- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Maui
Island of many beauties and many adventures, everything you do in Maui comes with a spectacular backdrop which varies from lava flows, to sky scraping waterfalls, to lush jungles, tropical gardens, bamboo forests, peaks, cliffs and of course as near-to-perfect beaches as you’ll find. And in our Gurus’ opinions the best places to stay in Maui have at least one of these spectacular outlooks.
When it comes to choosing the best places to stay in Maui they’re as varied as the kinds of holidays this island is suited for.
Do you want to have an adventure? see the sights? just relax? Knowing the highlights of Maui to recommend really depends on why you’ve read this far, but some of the unmissable things to see include:
- the Molokini Crater - one of the world’s great snorkelling and diving sights,
- Big Beach and the Makena State Park,
- the vast, bare crater of Haleakal? National Park - home to more endangered species than any other park in the U.S.,
- the road between Kahului and Hana - off which you’ll find some of the island’s most spectacular jungle landscape,
- and you should try and attend a Luau - it’s classic, but still a must-do on Maui.
You might also want to surf or windsurf? sea kayak or canoe? parasail? try out a zip line? dive or snorkel? cycle or mountain bike? hike? Maui is a wonderful spot for all of these outdoor pursuits and more.
It’s not an obvious consideration when confronted by all this tropical beauty, but Maui is also a great place to eat. Of course the seafood is good, but there’s plenty of variety in the local dishes, and enough international imports to keep even the fussiest eaters happy.
But Maui’s not just a Summer destination, in Winter you’ll be joined in the waters off Makena Bay by humpback whales.
As a year round destination, it's a busy island, so the best places to stay in Maui get booked up well in advance. If you're planning a visit, get organised and reserve ahead.
- Travaasa Hana is a collection of 70 cottages surrounded by lush jungle, with the odd break in the tropical foliage for a pool, tennis court, croquet lawn and numerous private and communal hot tubs. It gets better though - all of the cottages have ocean views and there’s a great local menu.
For romance and adventure
- The Hotel Wailea is on Maui’s southern coast, surrounded by 15 acres of tropical gardens. As well as all the local walking it also offers yoga and other fitness classes and there are lovely nearby beaches and a great Mediterranean restaurant.
For a classic resort break
- The Four Seasons Maui at Wailea is ideal if you’re looking for a tropical island resort break. There are three beautiful salt water pools, palm trees, sea views, three restaurants, complimentary outrigger canoe hire and plenty of exploring to be done nearby.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay on Maui for you?
Best Hotels in Maui
Travaasa Hana 70 rooms from $460Hana, Maui
70 ocean view cottages in 70 acres of lush tropical gardens that house a pool, tennis court, croquet lawn and various private and communal hot tubs. High ceiling and contemporary in decor, rooms are luxurious with private seating and scenic views. The menu is locally inspired and created for all.Bar - Popular with locals.Fishing - See how the fishermen do it with throw net fishing.Views - All cottages have views of the ocean.Great walks - Go see the spectacular waterfalls.
Four Seasons Maui at Wailea 380 rooms from $500Wailea, Maui
This seaside spot is picture perfect. Between three salt pools, 24 hour fitness studios, the three restaurants and countless activities there truly is something for everyone. Rooms are modern and luxurious with sea views. Perfect for relaxing, local beach exploring or romantic island life getaways.Kayaking - Complimentary outrigger canoes for all.Great walks - Walk along Makena Beach State Park.Views - Sea views to die for.Seaside - Hawaii at its finest.
Hotel Wailea 72 rooms from $500Kihei, Maui
Sitting in 15 acres of tropical gardens on the Maui's southern coastline are luxurious and spacious rooms for romantic getaways and adventurous couples. The award winning Capische offers Mediterranean dishes. Fitness and yoga are on tap,the beaches are a must and the setting oozes intimacy and calm.Great walks - Through the tropical gardens and pick the exotic reigional fruit.Remote - Sitting in 15 acres of lush tropical gardens.Views - Stunning views on the sea.Romantic - Designed for couples.