- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Savannah
There are few travel brochures as beguiling and persuasive as ‘Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil’. It shows up the languid romance and graceful old beauty of this proper Southern Belle magnificently. The warmth and the grand colonial architecture lead to evening strolls and late meals and the Spanish moss literally dripping from the trees makes it seem other worldly and a bit magical. Many of our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Savannah are in the historic district where the generously proportioned mansions sit quietly around beautiful squares.
But if you’re looking for somewhere lively then you’ll find revelry too, just choose one of the best places to stay in Savannah’s central district.
As well as strolling along the river and in and out of the old squares admiring the architecture - including the Mercer-Williams House portrayed in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil’ - Savannah’s history is also worth unpicking, so make time during your stay to visit the Wormsloe Plantation Site - which occupies a wonderfully dreamy spot on the Isle of Hope, and the Savannah History Museum.
Savannah also has a Museum of Art and an Academy of Arts and Sciences. And there are some really great parks - including Forsyth Park with its amazing fountains. City Market is where you’ll find a lot of the affordable art studios Savannah is also known for.
And you’ll probably also find it easy to lose yourself in several of the cosy little bars, cafes and restaurants you’ll find on your strollings. There’s a Southern saying that the first thing they’ll ask you in Atlanta is your business, the first thing they’ll ask you in Charleston is your Mother’s maiden name and the first things they’ll ask you in Savannah is what you’d like to drink!
Don't forget to plan well ahead if you want to guarantee a bed in one of the best places to stay in Savannah....it's an ever popular destination year round.
For a special occasion
- The River Street Inn was once the cotton store and overlooks the Savannah River. There are 86 rooms, which are more modern and comfortable inside than you’d expect from the historic exterior. Light and airy, well located and there’s a great seafood restaurant.
- The Stephen Williams House is a five room B&B converted from a Federal mansion built in 1834. The interiors are beautifully done with lovely antiques and there’s a peaceful garden. Breakfast is served at your convenience.
- The Azalea Inn & Gardens is an Italian style mansion turned B&B in a leafy part of town. It has 13 large rooms decorated with antiques. They do the breakfast in room, but drinks are served by the pool every evening.
- Ballastone Inn has been converted from another charming old mansion in the heart of the historic district. Each of the 16 rooms is unique and has charming features - like four-poster beds and marble baths.
For a city break
- The Andaz Savannah is a contemporary hotel with 150 rooms, well located in the heart of Savannah. Here you’ll find all the mod. cons., plus lovely city views, Southern hospitality and a sun deck by the pool.
For great value
- The Brice is right behind Jackson Square, a converted shop with 145 large, modern rooms, a pool, library and business facilities. There’s an Italian restaurant and a great bar. Rooms start from around £120 per night.
Still not sure which to book? Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Savannah, widen the net and check out all our properties in Georgia, or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Savannah
The Brice 145 rooms from $164Savannah (Georgia)
A Coca-Cola top shop turned into a contemporary landmark on the heels of Jackson Square. Large rooms offer all mod-cons and city views, marble bathrooms and access to library, pool and business facilities. Pacci serves Italian cuisine and the bar is great for a nightcap. Explore by bike or on foot.Sights nearby - Washington Square is on your doorstep.Views - Great views from hotelFull of characterLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
The Stephen Williams House 5 rooms from $195Savannah (128 West Liberty Street)
1834 Federal mansion turned intimate boutique B&B, decked with antiques and in a prime location. All five rooms are unique, cosy and display an intimate charm. Breakfast is served at your convenience. A peaceful garden provides sanctuary after a day of exploring the fascinating historical Savannah.Fishing - Head to Ossabaw Island for fishing, camping and trekking.Great walks - Forsyth Park for athletic tracks to jog or walk around.Sights nearby - Cathedral of St. John the Baptist.Hideaway - Tranquil and intimate.
Ballastone Inn 16 rooms from $199Savannah (Georgia)
This B&B in the heart of Savannah Historical District is romantic and intimate. Unique rooms have four-poster beds, plush linens and private bathrooms. Breakfast is a southern affair for all guests. In the evening, the bar awaits. The great location is ideal for exploring the city on foot.Sights nearby - Oglethorpe Square is a hop and a skip away.Romantic - Good for couples.Four poster beds - For romantics.Opulent
Andaz Savannah 151 rooms from $210Savannah (Georgia)
This urban contemporary hotel offers a pool, business and fitness centre. Large, modern rooms with city views and all the mod-cons. 22 Square offers delicious handcrafted cocktails and the food represents the flavours of the South. Relax on the sun deck poolside or head into the historical district.Sights nearby - Jackson Square, Ellis Square and City Market are all on the doorstep.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet
Azalea Inn & Gardens 13 rooms from $280Savannah (Georgia)
Italian style mansion come B&B in a residential and leafy part of town. Large rooms decked with antique furnishings, fireplaces, private balconies and modern bathrooms. In room breakfast as well as an evening glass of wine by the pool. Great spot to explore Savannah at your leisure - foot or bike.Sights nearby - Mercer House is haunted (apparently) so head there to be spooked!Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorFour poster beds - For romantics.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet
River Street Inn 86 rooms from $520Savannah (Georgia)
1817 former cotton store overlooking the Savannah River, historical architecture meets contemporary luxury. Large and light rooms wrapped around a central atrium with private balconies. Bernie's offers seafood and local cuisine accompanied with live music and fine bar selection. A prime spot in townSights nearby - Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist.OpulentLively area - In the thick of the action.Full of character