- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Best spa hotels on Crete
Crete is not only the largest of the Greek islands and with one of the longest summer seasons - it is hot well into October - but has also developed one of the largest collections of luxury resort hotels to be found in Greece. Almost all of these include a spa. This means that, by choosing one of the best spa hotels on Crete, families, couples or groups of friends who might have varying objectives for what they want to do on holiday - sunbathe, be active, try new watersports, splash around the kids' pool, be pampered - are likely to be satisfied. And that's quite an achievement to keep everyone happy! Many of Crete's best spa hotels are around Elounda in eastern Crete, a former fishing village set around the lovely Mirabello Bay.
Best Spa Hotels on Crete
For good value
- Stepping distance from the beach at Réthymno, Rimondi Estate offers great value for a stylish hotel. The historic townhouse hides unexpectedly elegantly cool rooms, some with balconies and hot tubs. The rooftop hides a pool and spa.
- Tucked away in a quiet hill village in the west of the island, Elia Hotel & Spa offers nine charmingly rustic rooms, a small spa and yoga classes as well as tranquil gardens in which to relax and unwind. With views of olive-cloaked hills, the sounds of birdsong and the scent of jasmine, you won’t want to leave.
For a mid-range hotel
- The modern beach resort of Aldemar Royal Mare Village and Thalasso, near Malia in the north east, will suit anyone who likes everything on-site and with a private beach. With over 380 rooms, four pools, a spa, watersports, tennis courts and restaurants, it’s like staying in a mini-Mediterranean village.
- Another modern resort, Minoa Palace Resort & Spa is the smartest address in the north-western part of the island. As well as being slap-bang by the beach, the spa offers a range of treatments from aromatherapy to hot stone massages as well as a hammam.
- The Castello Resort and Spa is an adults only haven in a pretty seaside village. The spa is award winnning and boasts a large indoor pool for various hydrotherapy treatments and a "zero 1" bed for the perfect massage experience. Spacious contemporary rooms, some with private pools. Bilss!
- Casa Delfino, in the heart of Chania's old town, offers sophisticated accommodation just a short stroll from all the action. Plus there's the spa which is only available for exclusive use and features marble steam room, huge jacuzzi whirlpool, two treatment rooms and relaxation area.
- Set around the beautiful Mirabello Bay, and with most rooms having sea views, the Domes of Elounda is a very sleek affair with lots of cream colours and natural materials. As well as a vast spa, it offers a private beach, saltwater pools, three restaurants and plenty of activities.
- The nearby Blue Palace is a honeymoon dream where over half of its rooms - a choice of suites, bungalows and villas - have private infinity pools. Elegant in cool linens and blonde woods, with splashes of Cretan blues, lovely arcades line the public areas. The huge spa and thalassotherapy centre is award-winning.
- Just 15 minutes from the airport and you could be in a different world in Amirandes an opulent affair of low-rise, sugar-cube villas and elegant arcading. Expect reflecting pools, waterfalls, infinity pools, gauzy gazebos on the beach plus a spa mixing Ayurvedic treatments and those using products made from the island’s plants.
- Close to Agios Nikolaos, Daios Cove Luxury Resort epitomises luxury with chic villas and suites in sleek contemporary styles - many with their own infinity pool - and fabulous sea views. There’s an extensive spa, yoga and pilates lessons, plus watersports and three restaurants.
- The Poseidon Spa at the nearby St Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel and Villas is designed to relax and refresh; couples’ treatment rooms are available, plus a hammam, while cocktails are served in the Jacuzzi. One of the island’s earliest luxury resorts, it has a pleasing retro feel - exposed stone, terracotta tiles, vast picture windows - updated with cool colours and an infinity pool and an outdoor cinema.
- Elounda Mare offers top notch luxury and is often frequented by the rich and famous. The Six Senses Spa is truly unforgettable and offers a wide range of both medical and beauty treatments, bespoke packages and much more.
- Elounda Beach Hotel occupies a stunning position with epic sea views. Rooms and suites are contemporary and sleek, many boast a private pool. The spa won't disappoint either - with its holistic approach and use of the "Chenot Method" to tailor make a programme for each individual.
- Finally how about the Elounda Peninsula? It's a sister property to the Elounda Mare so has the same Six Senses Spa on site. It also boasts, stylish all suite accommodation (every room either comes with private jacuzzi or pool), excellent kids' facilities and gourmet dining.
There is no shortage of spas to choose from on the island; the difficulty comes in deciding which one of the best spa hotels on Crete best suits your needs. Nothing here that fits the bill? Expand your search to include all our Crete recommendations.
Rimondi Estate 21 rooms from $103Rethymno
A luxury contemporary classic hotel moments from the beach. A collection of stylish rooms, suites and maisonettes all with lots of natural light, some with private hot tubs, balconies and big open spaces. Wonderful spa and roof top pool area. A romantic spot, yet very family friendly.Romantic Break - In the romantic Venetian quarter of Rethymno with an interior to matchSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor pool with palms on the fringes.Sights nearby - Situated in Rethymno Old TownSpa - Turkish bath available too.Recommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Elia Hotel & Spa 9 rooms from $111Ano Vouves, Crete
This small, rustic spa retreat offers peace and quiet in the Cretan hills. With a pool and a good traditional restaurant, it's the kind of cosy cocoon that some guests won't want to leave, but for those who do the bright lights of Chania are a short drive away.Spa breaks - Sauna and hammamSights nearby - Monastery of Chrissoskalitissa. Ancient Olive Tree Museum and world's oldest olive tree a short walk awayGreat walks - Easy-going walks on the doorstep, challenging treks nearbySpa - Spa treatments including mud massage and aromatherapyRecommended by - I Escape
Aldemar Royal Mare Village and Thalasso 385 rooms from $143Anissaras (Crete)
A vast contemporary beach resort with all the trimmings, lush grounds, four pools and private beach area. Rooms mirror the outdoors, blue and breezy, some suites come with terraces and pools. Enjoy the many dining options, good spa and lots of activities - tennis, water sports and nearby nightlife.Romantic Break - Fine dining and sunset walks hand in hand meet luxorious suites with private plunge pools, plush beds and romantic sea views.Cooking classes - Resident chef George Hatzopoulos gives free weekly cooking classes on traditional Cretian food.Kids Club - Mini club for kids, swimming and all sorts of activites ages 4-12.Swimming Pool - Indoor
Minoa Palace Resort and Spa 254 rooms from $157Chania (Crete)
A modern North Western Crete resort and spa, surrounded by acres of lush landscaped gardens. The modern rooms boast private balconies overlooking the bay, gardens or pool. There are many dining options from Greek to Italian and the four bars serve up wonderful cocktails.Families - Parents chill by the pool while the youngsters make the most of the kids club, childrens playground and entertainment staff.Total relaxation - Relax to the max with hot tub, hammam, sauna, aromatherapy treatments and hot stone massages.Swimming Pool - Luxury Indoor and outdoor poolsLively - Hip and happening.
Castello Resort & Spa 48 rooms from $160Sissi (Epar.Od. Sisiou, Ag)
A luxurious resort located in a beautiful seaside village of Crete. Large rooms with contemporary decor, come with private pools to boot. Boasts of an award winning spa this adults only hotel means total relaxation. Leave feeling rejuvenated.Weddings - Cater to private events such as small vow ceremonies, a full blown wedding or any other personal gatheringsSpa breaks - Advanced spa technology featuring a Zero 1 Bed and other customised aroma-therapies by expertsSwimming Pool - An outdoor and indoor pool for guestsRestrictions on children - adults only HotelRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Casa Delfino 24 rooms from $197Chania (Crete)
Beautifully restored 17th Century Chania mansion, in the heart of town. Venetian style grandeur, with contemporary opulence in all the unique 22 suites. Intimate and luxurious with fantastic views and a great spa. Walking distance to Chania's best restaurants and main attractions. A charming haven.Honeymoons - The honeymoon suite oozes romance with sumptuous linens, roof terrace boasting panoramic views of the harbour and a jacuzzi tub.Total relaxation - A pampering massage, followed by a steam in the Hammam are sure to work off all that sight seeing stress.Great walks - The harbour is a fantastic spot for an evening stroll, full of activity all the way down to the lighthouse.Local markets - Chania has plenty to offer with tonnes of leather and jewellery shops plus its famed covered food market.Recommended by - I Escape
Domes of Elounda 83 rooms from $265Elounda
A stunning hotel and spa resort on Mirabello Bay with its own private beach and dreamy views. Seamless rooms and suites with creamy furnishings, all the modern gadgetry, balconies, some with private pools. Three excellent restaurants, salt water pools and extensive spa. Luxurious.Child friendly - Numerous activities for children from tennis lessons and watersports to drawing classes.Families - Plenty of activities and kid's club to keep all ages amused.Beach nearby - Private sandy beach ideal for little childrenLuxury - You'll want for nothingRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa 251 rooms from $240Elounda
Ultra-luxurious haven combining the best of villa and hotel facilities, with over half the villas having private infinity pools. Elegant, with private beach, fine dining restaurants and an award-winning spa. Perfection.Honeymoons - This is honeymoon stuff- blue skies, crystal clear waters, indulgent spa, luxury accomadation and sunset cruises.Spa breaks - Combining the benefits of Thalassotherapy with the commitment to luxury and personal attention.Sailing - Take a romantic sunset cruise around the coast, sip on Champagne and admire the starlite skies.Cooking classes - Learn how to cook your favourite dishes on the menu from the world class Greek chef.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Amirandes 205 rooms from $263Anissaras
A palace fit for the legendary King Minos himself. Villas boast private pools, white on white decor and huge picture windows. Choice of nine casual and fine dining restaurants and bars. Lots of activities for couples and families.Spa breaks - Signature treatments using organic plants and extracts from Crete’s rare herbs and Ayurvedic therapies by Indian therapists.Fishing - Spend a relaxing day at sea on one of the local fishing excursions.Sights nearby - The Minoan Palace of Knossos is approx 9 miles away.Swimming Pool - Indoor, outdoor and private poolsRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Daios Cove Luxury Resort 300 rooms from $409Agios Nikolaos
Luxury beach resort just minutes from Agios Nikolaos. Sumptuous suites and villas with cool contemporary interiors and fabulous sea views, and many with their own private pool. Private sandy beach, and fantastic facilties for all the family including luxury spa and kids club.Kids Club - Supervised kids' club for children up to 12 with a huge range of activities.Swimming Pool - Two outdoor seawater infinity pools, plus two indoor pools too!Sights nearby - Visit Agios Nikolaos Port.On the beach - Private beach
St Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel and Villas 107 rooms from $271Agios Nikolaos, Crete
Low-rise garden resort with immaculate seaside grounds. Rooms with floaty linen curtains have excellent sea views from their large glass windows. Suites and private villas have personal pools. A good selection of bars and restaurants. Explore the surrounding islands or simply lie back and relax.Romantic Break - Spoil yourselves with chartered yachts, tandem massages, chic rooms, five on site restaurants plus cocktial bar and beach bar.Total relaxation - Totally unwind with relaxing Poseidon Spa face and body therapies, sauna, Hammam, jacuzzi and cocktails!Sailing - Explore untouched beaches and coves in the hotel's 34-foot sailing boat.Full of character - The retro 60's look adds an element of "cool"Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
Elounda Beach Hotel & Villas 204 rooms from $261Elounda
Indulgent celebrity hideaway in a fabulous location. Luxury rooms and suites make the most of the epic sea views. A range of restaurants serving excellent food from mediterranean to asian. Activities to suit all and a truly pampering spa. A benchmark for luxury on Crete.Weddings - Overlooking the deep blue Mirabello Bay, this is a fairytale location for a wedding, plus the property has its own chapel.Total relaxation - With palatial suites, private pools, pampering spa, and unbeatable service you are sure to leave relaxed and refreshed.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Sailing - The resort will happily arrange boat trips to the surrounding islands.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Elounda Mare 74 rooms from $263Elounda
Five Star luxury that attracts some of the world's most wealthy. Private beach, yachts to charter, every watersport, golf course, enormous spa, restaurants and varying accommodation. Rooms, suites, bungalows, and separate royal suites with private pools. An indulgent choice.Spa breaks - Each month offers the option of a particular programme, be it cleansing, massage, facials or detoxChild friendly - A complete world for children from creche to dancing lessons up to football camps for teenagersActive Holiday - All watersports, tennis, gym oh and perhaps shopping?5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Elounda Peninsula 50 rooms from $335Elounda
Experience luxury in abundance at this peninsular hotel with contemporary, stylish decor and sea views. All rooms come with an outdoor pool and private hot tubs. An award winning restaurant, a superb wine list and a well-known spa on site. Total bliss.Families - Family suites and private villas with pools - plus babysitting services and a kids' clubFoodies - The Calypso - an award winning restaurant on site serves French gourmet cuisineSpa breaks - An award winning spa specializes in unique treatments and medicinal treatmentsDiving - Crystal clear waters and fascinating flora and fauna to discoverRecommended by - Tablet