- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Uçhisar
From the top of Uçhisar’s castle you can pretty much see the whole of Cappadocia spread out all around you - it’s the tallest point in the region. And it’s a breathtaking sight, this strange lunar landscape with its cave villages and ‘fairy-chimneys’, the eroding volcanic pillars which spike up unexpectedly out of the rich, volcanic soil. Some of the best places to stay in Uçhisar are underground cave dwellings converted into hotels - and some of them most luxurious. But, if you don’t like the idea of sleeping under this once restless earth, our Guru recommends Kale Konak as one of the best places to stay in Uçhisar, a traditional Turkish hotel right next to the castle.
Many people come to Uçhisar for the landscape and this region’s strange history, but unlike the other villages in the region, Uçhisar was once best known for its Club Med resort, which was extremely popular with Gallic visitors. The town’s changed since then, but it’s still a popular spot with the French, though now days it’s much more of a family village.
The castle is definitely the main site in Uçhisar, as well as the spectacular views from the top, it’s a fascinating warren of tunnels and rooms, churches and citadels, all carved into this huge volcanic rock.
Uçhisar is also a great base for exploring the region. Pigeon Valley, between Uçhisar and Göreme is definitely worth exploring - it’s about a two hour walk between towns. Uçhisar is also known for its restaurants.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Uchisar has something for everyone, whether you're travelling with family or want a slice of luxury.
The Best Places to Stay in Uçhisar
The Best Places to Stay in Uçhisar for Families
- Argos in Cappadocia is a collection of beautiful stone houses and suites set into a hillside. There are 53 luxurious rooms with stone walls and sumptuous furnishings - some of the rooms have hot tubs. And terraces with spectacular views over the surrounding landscape.
- Kale Konak is a traditional Turkish building occupying one of the highest points in Uçhisar. There are 14 large rustic, almost medieval feeling rooms, plus stunning views. You’re right by the castle and close to numerous restaurants.
The Most Luxurious Places to Stay in Uçhisar
- If you're looking for a high end hotel experience, book the Cappadocia Cave Resort. This is a big hotel - there are 79 rooms - built into the hillside with stunning views of the valleys below. As well as the theatrical setting this resort also has several fabulous restaurants, cavernous rooms and suites and an impressive spa.
The Most Romantic Places to Stay in Uçhisar
- The Museum Hotel is an especially warm and magical cave hotel - probably because these are some of the most opulent caves you'll have ever seen, with charming antiques, subtle lighting, large warm spaces and hot tubs. The Museum Hotel also has one of Cappadocia's best restaurants.
The Best Value Places to Stay in Uçhisar
- The Taskonaklar Rocky Palace is a charming complex of 18 rooms and suites with excellent views and reams of history. Expect stone walls, killim rugs, fireplaces and stepped terraces, and all starting from around £75 per night.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Uçhisar for you?
Best Hotels in Uçhisar
Taskonaklar Rocky Palace 18 rooms from $94Uçhisar
An excellent value boutique hotel with stunning views. Traditional rooms and suites combine history and romance. Stone walls, killim rugs, fireplaces and stepped terraces. An excellent choice for a couple or family, plenty to explore in the immediate surrounds.Value chicViews - Great views from hotelLocal markets - Good for local colour.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
Kale Konak 14 rooms from $125Uçhisar (Nevsehir)
A traditional Turkish building at the highest point of Uchisar. More medieval rustic than rustic chic. Large traditional rooms and suites with no frills attached. Stunning views and easy access to restaurants and outdoor pursuits. A great value choice for a family.Views - Breathtaking views over the surrounding countryside and Argeus MountainSights nearby - Situated right next door to Uchisar CastleGreat walks - Good for walkers.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Argos in Cappadocia 53 rooms from $169Uçhisar
A cluster of old stone houses and sumptuous suites and tunnels set on a hill and in the rock face. Luxurious and romantic rooms have stone walls, sumptuous furnishings and hot tubs. Lovely terraces have stunning views over the landscape. Very romantic but family friendly too.Architectural - Ancient stone houses and tunnels carved from the cliff face.Views - Wondrous views over breathtaking landscape.LuxuryRomantic BreakRecommended by - Tablet, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
Museum Hotel 30 rooms from $230Uçhisar
A stunning luxury hotel in magical surroundings. Historical, romantic and opulent cavernous interiors make for a perfect honeymoon or couples getaway. Rooms and suites have subtle lighting, large warm spaces and hot tubs. Fabulous restaurant, spa, and gorgeous countryside to explore.Foodies - One of Cappdocia's best restaurants.Views - Beautiful valley views.ArchitecturalRomantic BreakRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Relais & Chateaux
Cappadocia Cave Resort & Spa 104 rooms from $281Uçhisar
A stunning hotel built into the hillside with stunning views over the valleys below. A theatrical setting and architectural marvel with cavernous rooms and suites, fabulous restaurants, and an impressive spa. A luxury spot in a privileged location.Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Situated close to Uchisar castleSwimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolsPrivate Hot TubRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels