beautiful region - and some peace as well - one of the best places to stay in Bodrum is Antik Zeytin. Just back from Golturkbuku at the foot of the forest, the eight stone cottages of Antik Zeytin make the most of the panoramic views of the Aegean, and the forest and olive groves in the foreground.
- Sandima 37 Suites is a gorgeous stone mansion with huge living spaces and private balconies which have glorious views of the sea. There's also a beautiful garden. And an atmosphere of characterful calm. There are six rooms and six suites, one which sleeps up to five, so this is also a good option for families.
Bodrum on a Budget
- With its simple, spacious rooms, lovely garden and pool and prices for its 12 rooms beginning at just £50 per night, you can't beat the Sah Hotel for value.
- In a quieter part of town, the white, cubist oasis of the Su Hotel & Cottages is perfect for families watching their wallets. Suites have kitchenettes and there's also two bedroomed apartments if you need more space. And it's all arranged prettily around a large pool. Su Hotel & Cottages is also ideal if you're looking for a secluded spot in Bodrum proper.
- There are a lot more than four reasons that 4Reasons Hotel & Bistro is one of the best places to stay in Bodrum. But the top four are probably: location, on a hillside in as-yet-unspoilt Yalikavak; friendly atmosphere, warm even for Turkish standards; design, think elegant simplicity; and the facilities, including a pool amongst olive trees and an excellent bistro.
Bodrum Beach Luxury
- If you have the budget for an upmarket beach break, Maçakizi is one of the best places to stay in Bodrum. The Aegean views from the beach chic rooms and multiple pools are pretty special. And there's a fantastic restaurant, Nuxe spa with outdoor treatment tents and the hotel has its own fleet of hire boats.
- Casa Dell'Arte is the kind of boutique hotel with interesting modern art on display, a house party feel and no children under 12. In sophisticated Torba Mahallesi, this is the perfect place to plan a grown up beach break.
- Sleek and boutique for less than £100 per night, La Boutique Alkoclar is one of the best places to stay in Bodrum if you want great access to the beach and plenty of water sports related fun. As well as having an enormous sun deck, La Boutique Alkoclar is also right on the beach.
- If you want to be close to Bodrum proper, but still have plenty of beach to call your own, our pick is the Doria Hotel. It is just 10 minutes drive away and has its own private beach. Chic modern styling and every comfort, including an excellent spa, this is one of the best priced boutique options in Bodrum.
Best Hotels in Bodrum
Sah Hotel 12 rooms from $69Bodrum
A contemporary seaside hotel just outside Bodrum. Spacious rooms simply decorated. Lovely garden and pool. Walking distance to beaches and restaurants. A great value spot for a no frills beach holiday.Value chicSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSailing - Can be booked nearby.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
La Boutique Alkoclar 33 rooms from $129Bodrum (Hoşgörü Sk)
A sleek boutique seaside hotel. Stunning all white rooms and suites with large living areas, private balconies and all the mod cons. Enormous sun bathing areas, pool, open-air restaurant, kids club, and immediate access to the beach and watersports. A wise choice for an all round beach holiday.Views - Great views from hotelBeach LifeLuxuryFamilies
Med-Inn 24 rooms from $137Bodrum (Güllük)
A family friendly and laid back hotel with its own beach and colourful contemporary rooms. Rooms and suites have balconies with sea views and all the mod cons. Lovely restaurant, pool, and lots of coastline to explore. Great for families.Beach LifeFamiliesViews - Panoramic views across the bayOn the beach - Private beach and jettyRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Doria Hotel 92 rooms from $137Bodrum (Gündönümü Mevkii)
A sleek seaside hotel in contemporary chic style. White washed rooms and suites have splashes of the ocean, parquet floors, and private balconies with sea views. Excellent spa, swimming pool, and direct access to the sea. A fabulous choice for a beach holiday.Views - Fabulous views over the AegeanBeach LifeSailing - The hotel has its own private jetty. Boat trips can be arranged with the concierge.Sights nearby - 10 mins drive from BodrumRecommended by - Tablet
Antik Zeytin 8 rooms from $168Bodrum (Golturkbuku)
Small, low-rise resort at the foot of the forest with great views of the nearby Aegean. Just eight stone cottages offer intimacy and panoramic views of the ocean, olive groves and the hotel's wooden sailing boat waiting in the harbour. Everything is natural - stone, wood, glass, and the cuisine too.Foodies - Stunning Mediterranean home cooked food with an emphasis placed on the importance of olive oil which is made on the property.Hideaway - Lovely cottages set in beautiful olive groves just a short distance from the sea.Sailing - Day sailing trips around the Aegean organised by the hotel.Sights nearby - Visit the ancient ‘Antique Theater’ and Bodrum Castle.
4Reasons Hotel & Bistro 20 rooms from $149Bodrum (Yalikavak)
Trendy and charming hillside resort, highly professional in its approach but still small, stylish and friendly, with a lovely location. Large, white washed, rooms with contemporary art. Stunning and generously proportioned pool with pool-side bar, and candlelit dinners. A chic option.Hideaway - A trendy boutique hotel on the Bodrum peninsula boasting award winning bar, lovely pool, gardens and fantastic food.Sailing - Take a day cruise on a wooden gulet from Yalikavak harbour, pack a picnic and make a day of it.Great walks - Guests are provided with maps for hiking through the ghost village of Sandima.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Su Hotel & Cottages 25 rooms from $162Bodrum
Designer style and comfort at an affordable price. A small peaceful oasis in a quiet cul-de-sac. The bright white walls of the 'cubist' complex of rooms, suites with kitchenettes, and two-bedroom apartments surround a lovely swimming pool. A secluded choice for families and groups.Families - This reasonably priced and chic reosrt is ideal for families with lovely gardens and and close proximity to the beach.Sailing - Take a day trip round the Aegean on a wooden Gulet, perfect for a family activity or a romantic trip.Sights nearby - Close to the Antique Theatre and the Crusader Castle.Swimming Pool - Outdoor Pool.
Sandima 37 Suites 6 rooms from $171Bodrum (Yalikavak)
A gorgeous Turkish stone house with lovely accommodation. Suites and family suites all in neutral tones have huge living areas and private balconies with sea views. Beautiful garden, pool, terraces, and day bed area. A perfectly balanced spot; characterful tradition meets modern comfort.Views - Superb views over Yalikavak Bay and the surrounding areaRomantic BreakBeach LifePrivate Hot Tub - The Stone house has its own jacuzzi
Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay 173 rooms from $183Bodrum (Yaliciftlik)
A luxurious resort hotel with private sandy beach and marina, and choice of seven restaurants and bars. Chic cabana-style suites with private balconies overlooking the sea and fantastic spa - all in glorious isolation. The most gorgeous beach resort hotel near Bodrum.Spa breaks - The Spa has an Asian approach to wellness and offers holistic detox programs as well as sauna, fitness centre and Turkish bath.Romantic Break - A unique stay with elegant suites overlooking the Aegean Sea, a private beach, romantic cruises, and fantastic dining options.Sailing - Take the hotel authentic Bodrum gullet boat out into the bay and discover top diving sites.Fishing - Take a fishing tour along the coast, the perfect opportunity to catch your dinner.Recommended by - Johansens, Kiwi Collection
Casa Dell'Arte 12 rooms from $318Bodrum Torba Mahallesi
A stunning boutique chic hotel on the sea front. Luxurious rooms and suites are all in white and filled with modern art. Private balconies, all the mod cons, and stunning sea views. Excellent restaurant, spa, and easy access to the beach. A sophisticated beach holiday.Artworks - Displayed throughout the property. Includes pieces by Fikret Mualla, Nuri İyem, Komet & BoteroViews - Great views from hotelBeach LifeRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, CN Traveller
Caresse 84 rooms from $345Bodrum (Asarlik Mevkii PK 225)
A spectacular five-star resort directly on the Aegean Sea. Luxury abounds with plush suites, an extensive spa, two excellent restaurants and a stunning private beach. Ideal for a romantic escape on the Turkish coast.Total relaxation - The perfect spot to unwind and forget everything, with spectacular suites, it's own private beach, and a deluxe spa.Local exploring - An indulgent base for exploring Bodrum and the surrounding region.Sights nearby - Visit local sights such as Bodrum Windmills and Myndus Gate, both within two miles.Views - Great views from hotel
Maçakizi 74 rooms from $440Bodrum (Türkbükü)
A stunning hotel that attracts celebrity royalty and sun seekers. Rooms and suites in chic beach style with balconies, some private pools, and all the mod cons. Fantastic restaurant, spa, and lounge decks. An upmarket beach holiday.Views - Stunning views over the AegeanBeach LifeFamiliesSpa - Nuxe spa with outdoor treatment tentsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape, CN Traveller, Kiwi Collection