- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Delhi’s Best Hotels
Delhi’s best hotels aren’t cheap, but they can be very luxurious, and service is generally of a high standard. Although with so many new properties opening as India’s economy rapidly expands, training has become harder and it's even more important to do your research before you arrive.
Delhi’s best hotels can be divided into ‘modern’ classics and ‘heritage hotels’, which we list below, plus one or two contemporary newcomers.
Delhi’s Best Hotels for a City Break
- Maidens is Delhi's oldest heritage hotel, a tranquil haven amongst shady trees, but within walking distance of Mughal monuments and the shopping of Chandi Chowk.
- Or try The Amber, a slick, minimalist hotel with bright colours and great attention to detail.
Delhi’s Best Hotels for Local Colour
- The Lodhi has been cleverly converted from an Aman into a 40 room hotel, modern Indian in style, with huge rooms, lots of nice detail and a gourmet restaurant, beautiful pool and heavenly spa.
- The Imperial dates from the days of Gandhi and Mountbattan, but has been modernised in a way which complements the colonial and Art Deco foundations: floors are marble, furniture is teak, and there's a fantastic restaurant and spa. There's also a collection of over four thousand artworks and artefacts, some of them highly important.
Delhi’s Best Hotels for Romance
- The Claridges is a classic, calm heritage hotel in Lutyens' Delhi. Set in three acres in the diplomatic zone, this traditional lap of luxury is great if you're looking for somewhere to relax, and as well as all the greenery and generous Indian hospitality, this hotel has a beautifully designed spa.
- The Vivanta by Taj Ambassador is an elegant 1950s building decorated with traditional elegance. The old colonial charms run to huge rooms and balconies, marble floors and teak panelling, and you're close to the peace of Lodi Gardens and the Khan Market.
Delhi’s Best Hotels for Luxury
- The Leela Palace is a grand, palace style hotel in the Diplomatic Enclave, with all the accoutrements of luxury you'd expect from a palace: marble floors and columns, elegant rooms, enormous public spaces and a world class spa.
- The The Oberoi Delhi is a large and luxurious hotel elegantly decorated with dark woods and rich colours, and with views, a range of dining options, a spa, two pool and a golf links.
Delhi’s Best Hotels for Great Value
- Shanti Home offers clean, chic rooms and a wonderful roof top restaurant, which is also great value for money.
- Or consider Amarya Villa, a colourful hotel near trendy Hauz Khas, which has nine, unique rooms with bright wallpapers, silk furnishings and modern bathrooms, and there’s also a spa, restaurant and terrace - starting from £50 per night.
Delhi’s Best Hotels for Families
- Lutyens Bungalow is built in the Lutyens' old Colonial style, with a large garden, a vegetable patch and a swimming pool. And the crazy noise of the city is drowned out by the birds who flock to the magnificent shady trees in the old gardens.
Delhi’s Best Hotels for Foodies
- The ITC Maurya is known as Delhi's gourmet hotel. Its renowned restaurant, Bukhara serves northwest frontier tandoori food in majestic surroundings. This is also one of this city's finest and most famous.
If you can’t find your idea of the best place to stay in Delhi on our list of Delhi’s Best Hotels, you could:
- consider our Guru’s list of the Best Delhi Guesthouses,
- expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Delhi
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
The Amber 19 rooms from $56Delhi
Modern, slick minimalism with fantastic attention to detail at this guesthouse hotel. Mirrored mosaics, natural light, marble floors, and vibrant colours. Excellent value for money in this boutique.Local markets - Dilli Haat sells food, gifts and textiles from around the country.Sights nearby - Built by Fariborz Sahba, The Lotus Temple is a sight to behold.Great walks - Take a guided food tour of Old Delhi.Recommended by - I Escape
Amarya Villa 9 rooms from $92Delhi
Colourful hotel near trendy Hauz Khas. Unique rooms feature bright wallpapers, silk furnishings and modern bathrooms. Spa and massage treatments, terrace. Restaurant serves great Indian and Chinese dishes. A central and characterful hotel from which to explore India's capital.City Style - Perfectly located in South Delhi, within a short drive to all the sights, this eclectic hotel with spa is your ideal baseSights nearby - Short drive to India Gate, Delhi Zoo, Lodhi GardensSpaFull of character
ITC Maurya 415 rooms from $160Delhi (Sadar Patel Marg)
A top address, known as Delhi’s gourmet hotel - renowned Bukhara serves northwest frontier tandoori food. Superb spa and rooftop pool, classically elegant rooms, and majestic dining area and lobby. Luxurious facilities with bags of character.Foodies - Home to the famous Bukhara restaurant.Great walks - Sunset at Lodhi Gardens are particularly special.Local markets - Shopping in Janpath and Connaught Place.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor Pool
Maidens 55 rooms from $81Delhi
Delhi's oldest heritage hotel set in a tranquil haven of gardens and shady trees. Enormous rooms and a wonderful sit out terrace. Value for money in a peaceful spot, but still within walking distance of Mughal monuments and shopping in Chandni Chowk.Local markets - The bustling market of Paharganj is great for jewellery and leather goods.Great walks - Around India Gate at sunset with an icecream in hand.Sights nearby - Old Delhi and Jama Masjid are closeby.Swimming Pool - Large Outdoor Pool
The Claridges 287 rooms from $100Delhi
Classic, calm address in Lutyen's Delhi. A haven of peace and relaxation set in three acres of gardens with a lovely pool area. Contemporary classic reception rooms and minimalist rooms and suites. Beautiful zen spa, excellent restaurants and extensive business/banqueting areas. The lap of luxury.LuxuryGreat walks - Around historic Lodhi Gardens. Join in the morning for sunrise yoga.Local markets - Janpath market is great for picking up clothes and trinkets.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor Pools
Vivanta by Taj Ambassador 88 rooms from $108Delhi
The least expensive of the Taj group's three properties in Delhi, but by no means lesser value. Its old world charm and colonial heritage make it a delightful place to stay. Huge rooms with balconies, marble floors, teak panelling. For business and pleasure.Great walks - Lodhi Gardens, located round the corner, boasts Mughal tombs and fantastic sunsets.Sights nearby - Humayan's Tomb, India Gate, Purana Qila, The Red Fort and much more are all close.Local markets - Khan market is moments away.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - I Escape
The Leela Palace 254 rooms from $269Delhi (Diplomatic Enclave)
A gorgeous new addition to Delhi’s luxury hotels in a superb location. An iconic palace style hotel in characterful grandeur - columns, marble floors, enormous spaces. Elegant rooms, fantastic spa, and a fabulous selection of world-class cuisine. Perfect for business or leisure.Foodies - Home to Megu, widely considered Delhi's best sushi restaurant.Spa breaks - One of the best spas in Delhi - make sure to take advantage!City Style - An utterly opulent stay in the heart of the cityLocal markets - Connaught Place has local and international brands.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
The Imperial 234 rooms from $315Delhi
Iconic Delhi hotel harking back to another era. Sensitively updated for modern age comforts in synergy with its colonial and Art Deco foundations. Marble floors, teak furniture, and white-washed elegance. Fabulous restaurant, great afternoon tea and the famous Patiala bar. Great spa too.Local exploring - Centrally located with a metro station within walking distanceCity Style - The number one address in all of Delhi.Local markets - Within walking distance, Janpath displays items from all over India.Sights nearby - Connaught Place, India Gate and Jantar Mantar are all very close.Recommended by - I Escape, Fodors, Kiwi Collection
Shanti Home 17 rooms from $93Delhi
A stylish, individual, and characterful home from home set in a quiet West Delhi suburb. Clean chic rooms and a wonderful roof top restaurant - great value for money. A very charming spot for a gourmet city stay.Foodies - The roof top Lantern Terrace Garden is fantastic.Value chic - Chic accommodation at an attractive price.Sights nearby - Old Delhi and its winding lanes, Mughal architecture and mosques are an assault on the senses.Birdwatching - Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary, just 50km outside of Delhi, is a great day out.Recommended by - I Escape
Lutyens Bungalow 16 rooms from $87Delhi
Old style colonial charm - a rural idyll located in the area known as Lutyen's Delhi amidst acres of gardens close to Khan market and Lodhi Gardens. Lovely outdoor dining terrace, swimming pool and large, simple bedrooms. A peaceful hideaway from the bustle of Delhi. Home cooked food is served.City Style - Quintessential colonial Delhi, moments from the city's attractions.Families - This family run hotel makes every member feel right at home.Local markets - Khan Market, great for its shopping, bars and restaurants is a local favourite.Sights nearby - Red Fort, Purana Qila, Jamma Masjid and much more are within easy reach.
The Lodhi 40 rooms from $171Delhi (Pragati Vihar)
Formerly an Aman, following its renovation, this hotel had a lot to live up to. Its style is modern Indian: ornate lattice is worked into geometric shapes, huge rooms combine contemporary furnishings with silk and the odd elephant print. There is a gourmet restaurant, idyllic pool and fabulous spa.City Style - With sleek modern decor and geometric lines this property provides the ultimate in chic, city style.Local exploring - So many of Delhi's most iconic sights and attractions are within walking distanceGreat walks - Nearby Lodhi gardens, with their abundance of birdlife and wildlife (and dogs!) are perfect for an afternoon stroll.Sights nearby - Humayan's Tomb and the International Islamic Centre are within walking distanceRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The Oberoi Delhi 283 rooms from $204Delhi (Golf Links)
So much more than just a business hotel this property provides exceptional service to all its discerning guests. Rooms are decorated in dark woods and rich colours in an elegant, contemporary Indian style and feature excellent bathrooms and views. A myriad of dining options, a spa and two pools.Sights nearby - Humayan's Tomb is just a ten minute walk away or visit the Nizamuddin dargah on Thursday evenings.Great walks - Explore the city by foot on a Nizamuddin heritage walk.Local markets - Good for local colour.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet