- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Oregon
Best Hotels in Oregon
Ashland Springs Hotel 70 rooms from $139Ashland
Historic, beaux arts style, landmark hotel in downtown Ashland. Elegant and classic interiors sit alongside many original features and all the mod cons. Larks restaurant is award winning and champions seasonal local produce, plus there's a spa for pampering. Ideal for Shakespeare Festival goers!Spa - Waterstone Spa uses natural products that are bio dynamically farmed, organic and many a time, local.Great walks - Tackle some of the Pacific Crest Trail, hike Mt. Ashland or simply explore North Mountain Park.Sights nearby - Just a few minutes' walk from the site of the annual home of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.Views - Views onto Mt Ashland from many rooms and suites
Timberline Lodge 70 rooms from $145
A cosy retreat in the mountains, perfect for relaxing next to a blazing fire in your private wood-panelled room after a day spent on the snowy slopes of Mount Hood. Rustic interiors. Cascade Dining Room dishes up a taste of Oregon. Outdoor heated pool and mountain-view hot tub, sauna, gym, library.Great walks - Timberline Trail is a 40+ mile loop around Mount Hood mostly in protected wilderness.Views - Panoramic views over the picturesque snowscapes of Mt Hood.Swimming Pool - Year-round outdoor pool.Outstanding location
Tu Tu' Tun Lodge 16 rooms from $150Gold Beach, Oregon
Cosiness meets sophistication at this riverside lodge. Vaulted cedar ceilings, private terrace/balconies, fireplaces, Italian linens and the odd private hot-tub introduce the utmost levels of comfort to rustic Americana. Delicious, wholesome fare is served on-site. Fishing, kayaking, golf, hiking.Fishing - Enjoy fishing the historic Rogue almost year round. There’s enough opportunity to tempt any angler from beginner to hard-core.Hideaway - Tucked away on the banks of the Rogue River, far from bright city lights and the distractions of modern technology.Restrictions on children - Guests 10 years and older are welcome May through October ; All ages are welcome November through April.Kayaking - Single or double sea kayaks are available. Also, have fun trying the standup paddleboards.
Tyee Lodge 5 rooms from $169Newport, Oregon
Atop a bluff overlooking the Pacific, each of Tyee Lodge's five unique bedrooms offers panoramic views of the sea. Drawing inspiration from the Native American heritage of the Pacific North-West, rooms are themed with traditional motifs. Mouth-watering and varied breakfasts are served daily.Fishing - Ten minutes drive from the B&B, Captain Reel's Deep Sea Fishing offers to take you out on the high seas.Views - Lots of windows - every room has 40+ square feet of glass and views of the sand, surf, and horizon!Restrictions on children - This a romantic lodge, catering to couples. Please, no children under the age of 12 years.Sights nearby - The Hatfield Marine Science Center and Oregon Coast Aquarium are a mere 12m drive away
Surfsand Resort 97 rooms from $199Cannon Beach
Family-friendly, tranquil resort on impressive Cannon Beach. Interiors are classic with a beachy vibe, light colours and natural woods. Balconies and soaking tub in some rooms. On-site restaurant serves American classics prepared with care, or you can kick back with a beach BBQ. Gym, indoor pool.Romantic - What can be more romantic than a barefoot stroll along a pristine beach, bathed in the light of a Pacific sunset?Kids Club - Taffy’s Kids’ Club crafts and activitiesViews - Views of the Pacific Ocean and Haystack RockGreat walks - Stroll down four miles of sandy beaches.Recommended by - Tablet
The Benson 287 rooms from $242Portland
Imposing heritage hotel in bustling downtown Portland inspired by European grandeur. Interiors are classic and inviting with a neutral palette of chocolate and cream, wood trim and glass accents. Mouth-watering restaurants serve steaks and lighter meals. Fitness centre, business centre.Sights nearby - The Portland Art Museum, with its collection of American, Asian, European and Indigenous art, is just a ten-minute journey away.Lively area - In the thick of the action.Recommended by - Tablet
The Heathman Hotel 150 rooms from $255Portland
An early 20th century architectural gem with Art Deco features and sensitively restored bedrooms which retain the original aesthetic. Rooms have Lotus Luxury bed linen, bold sunburst headboards and a rich colour palette. On-site dining serves locally sourced produce and elegant Afternoon Tea.Sights nearby - Visit Portland Art Museum, a mere five-minute walk from the hotel.Lively area - In the thick of the action.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
The Sentinel 100 rooms from $269Portland
Beautifully renovated 1909 property with wood panelling, leather furniture and contemporary rooms with all modern amenities. Rooms in sage, lavender and taupe feature pillow-topped mattresses, large windows and deliciously soft fabrics. On-site restaurant with a stunning stained glass dome.Romantic - Good for couples.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Tablet
Hotel DeLuxe 130 rooms from $269Portland
Gilded trim, Czech glass chandeliers, a 1950s-style cocktail lounge, art deco artefacts and casual extravagance make this hotel a unique offering in hipster Portland. Unabashedly magnificent rooms feature pastel colour palettes and chic leather and wood furnishings. Fine-dining restaurant on-site.Sights nearby - Just a few minutes walk from Providence Park sport stadium.Lively area - In the thick of the action.Romantic - Good for couples.OpulentRecommended by - Tablet
Stephanie Inn 41 rooms from $319Cannon Beach
The oceanfront Stephanie Inn offers well-appointed rooms and suites with view of the beach and ocean. Interiors entice and delight, with in-room fireplaces, four poster beds, and whirlpool tubs. Enjoy an epicurean dining experience at The Stephanie Dining Room or borrow a bike and go for a ride!Restrictions on children - Children older than 12 years are welcome - but no young children makes for a blissful stay!On the beach - Located directlly on the Pacific Ocean, only 28 steps to the beachPrivate Hot Tub - Some rooms have private jacuzzi bathtubs.Views - The hotel overlooks the Pacific Ocean
Channel House 5 rooms from 330Depoe Bay, Oregon
Cliff-top B&B with panoramic sea-views and an emphasis on romance. Lovingly appointed rooms and suites feature gas fireplaces, private balconies and whirlpool tubs. Get cosy with a glass of wine and watch the sun sink beneath the horizon. Complementary breakfast is served every morning in-room.Sights nearby - OPRD Whale Watching Center can be reached on foot in less than five minutes.Restrictions on children - Guests must be aged 16 or older.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Great walks - Good for walkers.
The Allison Inn & Spa 77 rooms from $405Newberg, Oregon
An idyllic haven right in Oregon wine country. Guests are greeted with a welcome basket of local goodies. Gas fireplace, balcony/terrace, down bedding and spa bath in each room lends a deserved ambiance of luxury. Award-winning wine list and regionally sourced fine dining. Spa, gym, pool.Sights nearby - One of America's only remaining drive-in movie theatres, the 99 West, is a 6-minute drive from Allison Inn & Spa.Outstanding location - Located within the urban limits of the town, but with the feel of being in the middle of Oregon wine country.Spa - Spa with, 12 treatment rooms, signature "pinotherapy" treatment & productsGreat walks - There are many scenic hikes through the fertile vineyards of this region.
Whale Cove Inn from $425Depoe Bay, Oregon
Romantic adults-only hotel on the Central Oregon Coast, with incredible seaviews over a protected wildlife cove - guests can sometimes spot endangered whales from their private balcony hot tubs. Beck Restaurant is an outpost of fine and adventurous dining, with a wide selection of wines.Romantic - Elect for a Champagne Package or Anniversary Package to spend some quality time with your special someone.Great walks - This is a great area for hiking in the natural rainforests of the Pacific North-West.Private Hot Tub - A private hot tub is on every suite balcony at Whale Cove Inn.Restrictions on children - Guests are welcome from the age of 16 onwards.
All our Oregon collections:
- The Best Places to Stay in Portland
- The Best Places to Stay in Ashland
- The Best Places to Stay in Cannon Beach
Oregon’s a varied place. Rocky mountains dotted with volcanoes and glaciers run down into dense, evergreen forests or stark deserts, and finally the land reaches the coastline, in places rugged and in others sandy. And of course there are the cities and towns, which are as varied as the geography. This is a stunning state. But that doesn’t make it easy for our Gurus when they’re trying to come up with their recommendations for the best places to stay in Oregon.
The best places to stay in Oregon range from tiny B&Bs with panoramic ocean views to fabulous five star hotels ripe for city breaking.
If you’re looking for adventures in the great outdoors you might want to head to Mt. Hood and the Oregon Cascades for the skiing; or experience the frighteningly deep and breathtakingly blue waters of Crater Lake and the wonderfully dramatic hiking trails of the Crater Lake National Park. Or, if you like ocean views there’s Cape Perpetua, a volcanic remnant and the highest point on Oregon’s rugged coastline. You might hunt for fossils in John Day County, which has one of the world’s greatest fossil collections; or go white water rafting in Southern Oregon.
Those wanting a relaxing break might taste wine in the Willamette Valley, or take a long drive along the rocky coast. You might visit the tiny city of Ashland, surrounded by the beautiful Rogue Valley and best known for being the home of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival - which runs for nine months of the year.
If you want city lights you might see the sights of Salem, or city break in Portland, with its wonderful town-y charm, pretty, varied neighbourhoods and vibrant city centre.
Whatever your reason for visiting, we've put together a comprehensive list of the best places to stay in Oregon, which has something for all tastes and budgets.
For a city break
- The Benson in Portland is a European, heritage style hotel in the heart of Portland, with almost three hundred rooms and a choice of restaurants. You’re close to many of the main sights, including the Portland Art Museum.
- Also in Portland, the 150 room Heathman Hotel is Art Deco in style, with lots of original early 20th Century features and a bold colour palette. They’re also known for their elegant afternoon tea.
- Still in Portland, The Sentinel also dates from the early 20th Century, though this time the decor is more modern. You’re still well located for all the major sights, and there’s a stunning restaurant.
- Whale Cove Inn is a romantic, adults only hotel with incredible sea views over a protected cove. Sometimes you might spot a whale from your balcony hot tub, or from the restaurant. Perfect for those who love the great outdoors.
- The 130 rooms of the unashamedly magnificent Hotel DeLuxe in Portland are just a few minutes from Providence Park, making this a central and beautifully extravagant choice - with a fine dining restaurant.
- The Tyee Lodge in Newport sits on top of a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean and has wonderful panoramic views of the sea from its five bedrooms. Only children over 12 are welcome.
- Channel House in Depoe Bay is another five room, clifftop property. This time the rooms have private balconies, fireplaces and whirlpool tubs as well as panoramic sea views.
For a beach break
- The Surfsand Resort is a family friendly resort in Cannon Beach, with classic, beach interiors in its 97 rooms. Some rooms have balconies and soaking tubs. There’s also a kid’s club, classic American restaurant and a beach barbecue.
- The Stephanie Inn has 41 rooms right on the oceanfront at Cannon Beach. Rooms have fireplaces, four-poster beds and whirlpool tubs, and there’s a great dining room.
The best places to stay in Oregon to escape
- The Timberline Lodge is a cosy mountain retreat on the slopes of Mount Hood, with 70, wood panelled rooms snd rustic interiors. There’s a hot tub with mountain views, an outdoor heated pool and a great dining room.
- The Tu Tu' Tun Lodge is great for fishing, boating and walking. It’s also great for relaxing. On the peaceful banks of the Rogue River, this is a cosy, 16 room riverside lodge with a delicious, wholesome restaurant and nice details.
- The Allison Inn & Spa is one of the best places to stay in Oregon for food and wine lovers. It’s right in the heart of Oregon’s wine country, and has an award winning wine list and a fine dining restaurant proud of its regionally sourced fare.
For something different
- The Ashland Springs Hotel is a classic hotel in central Ashland, with large windows and picturesque views. There’s an elegant spa and beauty parlour and you’re just a few minutes from the site of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.