- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Book Now
The Best Hotels in Midhurst
Midhurst is an attractive, prosperous town at the western end of the Sussex Weald and a great base for London’s mini-breakers. Our recommendations for the best hotels in Midhurst all make for a great weekend away amongst the charms of West Sussex, or the perfect place to stay after watching the motor racing or flat racing at nearby Goodwood, or an afternoon’s polo at Cowdray Park.
More of Midhurst's charms:
- On the local Cowdray estate are the lovely ruins of the main house, a peaceful walled gardens, the potential for golf, fishing or clay pigeon shooting, and of course the polo.
- Midhurst is also a short drive from Chichester, with its beautiful cathedral, Petworth House, the Roman villas at Fishbourne and Bignor and St. Anne’s Hill, site of Midhurst’s Norman Castle.
The Best Hotels in Midhurst for Country House Escapes
- The Park House Hotel is a traditional, 21 room hotel in the heart of the South Downs, with tennis courts, a spa and both indoor and outdoor pools. The bar is decorated with photographs of previous celebrity guests, and great polo players, as well as the former matriarch of the hotel who liked to keep such a close eye on things that she slept next to the kitchen.
The Best Hotels in Midhurst for Great Value
- The Angel is a Georgian coaching inn in the centre of town, the 13 rooms drip with history and there’s an inventive menu, and with rooms starting from £119 per night, it’s also one of the best hotels in Midhurst for great value.
The Best Hotels in Midhurst for Foodies
- Built in 1430, the Spread Eagle has a historic feel, with traditional decor, including heavy fabrics, four poster beds and open fireplaces. But what makes it one of the best hotels in Midhurst for foodies is the totally modern menu of British classics. And there’s also a throughly modern spa.
- If you’re looking for a small, historic charmer, then the Royal Oak is ideal. It's an attractive, 200 year old inn with five small, but nicely decorated rooms, a cosy pub/bar and good, hearty fare.
The Best Hotels in Midhurst for Walkers
- If you want to visit Midhurst to walk the South Downs, then book The Halfway Bridge, a 17th Century coaching inn with walking routes right out of the hotel gates. The six modern rooms are in the converted stables and there’s a small garden and a popular restaurant.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best hotels in Midhurst on our Guru’s list, expand your search to include the the best places to stay in West Sussex, or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice
Park House Hotel 21 rooms from $196Midhurst, West Sussex
A timeless family hotel, in the heart of the South Downs National Park. Classically styled rooms brim with old school elegance and comfort. The popular restaurant serves locally sourced wholesome cuisine. A unique spot in West Sussex, complete with grass tennis courts, two pools and spa.Exclusive offer - Weekend Indulgence GetawayCountry Escape - The hotel grounds boasts a croquet lawn, golf course, grass tennis courts and the surrounding hills beckoning for country walks.Total relaxation - With spa treatments, indoor and outdoor pool, sauna and steam room plus a terraced bar for whiling away the afternoon.Sights nearby - Roman villas at Fishbourne and Bignor, plus Chichester Cathedral and plenty of stately homes close at hand.Great walks - The hotel provides wellies for exploring the South Downs rolling into the distance.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Johansens, Sawdays
The Angel 15 rooms from $158Midhurst, West Sussex
Venerable Georgian coaching inn at the centre of lovely Midhurst. Recently refurbished white washed rooms with exposed beams and antique furniture. Some have spectacular views. Inventive cooking, private dining and lively bar. Dripping with history and well placed to explore the local area.Hideaway - A charming retreat, within easy reach of the South Downs, boasting beautiful antique furnishings and excellent cuisine.Sights nearby - Explore the nearby sights of Petworth House, Arundel Castle and Chichester.Great walks - Explore the miles of walking trials on the stunning South Downs.Four poster beds - For romantics.
Spread Eagle Hotel And Spa 39 rooms from $233Midhurst, West Sussex
Handsome characterful medieval inn with four-poster beds, gourmet restaurant and contemporary spa in the pretty Sussex market town of Midhurst. History lovers and romantics will enjoy a weekend visit or mini break.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolFour poster beds - For romantics.Full of characterSpaRecommended by - Frommers, Johansens
Royal Oak 8 rooms from $190Chichester, West Sussex
Charming 200 year old village inn turned popular restaurant with rooms in a quiet village. Cosy rooms with delicate pretty wallpaper and beamed ceilings. Downstairs a small bar pulls a good pint but the restaurant is the real showstopper. A lovely country escape.Country Escape - Ideally placed for country pursuits such as rambling, fishing and shooting, with hearty food and cosy interiors to return to.Foodies - Feast at the award winning restaurant, serving fresh, local and totally seasonal produce- a fine example of British cooking.Great walks - Bring your wellies and a packed lunch from the hotel and head out to explore the stunning landscape of the South Downs.Sights nearby - Explore the nearby Kingley Vale, home to one of Europe's most impressive and oldest yew forests.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The Halfway Bridge 6 rooms from $171Petworth, West Sussex
Cosy inn with comfortable rooms serving superior pub grub and a warm atmosphere Ideal for couples exploring the Sussex countryside and groups wanting a good spot for a gathering.Local markets - The old market town of Petworth with its independant boutiques, cafes and antique shops is great for local exploring.Sailing - The seaside towns of Bogner Regis and Worthing are great for maritime activities.Great walks - The walking trails of the South Downs are accessible directly from the property.Sights nearby - The impressive Petworth House is just five minutes away and well worth a visit.Recommended by - Sawdays