- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Save time, save money
Wine hotels in Margaret River
Hugging the south-western coastline of the state of Western Australia, Margaret River sits between Cape Naturaliste in the north and Cape Leeuwin in the south. The state’s premier wine region, it has a cooler, temperate climate which allows it to develop more complex wines, often favourably compared with Bordeaux. As it’s a coastal region, the best wine hotels in Margaret River provide a great way of combining a relaxing beach holiday with a wine-tasting trip.
Margaret River wine hotels on the beach
- Overlooking the bay, Smiths Beach Resort has something for everyone, with both villas and self-catering apartments. Some villas have up to four bedrooms so are perfect for families. Slick and modern in style, there’s also a spa and separate adults’ and children’s pools.
- For something more romantic, Injidup Spa Retreat has 10 luxury villas perched right above the beach. All soft creams and whites, with decks and private plunge pools, this is a definite ‘retreat’. Have a barbie on the beach or ask chef to come and cook in-villa. As well as a spa, there are plenty of water sports and wildlife-watching opportunities - including whales in season.
Wine hotels in Margaret River with vineyards or wineries
- Set amongst the Yallingup vineyards and 40 acres of private parkland, Cape Lodge’s 22 suites ooze contemporary country-house elegance. There’s also a five-bedroom villa if you’d prefer to do your own thing but still benefit from the hotel’s amenities: tennis courts, spa, cookery lessons, wildlife trips plus a restaurant with a 14,000-bottle wine cellar.
- The Empire Retreat & Spa has just ten villas and suites around a luxury farmhouse which has its own winery. Rooms make good use of natural materials but with a chic and stylish touch. The restaurant has wraparound windows to maximise the views, plus there’s a spa.
Margaret River wine hotels for a B&B stay
- It may be a B&B but Windmills Break has five-star standards: chic styling, private terraces, bathrooms overlooking gardens, floor-to-ceiling windows and an infinity pool. Gourmet breakfasts are served on the terrace plus there’s an outdoor spa tucked in the 10 acres of lush grounds.
As the region is only three hours’ drive south of Perth, a Margaret River wine hotel is a great way of extending a Perth city-sightseeing stay. For a full list of our choice of the best wine hotels in Australia, click here, or you can check out our full list of recommendations for Perth or Western Australia. HotelList ids="35553,35573,35653,35663,40423"]