- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Hoi An
About Hoi An
Undoubtedly one of Vietnam’s most atmospheric towns, Hoi An is an historic delight. A former port on the Thu Bon River near Da Nang, its old merchant houses have been converted into stylish restaurants, art galleries and tailors. The best places to stay in Hoi An are ideal for exploring both the town itself and the surrounding area.
In 1999, the old town was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in an effort to preserve its core of historic architecture, a stunning mix of Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, and European styles. Though it has since become one of the nation’s wealthiest and busiest tourist towns, it is almost entirely saved from the modern blights of traffic and pollution, meaning this cosmopolitan melting pot retains its easy going provincial demeanor.
- Fancy a wardrobe update? Tailors will happily sew you up a new suit or gown from inside one of the photogenic Chinese-style shop houses. We suggest you bring an old favorite to have copied.
- In the family: The Tan Ky House is two centuries old and lovingly preserved through seven generations. Keep an eye out for signs of Japanese and Chinese influences and see how Vietnamese merchants lived more than 200 years ago.
- Kodak moment: the picturesque Japanese covered bridge is a veritable emblem of old Hoi An, with wonderfully detailed Japanese carvings and statues it makes for a particularly romantic photo opportunity.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Hoi An feature a luxurious beach side resort and a serene riverside boutique.
For sophisticated beach lovers
- Contemporary, design-focused, the sleekest beach hotel around - The Nam Hai has re-invigorated Vietnam’s luxury hotel scene.
For a blend of local and colonial charm
- Positioned on the banks of the Thu Bon River, the Anantara Hoi An is a charming boutique retreat. The hotel was designed to reflect Hoi An’s fascinating cultural diversity with French, Dutch, Chinese, and Japanese -influenced interiors. The river cruise is a particular highlight.
Best Hotels in Hoi An
Anantara Hoi An 94 rooms from $135Hoi An (Quang Nam Province,)
Delightful boutique hotel on the banks of the Thu Bon river, in a historic part of Hoi An. Light and airy rooms feature separate seating areas, private balconies and jacuzzi tubs. There is an inviting outdoor pool and spa plus fine dining at Lanterns restaurant. A stylish city setting.Great walks - The hotel organises walking tours of Cham Imperial City of My Son and the Marble Mountain.SpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorFour poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
The Nam Hai 100 rooms from $518Hoi An (Quảng Nam,)
Equal parts immaculate and stylish. A beach hotel that's great for families or couples. Contemporary Vietnamese artwork adorns the walls alongside hand spun silks & polished local wood. Rooms are palatial with state of the art bathrooms. Plus three pools, four tennis courts, a spa and fine dining.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Romantic - Good for couples.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet