- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Best Hotels in Provence's Towns and Villages
Provence’s towns may not be as glamorous as those of the Cote d'Azur, but they’re also less expensive and overdeveloped. And the same can be said for the best hotels in Provence’s towns and villages!
But you can also find some of the best hotels in Provence’s towns and villages in the sleepier country towns or the lovely hill villages dotting the region. Our Guru’s recommended hotels range from simple yet charming village inns to magnificent converted town mansions.
Best Hotels in Provence’s Towns and Villages
For history buffs
- La Mirande in central Avignon is an immaculately decorated former Cardinal’s mansion complete with a courtyard full of sculptures and a Michelin starred restaurant.
- The Hôtel La Maison de Sophie is a well positioned Art Deco townhouse B&B in Nîmes, just a short stroll from the old Roman arena.
- If you want to be close to the amphitheatre in Arles there’s the Hotel de L'Amphithéâtre, which has large rooms and elegant decorations, but at very reasonable prices.
- The Grand Hôtel Nord-Pinus is a quirky but elegant townhouse hotel with a Moorish feel and a famous Bohemian bar in central Arles,
- or, also in Arles, is the L'Hôtel Particulier, an elegant boutique hotel in a classical mansion with just 13 rooms and a small spa and hammam.
- You might try La Maison sur la Sorgue, an 18th Century family mansion and boutique maison d’hote with just four rooms in peaceful L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue,
- or there’s Le Mas des Romarins, another of our best hotels in Provence’s towns and villages for couples, with its historic, character-ful rooms, wonderful views, secret gardens and swimming pool.
Best Hotels in Provence’s Towns and Villages - Small Town Triumphs
- La Bastide de Boulbon is a beautifully renovated mansion with ten rooms and a small pool and lovely grounds in the charming medieval town of Boulbon.
- Or consider the beautifully converted sandstone B&B, Les Sardines aux Yeux Bleus in a secluded hamlet setting. There are just three rooms, and a lovely pool and gardens - very rustic-chic.
- The Hôtel Spa le Calendal is in central Arles, right by the Amphitheatre, and has 38 spacious rooms which start from £85 per night.
For great value
- Le Mas des Carassins is a charming stone farmhouses surrounded by lavender bushes and lemon trees and has 22 rooms starting from around £75 per night.
But there options on our list of the best hotels in Provence’s towns and villages which are even more affordable:
- try the Auberge de l’Orangerie, in Piolenc, which has just five attractive rooms and lovely cool terracotta floors starting from £70 per night,
- or there’s Le Beffroi in Vaison La Romaine, a traditional hotel converted from a number of beautiful old homes, with 22 rooms starting from around £67 per night.
- The Hotel Crillon le Brave is a smart hotel in a charming hilltop village, with luxurious rooms, stunning views and a fine dining restaurant,
- or for something more central try the Villa Gallici in Aix-en-Provence which also has fine dining, on its beautiful terraces when the weather is right.
Best Hotels in Provence’s Towns and Villages to escape to
- L'Hôtel Sous les Figuiers in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence is a charming, 14 room B&B with private terraces and a garden full of fig trees. As well as the peaceful atmosphere they also run artist’s workshops and painting classes.
- Or try La Bouscatière right on the spectacular cliff-edge at Moustiers Sainte-Marie, with just five pretty rooms and simple, home-cooked meals.
If you haven’t found your idea of the perfect place to stay in Provence on our Guru’s list of the Best Hotels in Provence’s Towns and Villages you could:
- refine your list to focus on our Guru’s list of the best places to stay in Rural Provence,
- or the best places to stay in Nimes, or the best places to stay in Orange, or Arles,
- expand your search to include our list of all the best places to stay in Provence,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.